main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Ahsoka Tano: Jedi Knight

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by SateleNovelist11, Jan 17, 2015.

1. ObsGryphon

ObsGryphon Jedi Padawan star 1

May 8, 2015
    Oh thanks. I only watched ROTS once. :D I'm not very partial to the PT. So it was Bail. Good choice there. So R2 will remember everything so now I'm wondering if Ahsoka would actually think of asking R2 about what happened to Anakin and Padme, etc after she left. I guess it might be brought up in Rebels.

2. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    It would be interesting if R2 appears in Rebels. At any rate, I think Ahsoka is going to find out the identity of Darth Vader in the June opening of Season 2. Vader is going to be intensely frightening, I'm sure. I'm glad we're seeing him as an unstoppable warrior both on the field and in his TIE Advanced fighter. It will be interesting to see Ahsoka's reaction to Vader. I have a theory about what will ultimately happen to her.

3. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Um, R2 already appeared in Rebels, in Droids in Distress.

But seeing how he works for Bail and so does Ahsoka, it would be nice to see the 2 of them meet again.

cwustudent likes this.
  4. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    Oh, okay. I haven't seen the whole season.

5. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    One thing I'd be curious about is if she still refers to R2 as "R-tooey". It was kinda cute and tolerable when she was much younger; but considering she's an adult now, I'd assume those nicknames would've been long forgotten.

6. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    If she meets Vader and doesn't call him Skyguy, it will be a sad day...

7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Unless I'm mistaken, she hadn't called Anakin "Skyguy" throughout the last couple of seasons. I think it was more a product of the episodes becoming more dramatic.

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  8. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Yeah I know, but it would be like how Anakin called her Snips in The Wrong Jedi. it was a reminder of how things used to be with them.

Besides, Ahsoka doesn't have to be serious all the time. :p

Agent M and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  9. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    I can see Ahsoka trying to get Vader to ragequit by continually calling him Skyguy every time they fight. If the dude doesn't even answer to 'Skywalker' anymore then how P-O'd would he be by fricking 'Skyguy'? Would put him right off his game.

10. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I think it would be far worse if Vader at some point refers to Ahsoka as "Snips".

cwustudent and jakobitis89 like this.
  11. jakobitis89

Jan 27, 2015
    Now I do kind of want a scene where he slips up and accidentally calls her 'Snips' and has to try and explain himself to Tarkin...

"By which I mean... snip off her head... yes... with my lightsaber... is what I meant.''

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

It would put Ahsoka in a grave.[face_devil]

jakobitis89 likes this.
  13. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    My fingers are crossed.

14. ObsGryphon

May 8, 2015
    Care to share? ;)

Typical Vader action. Can he be atypical? ...perhaps not.

15. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    Vader is certainly among the most powerful and deadliest Sith Lords of all time. Even with his cybernetics, Vader was a frightening opponent. I'm guessing that Ahsoka will be throughout Season 2, but my personal guess is that Sidious will kill her. [face_nail_biting]:_| At any rate, I've given my opinion a few times here.

My guess is that Vader is going to almost kill Ezra and Ahsoka will save him. That's how the season will start off. I can't say I'm really into Rebels that much, however. I've been digesting old school EU of late. I bought a ton of EU books in Florida. Oh, yeah.

16. ObsGryphon

May 8, 2015
    Actually it was Sabine, so I heard, who dropped something, really heavy, on Vader as a distraction. He shrugged it off but it bought time for Kanan and Ezra to escape.

17. ObsGryphon

May 8, 2015
    I'm relatively new around here so I haven't exactly come across your opinion. :) But the general expectation is a doom and gloomy outcome.

Typical scenario, generally supported because some want her to die / don't see any way that she could live / why she should live / doesn't deserve to live / she has to die to prove Vader is a badass evil unstoppable black cookie baker who can only bake black cookies.

* Vader hunts down and kills Ahsoka in a one vs one. Or if she seeks him out, he kills her. Either one ties in to the martyr idea, going out in a heroic way.
    * Vader kills Ahsoka as she attempts to save someone. Also can be tied in to the martyr idea.
    * Sidious captures Ahsoka and orders Vader to kill her after interrogation is over. Or if she is not killed by Vader, killed by inquisitor after interrogation.
    * Ahsoka is captured and dies while attempting to escape her prison cell.
    * Ahsoka dies in a inquisitor / troopers confrontation.
    * Ahsoka is betrayed and dies.

Atypical scenario 1 - Death sample 2

* Ahsoka died in other circumstances; ship crash due to sabotage, etc, while on an errand for the Alliance
    * Ahsoka died while saving others on a mission.

Atypical scenario 2 - Life onwards past OT

* Ahsoka does not run into Vader.
    * Ahsoka meets Vader, comes away alive but seriously injured.
    * Ahsoka is captured but rescued or evades capture.
    * Ahsoka is captured, interrogated but ends up being sent as a slave to work for the Empire. She doesn't get rescued or unable to escape, injuries or perhaps held in such a secure zone, she can do nothing, until the Empire hit the dust.
    * Ahsoka is captured but ends up being a victim to some experiment or really extreme torture, she cannot remember who she is and forgets her force abilities. Sent to work for the Empire.

Me, I'd prefer the atypical towards life. Primarily because they through so much trouble to expand Anakin's character in TCW. It has been years after the emotional madness of ROTS, I'd expect at least some slight changes in him.

My best scenario for Ahsoka - she senses Vader and doesn't believe it. She sets about to find the truth concerning Anakin. Once she knows what had happened, she wondered if it is even possible to get him back. The darkness she felt doesn't make it likely but she dares to hope. Events in Rebels run, while the main cast take center stage, she evades the inquisitor sent after her. Perhaps finally culminating in a confrontation that leads to Vader. They speak and she realises her hope is an illusion. Vader might even attempt to recruit her but she rejects it. They fight but Vader does not give her the death stroke. Instead he tells her the people's rebellion is futile, it will fail, Anakin is dead and will not return. He tells her the next time they meet, he will not hesitate and lets her go. Alternatively, if some reason, Vader is disadvantaged and it is Ahsoka who has the opportunity to deal the death stroke, she doesn't. She begins to make her escape and as she departs, he tells her the same thing; he will not hesitate. She leaves, knowing what he said is true; Anakin will not return. She then focus her efforts to help build up the rebellion from then onwards, participants in some other struggle in the final battle in the OT and lives on.

*cricket cricket* :p

18. Tackelberry

Tackelberry Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2014
    She called him Skyguys and he called her snips during the invasion of Cate Namoidia before they were called back due to the temple bombing.

cwustudent likes this.
  19. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    The crickets keep chirping. Nice analysis, ObsGryphon. I like your name.

To speak more generally about Rebels, there is a criticism that it's dumbed down stuff for children. For example, isntead of having a serious, fairly nuanced inquisitor like Jerec, we get a nameless Inquisitor who wields gyroscopic lightsaber and we learn nothing about him. Instead of a fairly morally ambiguous, ex-Jedi like Jax Pavan and his Twi-lek friend, we get Kanan and Hera. Jensaarai1 pointed this out in one his YouTube videos. I'm on the fence about it. I could accept TCW along with the rest of the EU, but I don't know if I'll ultimately accept Rebels or not. The story is whatever you want it to be, in theory, and that's how I look at it.

I tend to lean toward the Sidious involvement with Ahsoka and Vader. It sounds like it would be a twisted version of ROTJ. But at this point I don't want to think about it. It's depressing, really, whether you like Ahsoka or not. Besides, she's not the main character of this story like Ezra and the others are.

There are plenty of arguments for and against this series, with Filoni fans and Filoni haters. I honestly think that those who like him and those who hate him both give him a bit too much credit, since he's one of many writers and he collaborates with various people. For many years, I was very anti-Lucas, but then I began to appreciate a lot of his good ideas. I think he works best as a collaborator, or one of many working on a large project. I don't really like to simplify things down to Lucas-bashing or Lucas-gushing, and unless we're talking about a real life fool or just a plain evil pedophile/rapist in real life--in which case I would favor them being locked away after a trial--I don't like to simplify anything. People around here either like me or dislike me, but some girls like me like to view things as complexly as possible. I'll look over every detail before I form my opinion. Four sames--same origami. Lol.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  20. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    And I was always wondering about the Inquisitor's name ... until now! For there is no entry in Wookiepedia about him yet. Maybe his name is just Inquisitor after he came into service of the empire. And the next inquisitor will also renounce to his previous name. :D

I have the feeling after they did realize how successful TCW was, they launched a brand for the younger watchers and potential fans, including Vader and Ahsoka, placed it on the relevant TV-Channels and expected much money.

This was also tried in Germany with the Telenovela: "Verliebt in Berlin". This was so popular through all ages, so they thought they make some new telenovela with music out of this for younger people on a channel for youth. And it became a big desaster. TCW was made straight from the heart of George Lucas. And it found it's way to the hearts of the fans. But from which heart Rebels came - I don't know yet.

21. jakobitis89

Jan 27, 2015
    Season 1 Inquisitor's real name actually was Inquisitor (his parents were big Monty Python fans.) His formal title was Inquisitor Inquisitor. This is absolutely 100% true.

(In my head. Yes I have a weird head.)

22. ObsGryphon

May 8, 2015
    Thanks. I shortened it; Obs - Obsidian. It's a mouthful to read it. :p

I made up that list as a sort of preparation for the worst even though Disney is helming Rebels and highly probable 99% focus on main cast and their run-ins with the Empire with the chars from TCW sailing through now and then in the background as prop assistants. :p I find S1 of Rebels ok / average, that's usually normal for any starting season of a new series. Will S2 Rebels get better? We can only hope.

23. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    Ah, I see. Obsidian is a nice name, though. I like onyx, as well.

You pretty much view Rebels the same way I do.

I'm more interested in how they'll portray Darth Vader than Ahsoka or anyone else. I'm not sure why it is. I guess it's because I was abused by a couple of ex-girlfriends, one of whom I knew was treated horribly as a child, that I have more sympathy for even terrible characters like Vader. I try to see the good in him or the complexity like Luke would. I've met people who say that even the darkest, most depraved people are lost and there is some good buried down deep somewhere inside them. It's called idealistic or hippie-like to try to love everyone, but the idea is that even the most lost and harmful people were not always that way. Personally, I see Vader as a tortured servant of Sidious's, and I've elaborated on this before. I really admire the way Luke was portrayed as having a hand in encouraging Vader to redeem himself. I do appreciate the idea of Ahsoka being added to the story to give to make Anakin have more redeeming qualities and to be a darker character before he becomes Vader, and I pretty much view her as up there with Shmi, Padme, Obi-Wan, Luke, and Leia as far as the major people in Vader's would be listed. I recently watched EvanNova95's video about Vader vs. Caedus, and it was intense. I sympathize with Lumiya's analysis that Vader was basically a broken man who felt like he had no choice but to be the vassal of Sidious even though he hated him. Vader in many respects is like some of the old Shakespearean characters who are tragic due to being damaged more by themselves than by others. I doubt Vader would realize that he mostly turned himself into a monster until later on more so than Sidious or anyone else. Perhaps that was what he was thinking when Luke spoke with him during ROTJ.

24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    If you like Vader the tortured servant, read Lords of the Sith.

And Lucius Inquisitorous' real name is Lucius Inquisitorous. Dammit.

jakobitis89 and SateleNovelist11 like this.
  25. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    If you kill one Inquisitor, do another two rise to take his place like Samael from Hellboy?! I kinda suspect Filoni is a Del Toro fan.

rumsmuggler likes this.