main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Ahsoka Ahsoka in The Mandalorian & Spinoffs (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by TheCloneWarsForever, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Just because she denied any knowledge doesn't mean that it's definitely not happening.

Darkslayer and cwustudent like this.
  2. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    Man, this has gone completely viral - her return to TCW after seven years has been pushed off my search results. Nice work, Ahsoka. It wasn't enough to upstage the Ghost crew. Now you had to upstage yourself! [face_laugh]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
    Mostly Handless and AhsokaSolo like this.
  3. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
  4. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015

And Ewan McGregor will tell you that you deny until can confirm.

Mostly Handless and cwustudent like this.
  5. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    I can easily buy into that. If that's your intention or even if you just want to leave the door of possibility open for it you cast an actress like Rosario Dawson for the role rather than (as much as I and I know many other fans love her) reward Ashley Eckstein for all she's done for the character with a one off live action appearance.

6. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Live action Clone Wars with Ewan, Rosario and Hayden when?

7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    The more I think about it, this is Old Lady Tano we're talking about, aren't we? Her voice would obviously be changed pretty dramatically from what we're familiar with. She's going to be in her 70s, right?

8. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    Early 40's in the Mandalorian timeframe.

9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    She's around 45.

10. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    her age might not matter considering her weird connection to daughter

Mostly Handless likes this.
  11. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    If she was in the ST she would be in her 70's yes. But the Mando time frame she is mid to late 40's. If Mando season 1 did start 7 years after ANH, then she would be 42 at the start of Mando season 1. Now if there is a time jump (1 year or so) she'd still be only around 43. So she could be very formidable.

12. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Looking forward to Ahsoka getting VERY annoyed by Baby Yoda

13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Maybe Ahsoka mistakes the child for Yoda's offspring, be kinda funny. And Yoda sighs.

14. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    I do like that feel of someone who had a personal relationship with Old Yoda coming across his Son/Clone.

It broadens the History.
    I wonder if Moff Gideon had any contact with Yoda in the Republic days?

The timeframe between Cassian and Mando wouldn't be that great. A decade? A little more? The same actor could definitely do both. Lots of potential for gluing the different eras together here.

Darkslayer likes this.
  15. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    [​IMG]
    Yoda: Take care of my offspring, you must.

[​IMG]
    Ahsoka: I'm sorry, WUT?

[​IMG]

16. jedi-soon

jedi-soon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 27, 2001
    Sorry to be that guy, but I'm pretty bummed they didn't go with Ashley. I'm sure I'll still watch, but casting in general has been one of the few elements of the Disney era I've had absolutely no issues with up til now.

At least they are starting to pick up on the seeds sown by the end of Rebels.

Darkslayer likes this.
  17. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Personally I like the idea of Djarin getting caught between Luke and maybe a small new republic army on one side. Or maybe some new inquistor working for Palpatine and Moff Gideon and his legion on the other all fighting to get ahold of "The Child". Maybe even invent a new force user character just for this.

I can't see Ahsoka being motivated to kidnap anyone nor do I understand what her motives would be to get involved. But she could get involved in the middle. Imagine she her dualing against Luke granted he wouldn't be that much of a challenge rather than just Moff Gideon.

18. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I hope she visually looks good. Togruta's have a dodgy design, and Shaak Ti is our only example in live-action and, IMO, she looked pretty awful. Also, Ashoka cosplays always look horrendous. They always manage to overdo her lekku, and the top of her head. I would prefer a more subtle approach.

Other than that, happy with this news. Its good to finally have some good SW news and, in these times, good news in general about something I love, rather than "so-and-so has shut down production" and the like.

cwustudent and DarthKreVass like this.
  19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Ahsoka will probaly take the child to train as a jedi by the series finale. But for now she will be reccuring character to asist mando and help with the child. By now Luke is off on his indiana Jones adventures with lor san tekka.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  20. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    The show obviously has been strongly redesigning species to suit the show's mood. It'll be fun to see what they do.

But they can't go too far. They can't have fans yelling "Hey! No! That's not her!"

21. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I think motion capture is definitely the way to go with Ahsoka. I think it would look far better than trying to use prosthetics.

22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I wonder how mutch budget cuts goes too Ahsoka.

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Who knows maybe I’ll finally be interested in her character. Stranger things have happened.

cwustudent and Riv_Shiel like this.
  24. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    I don't know much at all about production costs, but isn't this far more expensive, and therefore unlikely? It is definitely what I would prefer, but I wouldn't mind prosthetics either. The main thing with prosthetic head tails is they always look light as foam. That's the main thing I want them to avoid.

25. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    Also after the HUGE succes of puppet Baby Yoda it's very doubtfull they would go that way.

Bor Mullet and AhsokaSolo like this.