main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Ahsoka Ahsoka in The Mandalorian & Spinoffs (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by TheCloneWarsForever, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I just hope she sounds as good as Ahsoka in animatiion does. Somwhere betwwen what Maul sounds in episode 1 and the CW series.

2. R.D.

R.D. Jedi Master star 3

Nov 26, 2015
    I'm sort of mixed on this, it'll definitely be interesting seeing her in this format but at the same time I liked the idea of Mandalorian eking out its own thing with its own characters. I guess they might as well toss in Sabine, she'd be a natural fit at least.

Will give the actress a chance; I've seen some suggest Ashley Eckstein should do it but she's had fairly minimal live-action credits, and a character as physical as Ahsoka will probably need someone with more experience there.

3. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I’m going to predict a one-episode appearance from Ashoka.

GregMcP likes this.
  4. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Oh no

5. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    Ray Park's voice has been dubbed over from the moment Maul was introduced in TPM because it was considered an ill match. He's also a much less well known actor than Dawson is. Not really comparable.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
  6. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    And that's fine.
    I understand the point of view that The Mando ought to be its own thing, with its own characters.
    Special Guest cameos should be short.

7. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Baby Yoda who was stated to be 50 years old, was born in 41 BBY according to Wookieepedia.

Also according to Wookieepedia, Ahsoka was born in 36 BBY, five years later.

So, she's 45. During Mando season 1, anyway. I don't know if S2 will follow immediately, or if there will be a time skip.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
    indydefense likes this.
  8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think they wound't just give her one episode, more like 2-3 i mean you have to reintroduce her to a larger audience and i don't one episode is enough and she won't me some cameo then might as well picked a less known actress. I think she'll be given a small arc with baby yoda and then she leaves. then one year later we have our Ahsoka live action show. The Mandalorian will work as a backdoor pilot, Bob Iger said season 2 would give certain characters their own shows.

indydefense likes this.
  9. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    1. Great casting choice.

2. I'm very curious to see what Ahsoka is like now. Also will Sabine pop up here as well?

3. I wonder how they'll do the effects for her?

4. Hopefully we get Ahsoka in other stuff. If not her own show then just popping up in other projects.

Also no way they hire an actress of Rosario's talent and notoriety just to dub her over with someone else.

10. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I’m predicting that Ahsoka will appear at the end of the season. I assume that the over arching story arch for season two will be Mando chasing down rumours of possible Force users so that he can return the Child to the Jedi, which is how he’ll cross paths with Ahsoka.

indydefense likes this.
  11. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    I imagine they will do a lot of CGI, using the kind of head rigs used for JC's Avatar et. al.

In the PT, Orli Shoshan wore a big practical-effect headpiece to portray Shaak Ti. However, a large piece like that - what you'd get with an adult Togruta, which Ahsoka is long since by the time of The Mandalorian, is likely to have a fair degree of its own inertia, air resistance etc... imposing loads on it that would make it difficult to secure to the actress's head in a way that both looked natural, and was solid enough not to move around, during any kind of intense, high-energy action / fight scenes. Shaak Ti didn't have any such scenes (we saw her light up her sabers in the background on Geonosis, after that any of her combat was off-screen) so it was OK in her case. With Ahsoka... high energy combat is much more likely. It's possible they will use a combination of a practical effect for scenes where she is just sitting or standing around, walking casually... but then CGI for action, combat scenes.

Thrawn082 likes this.
  12. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    They could do Mo-cap. The technology in Avatar and the newer Planet of the Apes films looks amazing.

Yeah I hope that they didn't hire Rosario Dawson and bring Ahsoka to live action finally without at least some plans to do more with her.

Darth Valkyrus likes this.
  13. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Actually, that gives me a sudden thought. There is reputed to be an Ahsoka/Rex series in development for Disney+. I assumed that that was going to be animated, but the casting of Rosario Dawson as Ahsoka makes me wonder if that show is going to be lived action as well. A live action Ahsoka/Rex series could potentially kick all kinds of ass.

black_saber likes this.
  14. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    The precedent has been set is my point. And it’s very comparable, I mean what has Dawson even been in that makes her this highly esteemed actress?

15. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    Well of course there's precedent for voice over in the franchise. James Earl Jones? And "well known" and "highly esteemed" aren't the same things. She's been a busy actress for over 20 years. Which goes back to my point: a lot of people know what Rosario Dawson's voice sounds like and hearing Ashley's come out of her mouth will likewise be weird for those people.

16. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    Also Ray Park often plays characters that are highly physical, but often have little to no dialogue.

17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    She will probaly change her voice to try and sound like what Ahsoka sounds like.

18. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Something worth remembering is that not everyone who watches the mandalorian will have watched the animated shows, so if Ahsoka did appear she would have to be introduced to those people who do not know her. so that can't mean just throwing too much Rebels lore and expecting everyone to know whats going on.

Plus its still the Mandalorians show.

19. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    Which would make Sabine appearing make even more sense. She is a Mandalorian after all. And she has history with the Darksaber as well.

20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I could see Sabine cameo in season 2.

21. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I don't think they'll really explain who Ahsoka is. I think she'll just appear. Most of the casual audience who have never seen anything but the movies and The Mandalorian. And there will be those, my dad will not watch anything animated. Will probably be like, "Cool a Jedi! Lightsabers! Lightsaber fight!" and think nothing more of her.

Mostly Handless and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    You kind do have to reintroduce even, kinda like how you introduced Kuii.

23. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    If they do release that Rebels sequel series and it's aying at around the same time as The Mandalorian, then that would be a little wild. Seeing her animated for a few episodes, perhaps also in this "Empire Fallen" time, then suddenly popping up as a real life character.

Of course it could all be a case of rumour-wires getting crossed, and she's not in The Mando at all and she's totally in her own Live Action show.

24. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    When will the “small cameo would go to lesser known actor” myth die? Cameos are almost by definition reserved for well-known actors! Including in Star Wars. Lor San Tekka, Saw Gerrera. We had this same discussion about Lor San Tekka, with legions insisting that Max Von Sydow must be a major character because if he was just a cameo, why not go with a lesser known actor? Please let it end.

*Rant over, back to worrying about coronavirus* :)

Demon4x4 likes this.
  25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Lor san tekka was a small character in a movie with multible characters, Saw Gerrera was more of a side character then a simple cameo. They could have went with smaller actors wound't really change anything. But they wanted to have an old actor to potray him and max sydow took the role. Ahsoka is the most popular non movie character and one of the 5 most popular among fans. She'll have samll part in this and then have her own show and star in other projects. Ahsoka won't be a cameo she more popular then those minor and side characters. She' a major character in the Star wars universe.