main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Ahsoka Ahsoka in The Mandalorian & Spinoffs (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by TheCloneWarsForever, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    This will be her intro into a larger world and it means, all animation character has a chance of becoming live action.

Bor Mullet and Darkslayer like this.
  2. afterlight

afterlight Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2019

I don’t know that I’d call her inherently likable — she’s got her detractors — but she’s one of the brighter spots in TCW, with some really phenomenal character development and one of the more interesting overall narrative arcs in the saga. (And boy does she bring out the best in Anakin — she made him lovable to me in a way the prequels never quite could.) I’m not sure she isn’t being overused to her detriment, though — but then I think her arc should have ended in Rebels.

I think I’m a little concerned that the Marvel model won’t work as well for SW simply because the MCU built itself up over time while this might require a significant backward investment of time on the part of viewers, many of whom will be, fairly or not, resistant to animation.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
    Mostly Handless likes this.
  3. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Do not want. I like Ahsoka as an animated character. This reminds me of Disney's awful live action remakes of their classic animations.

DarthHass likes this.
  4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    But this is not a remake, it's remade creation into live action with existing characters.

Bor Mullet and Darkslayer like this.
  5. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I'm still more excited for that naked Gamorrean.

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I bet the naked Gamorrean will an all time wrestler.

7. RokurGepta

RokurGepta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2010
    I wasn’t talking about Marvel’s “It’s All Connected” model, I was talking about how Marvel took characters with well-established personalities informed by rich, lore-heavy backstories and made them appealing to a majority of viewers who had little to no investment in or familiarity with said backstories, or even the characters themselves.

afterlight likes this.
  8. afterlight

afterlight Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2019
    Ah, that makes sense. Doing so would require a pretty delicate narrative balancing act, I think, but in real fairness to the showrunners, they’ve handled stuff like that well so far. I do think they need to avoid overstuffing it with TCW/Rebels characters so I’m hoping this will be a one-off or two-parter.

9. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    The Mandalorian timeline still confuses me. From what I now understand, it takes place within five years after the Battle of Endor, right? Rebels takes place before ANH of course, and then we see the time-skip in the prologue where Ahsoka the White goes off with an older Sabine to search for Ezra. That takes after the Battle of Endor, right? I'll ask again, how old is Ahsoka supposed to be in The Mandalorian, and furthermore, what happened to her searching for Ezra?

10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    45 in mando season 2. She probaly found him in the 5 years between ROTJ and mando timeline.

11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    In her 40s. We don’t know yet.

12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    So she's in her 40s in the epilogue?

13. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Immortal and ageless. I am preparing myself for her to appear in High Republic.

BigAl6ft6, Seerow and Jesta' like this.
  14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    In the rebels epilogue she is 40.

15. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    She was born in 36 BBY so she’d be 40 in ROTJ. Not sure how long after ROTJ the epilogue to Rebels is but she’d be 45 in The Mandalorian.

AhsokaSolo likes this.
  16. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    give filoni time. He seems to love doing that

17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    nah he'll do one better, Ahsoka's great great great great grandmother was a jedi and the grand master of the order and she schooled Yoda at one time.

18. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    so let it be written, so let it be done

19. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    With Ray and Sam put together, is that what you mean?

20. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Yes, but that’s a situation where Ray Park’s voice doesn’t really suit the character but he’s perfect for the physicality of the role. He’s also nowhere near the actor Dawson is. Again you don’t cast Rosario Dawson and then dub her.

BigAl6ft6 and Bor Mullet like this.
  21. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I'd give her the benefit of the doubt considering we don't know how she'll voice the character right now. I know Dawson is a fine actress; though how that translates to a character we're all familiar with in animation remains to be seen. I know for what seems like a long time, she'd been advocating to play the live action role at some point. I just have reservations as to how in to it she'll be. Anyone who knows about Ashley knows that she lives and breathes SW and of course has a strong connection to Ahsoka. She's among the biggest celebrity geeks on the planet. Hell, she even "wore" Ahsoka at one point.

[​IMG]

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  22. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    We should give Rosario Dawson a chance, Just because it’s not Ashley eckstein does not mean she will perform badly.

In the long run, Rosario Dawson might be very good at the role and that’s were fans will most definitely want a Ashoka tano spin off live action tv show.

23. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    “Eckstein must do Ahsoka’s voice” is the new “Ingruber must be young Han.”

Nope. Good screen actors will do it.

Jolee Bindo and indydefense like this.
  24. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    It would bother me if they changed Ahsoka's voice in an animated series. Someone else playing her in live-action will be fine.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  25. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Given that she’s an accomplished screen actress, Dawson is very likely to perform much better than Eckstein would, as the latter has zero screen acting experience.