main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Ahsoka Official Ahsoka Series Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by DannyD, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    i'm pretty sure there are photos and video floating out there

2. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    No, long (well, shoulder length) dark hair.

3. dick rodgers

dick rodgers Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2016
    God I hope this show is good. Kenobi has me feeling more apathetic than ever regarding SW. I still have faith in Favreau and Filoni. They mostly get it.

4. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Following on from Rebels. I dunno, I think this show will have alot to carry.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  5. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    IMO, this show has far more leeway than Kenobi did; for good reason. There was absolutely NO threat to anyone's fate in the Kenobi series; not to Leia, not to Luke, not to Vader, and not to Kenobi. The only threats were of the side characters.

It'll be different in the Ahsoka series. No one knows what happens to Ezra. No one knows what happens to Sabine. No one knows what happens to Thrawn. And certainly no one knows what happens to Ahsoka herself. Everything is up in the air. And personally, my bar isn't set against the Kenobi show. It's set against TCW. You should know me by now.

6. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    I think a lot of people are going to like where this show takes the IP. No continuity constraints. And fans are going to want more. The execs had good foresight to greenlight Rebels early on for the OT era with a set of new characters so now Filoni and Co can set those characters loose in the unknown regions mostly untied to the Skywalker Saga.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
  7. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I watched Rebels: Twilight of the Apprentice and TM Ep13: The Jedi just because I had some spare time and...
    OWK slicing through Vader's mask the other day
    ... reminded me I hadn't watched Ahsoka vs Vader for some time.

The aspect of this I'm looking forward to is Ashoka's relationship with Anakin's spirit, may be Anakin decided to guide Ahsoka more than Luke because he really doesn't know Luke but Ahsoka was like his kid sister. The banter they can have given Filoni's previous writing could really be the same treat we saw before in TCW. Still a surprise appearance from Luke might shed some light on what happened to Anakin's spirit after Endor.

8. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    That might be treading on very sensitive waters, if they decide to go that route. Luke was supposed to be the one to reach Anakin's light side; not Obi-Wan, not Ahsoka. After the climax of ROTJ, it would be strange that FG Anakin would simply ignore his son moving forward in favor of his former Padawan. I like the idea of Anakin talking to his son about Ahsoka; and that perhaps it's FG Anakin who's the one who introduces Luke to Ahsoka in the first place. Picture Hayden talking to Mark about Ahsoka, with perhaps flashback scenes of the Clone Wars together with Obi-Wan. That would certainly be way up their in the ranks of rewatchable scenes on YouTube for sure.

whostheBossk and Django Fett like this.
  9. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Good point but not ignore Luke, Luke already has OWK and Yoda's spirits for guidance. Luke has fulfilled his goal and saved his father's soul, now Anakin's spirit is given the task to guide Ahsoka, something he feels more suited for than guiding Luke. Luke has spent a matter of hours with his father, where as Ahsoka have spent years. Luke has seemingly found his path where as Ahsoka is still and searching that path includes Thrawn.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  10. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I don’t think they will use the Grysk, and frankly I don’t think they should.

When it comes down to it, Thrawn himself is a better villain than the Grysk and Heir to the Empire is a better story than the canon novels. Lucasfilm is basically sitting on a ready made iconic villain, so it makes all the sense in the world for them to go that route.

Plus, Zahn himself has said that he views all his novels working within the same broad story, so in his mind Thrawn becomes an imperial warlord after Return of the Jedi.

godisawesome likes this.
  11. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    There wasn't even a threat to Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru. A Star Destroyer could have parked right over their little farm and we'd be thinking 'meh... they'll be fine.".
    I recall when Twilight of the Apprentice first aired and Ahsoka's fate was up in the air and no one knew what would happen. The Ahsoka series will be like that. No one will know what's going to happen unless there are leaks. But I'm confident in Filoni's trust tree.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
  12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    The only leaks to be on the lookout for would be potential actors/characters that haven't already been announced. It's not like anyone's fate will be revealed before the episodes air.

rumblewagon likes this.
  13. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    I still kind of see the Grysk as part of Thrawn’s “excuse” that showcases an area where his otherwise flexible and analytical view becomes limited by his own pride/prejudice and cultural context from both the paranoid and militaristic (if not necessarily totalitarian) Chiss Ascendancy and the (definitely totalitarian) Empire.

It doesn’t necessarily matter whether or not the Grysk truly are a greater threat to the Galaxy than the Empire, or even just an inevitable threat to the Ascendancy only; Thrawn himself is never going to pursue a diplomatic path of cooperation with the larger Galaxy to stop them, as he believes in a combination of rigid hierarchy, secrecy, and on the authoritarian systems in which he’s served his entire life.

The irony is that an otherwise supremely rational strategist is made a villain to the New Republic because of an irrational distrust of the type of freedom the Republic governments use.

14. Internets

Internets Jedi Master star 1

Nov 28, 2008
    Well, we know she dies between this series and TROS although knowing Filoni she'll probably turn up alive post-TROS..

cwustudent likes this.
  15. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    It bothers me when people talk about the lack of stakes if you know certain character's live. There are alot of movies and tv shows that if you really thought about it you probably would realize the chances of certain characters being killed off is incredibly slim. But you watch it anyway.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
    dogprivilege and godisawesome like this.
  16. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Certainly whenever you rewatch a film you know, so if that was what was important no one would rewatch shows.

And heck, let's not pretend that the outcome is that doubtful when you watch a new story anyway - very few stories kill off their main characters, especially before the end, and those that do usually telegraph it coming and only kill at a suitably dramatic moment. Even game of thrones didn't have anyone important die of dysentery or drown crossing a river or get hit by an arrow in a minor skirmish.

Plus, something that really changed my mind on the subject was recently I was reading a manga were resurrection was actually fairly easy and common, and I found it actually aided the tension of the story rather than take away from it - namely, there was none of this stormtrooper marksmenship stuff where nothing hits the heroes because that would end the plot, main characters got killed suddenly and brutally. Really helped sell the opposition as something to take seriously, especially since the main characters are established to be very competent in their own right.

17. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I don’t know that it is an irrational distrust.

Unlike in Legends where he was fairly obscure, Thrawn would surely be well known to the New Republic for his actions against the Rebellion during the early days of the war. He’d have to be the biggest war criminal alive at this point in the timeline, well known for psychological manipulation and unorthodox strategy. I don’t know that the New Republic would really want to sit down at a table with him or believe anything he has to say about boogeymen in the Unknown Regions.

And it would be perfectly understandable for the New Republic to feel that way. Especially considering that a lot of their leadership are comprised of people Thrawn directly tried to kill.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
    MercenaryAce likes this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Unless they do it really well this show will be confusing for much of the people who watched Mando. It’s a direct sequel to rebels. And builds off of two whole TV shows with 11 seasons worth of content.

19. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    In Filoni we trust

20. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    Yeah - I have to admit, that is a big reason that I am surprised that they are doing this in live action. I know live action shows have a bigger audience than the animated shows, but that just means all the more people will be confused about what is going on, or at least not have quite the same emotional impact of the twists and character interactions.

21. Force Nexus

Force Nexus Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 22, 2022
    Oh yeah, they are definitely going to remake the Ahsoka vs Vader duel from Rebels, and live-action people will keep saying that Ahsoka stole it from Obi-Wan [face_laugh]

rumblewagon and MercenaryAce like this.
  22. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    It just means its gonna have to be written to maneuver around too many details.

23. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    There are already morons who think the Rebels Ahsoka vs. Vader battle should have been done more like the live action Obi-Wan vs. Vader fight. Comments about the eyebrow and skin texture. I've always held the opinion that Dave put the eyebrow in so that he could later remove it in a Special Edition... just like George Lucas.

24. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Yep I agree. If anything he should've been mostly twi'lek.

Thing is, canon Thrawn isn't a villian. Unless Ahsoka is a threat to the ascendancy I can't see him going after her or any rebels after the empire's destruction.

25. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    Especially since there was already a couple of hybrid human-twilek kids in TCW who looked much more twi'lek. And both sets had twilek mothers and human fathers, so it isn't even one of those things where the hybridization is different depending on the pairing.

Personally, I would argue that Canon Thrawn is very much a villain. A villain with depth, complexity, and even sympathetic motives, but a villain none the less. His forces in the Mandalorian were ravaging and oppressing an innocent world after all.

Whether he would go after Ahsoka or not is irrelevant, it has been established that she is coming after him. If nothing else, she needs him to find Ezra.

whostheBossk and godisawesome like this.