main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Ahsoka in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth Valkyrus, Nov 6, 2013.

?

What should Ahsoka be like if she turns up in Rebels?

1. Like she was before the S3 timeskip. Snippy, impulsive, petulant, a little over-agressive

4 vote(s)
    1.1%
  2. Like she was post-timeskip: Mature for her age, insightful, reserved, able to mentor others

203 vote(s)
    57.2%
  3. Radically grimdarkened, fatalistic, sarcastic, determinist, but still essentially a good guy.

115 vote(s)
    32.4%
  4. Non-Sith Dark Jedi... either freelancing it, or with a group like the Nightsisters

15 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Sith-aligned Darksider working with the Empire / Vader etc.

18 vote(s)
    5.1%
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    1. Let's not get into discussions of "X group of fans" this and "Y group of fans" that. Y'all should know better than to draw lines in the sand; try and act like grownups.

2. We're long past the point of debate on the "last of the Jedi" situation. Many of you have been told to drop that line of discussion before, so you should definitely know better.

2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I think I missed the part where there was any kind of argument here. It seemed to me to be a friendly discussion.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
    revan772 likes this.
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    So on to another topic.

Is there anything about Ahsoka’s portrayal that you would have changed in the show without removing her entirely?

4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I never said anyone was arguing. But since I apparently need to be explicit- referring to "traditionalist fans" is the sort of talk we don't want to encourage.

5. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I couldn't tell ya what I'd change about her in the show. She appeared very sporadically; where she'd never really overshadow the Ghost Crew. I was content how she was portrayed in Rebels.

Dave Filoni just posted this picture on his FB page.
    [​IMG]

teamhansolo and Snafu55 like this.
  6. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I've actually sat down and watched all four seasons of Rebels. Initially, I was only paying attention on-off. Overall, while I don't like the series as much as TCW, I do love it now. I'm not going to bash it, even though I prefer the old EU generally. I think it represents some good aspects of the old canon in a condensed form, much like TCW did.

Plus, Ahsoka rocks. I can't decide if I like her, Satele, Anya Kuro, Bastila, Zannah, Traya, or Lumiya better. Ahsoka's just somethin' else. She's a good Grey Jedi, and far more likable than that troll from Revan's story. ;)

Of course, we now know that she lived. I am happy about that. For me, she's like Gandalf the White now. She went from being Ahsoka the Grey to the White. ;)

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  7. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    Glad she got an effect on you :)

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  8. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    Oh, yeah. I love this woman. It's amazing that, after my sex-change, I didn't use her name as one of my two middle names (legal name, gender change).

Ahsoka, much like Jyn Erso, works as a character. As much as I love Daisy Ridley's performance, I agree with Anakinfan on how they wrote her, but I'll leave it at that. I have zero problem with how Ahsoka and Jyn are written in anything.

teamhansolo and Mother_Talzin like this.
  9. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Ehh, Jyn is iffy as a character as well. Although I'll give Felicity Jones credit for doing the best that she could with what she was given.

10. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Frankly, I feel Ahsoka has some of the best character development of any CW era figure. Filoni really allowed her to mature on screen and evolve into something completely different after Rebels. There are plenty of gaps to fill in her story, but the mystery surrounding her also keeps fandom engaged.

11. Dorryn

Dorryn Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2015
    And this has me wondering : are they doing it on purpose?

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  12. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    Felicity Jones is boss.

Ashley Eckstein is amazing.

13. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    I wish Ahsoka had been more prominent and not as much of a background character in Rebels. I hope she is one of the main protagonists of the next series.

teamhansolo likes this.
  14. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    As do I, she's ready for the main role.

15. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I could see them using Sabine and Ahsoka alongside OT characters in a search for Ezra, perhaps the others will have the "happily ever after" exit from Rebels and be left out of the series. I hope the next animated show isn't Rebels v 2.0 though.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  16. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    I can't wait for post-return the jedi adventures with her.
    Also during that scene some where Ashoka haters every where are screaming in rage and didn't know way

17. Dorryn

Jan 24, 2015
    Her last appearance. That whole getup is too far from what we've seen before.

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well at that age (post-ROTJ) she can't possibly have been going around in the same outfit you saw through the Rebels age. The robes make her look more older and dignified; which is what I'd imagine was the plan all along in the epilogue sequence.

19. Dorryn

Jan 24, 2015
    Well of course I wouldn't expect her to wear the same outfit but.... White hooded robes and a wizard staff, seriously? Yes that IS a wizard staff. The Gandalf inspiration is so glaring here I'm surprised Peter Jackson didn't sue for royalties... I did not mind Ahsoka taking on the mantle of Gandalf figuratively, but literally dressing like him completely shattered my suspension of disbelief (or what was left of it).

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well essentially at that point she's an Obi-Wan like figure; even though technically she can't consider herself a true Jedi. An elderly Obi-Wan dons a robe on Tatooine. Of course Luke himself dons a rob in the ST movies. Sure, some might consider the Rebels crew took the whole "Gandalf-like figure" tease a bit too literally, but I still think it suits her fine.

21. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I think it is great myself.

22. Dorryn

Jan 24, 2015
    Well, I, for one think that hoods and montrals don't go well together, (unless there's a couple holes in the hood of course), so it doesn't help my opinion of this outfit.

23. Spartan Kobe

Spartan Kobe Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 7, 2014

"Do you know what happened to him?"
    "Oh he turned into a whiny idiot and murdered some younglings" lel

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.