main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Ahsoka Official Ahsoka Series Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by DannyD, Dec 10, 2020.

1. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    True, and admittedly what I'm about to say doesn't make a ton of logical sense but
    for me setting a new Star Wars story in a different galaxy is a way to set up a story in an environment free of the baggage created by the ST. A new galaxy could serve as a soft reboot. I know this show takes place before the ST but for the audience the baggage is still there.

As much as I love the Mandalorian and Grogu there's a part of me that's thinking, "none of this is going to matter in the end because there's no Grogu to help save the day in the ST and the status quo is reset in TFA".

Yes, there are a million things flawed with this line of thinking but that's how I think about it.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2022
  2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Good thing that wont happen. Its just as bad as time travel. Easy awnser Grogu been away with Din and Ahsoka during the ST 1 year conflict. And will help post ST.

rocknroll41 likes this.
  3. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Ha! Look at this guy thinking we're going to get movies set after the ST!

2Cleva and Fredrik Vallestrand like this.
  4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Damon Lindelof,;)

rocknroll41 likes this.
  5. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    The impression I got was also that it was a specific part of the Unknown Regions rather than a different galaxy or universe, though in any case it is going to be part of the star wars universe with a lot of weirdness and relatively little familiar elements.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  6. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Yeah I thought of that when I was typing out my comment and, 1) yes, good point, but 2) I'll believe it when I see it. I think somebody brought to my attention yesterday that we've had 12 aborted Star Wars movies over the last few years. That said, I do hope Lindelof's movie happens. The Leftovers, Watchmen, and yes even Lost are some of my favorite shows of all time.

7. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    The real Snoke is the friends we'll find along the way.

8. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    It’s funny how so many were theorising that Snoke would factor into all of this as Thrawn’s canon C’Baoth stand-in. Going by this report

Snoke’s unlikely to be connected and Thrawn’s going to have Nightsisters as his accomplices.

9. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Speaking of this...

10. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    I think anybody wishing for an alternate universe with the WBW in Ahsoka and rebooting the timeline to eliminate the ST are going to be in for some disappointment.

The mentioning of Mon Mothma's Military Disarmament Act in that article ties directly into one of the new Canon novels (one of the Aftermath ones off memory) under the Disney era of Star Wars. From memory, it involves the final truce between the Empire and Alliance; thus allowing the formation of the New Republic and the opposing sides in the central government - the Populists (more supported by Rebel Alliance people and worlds) and Centrist (who are more old Imperial people and worlds). Which of course all of this then feeds into the narrative of Centrist channelling funds to The First Order and it ties into what the Bloodline (Leia) novel is all about.

The most it would mean for Ahsoka IMO is that it's just another parallel galaxy where the Filoni-verse can reign. It would give a strong reason why Ahsoka, Din, Grogu and so on weren't in the main Galaxy during the events of the ST. They were fighting their own battles in this part of the overall galaxy.

The ST isn't going anywhere - as it should be.​

whostheBossk and rocknroll41 like this.
  11. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    It does seem to be a clever way to have all of this play out without having to be restricted by (or to invalidate) the continuity of films/books/comics. Also expands the Star Wars universe in a pretty big way.

Might also be an indication for how things play out in Mando season 3 with Moff Gideon and what his exact relationship is with Thrawn. Going by this report, he might not be as tied in as initially thought.

12. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    Gideon feels to me like he’s probably going to be used as the “normal fish in a small pond” contrast with Thrawn as the “big fish” regardless of whether he works for Thrawn or not; it could be possible that Gideon’s scenes in The Mandalroian Season 3 have him do soemthing like desperately pull out his “I know where Thrawn is” card, and then immediately be killed by Thrawn’s agents. Or maybe Thrawn wants Pershing for the more pragmatic reason of just wanting clones…

I sort of like the idea that of Thrawn has a new playground, he can eventually build up the forces neccessary to conquer the rest of the (normal) Galaxy, but still needs to avoid drawing the eye of the Galaxy until he’s ready.

SyndicThrass likes this.
  13. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    It could be an instance of them taking a page from Legends and having Thrawn essentially co-opt the cloning project for his own more practical ends.

Gideon and Pershing were obviously focused on utilising Grogu and force sensitivity in their genetic experiments, but it would be in character for someone like Thrawn to come in, dismiss that more Sith focused side of things and just go in for clone troopers to bolster his faction. Whether Gideon agrees or not.

godisawesome likes this.
  14. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    I like the idea more of Gideon and Thrawn doing their own thing seperate from each other

15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Gideon and Thrawn will not be connected now i think and Gideon is with the New Regime that will come in ST. Thrawn has his own operations.

rocknroll41 likes this.
  16. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    I won’t be surprised at all if Gideon’s dead by the end of Mando season 3 and we get a post-credits scene of, I dunno, Ray Stevenson’s character (Pellaeon?) and Thrawn.

whostheBossk likes this.
  17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    If we are to believe the actor Gideon might still be around for Mandalorian season 4 and possible the crossover event. We van have multiple imperial remnants, with Gideon, Palleon and Thrawn. I dont think they will kill Gideon until the end of Mandalorian and he will be the main villain. Thrawn will be the main villain for the new republic era both in in and outside republic space.

18. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    As I have said before, I am not even sure Thrawn is going to be imperial in the series - his troops on Corvis certainly didn't look classically imperial, and the recent novels have emphasized that he only worked for the empire to further his agenda, so with the empire gone he might see no reason to cling to it and instead make his own faction with its own goals.

19. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    All of these people who have leaked the stuff with Mikkelsen have confirmed he’s very much still wearing his Imperial Grand Admiral uniform and surrounded with Imperial iconography.

Even if he’s got a mishmash force of Imps and “Beyond” natives, I have to imagine he’s still very much an a imperial warlord of some sort, even if it’s an imperial faction that serves his agenda instead of Palpatine.

20. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    In my head Thrawn would just return to the ascendancy after Palpatine's death.

21. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Love the look of the Corvis forces, so I hope that look applies more broadly across his realm of control.

22. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Actually now I remember, in Thrawn's absence the Grysk have manipulated the ascendancy into civil war, so maybe Thrawn is raising an army to go and take back his home?

Last edited: Dec 10, 2022
  23. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    I suspect Favreau and Filoni are going their own way with Thrawn.

Maybe they’ll reference the Grysk as a motivating factor, but having Thrawn on screen for the first time in 30 years and not doing some iteration of Heir to the Empire/Grand Admiral Thrawn of the Imperial Remnant is like doing Superman for the first time in live action and not having him as a superhero. There’s no way they depict him as some noble hero against all the legacy of him being the most iconic EU villain.

24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Oh Thrawn will No doubt be the main villain, he will be like Thanos for the star wars tv shows. Maybe we see some of Thrawn's good side as we saw in Rebels. I suspect Thrawn will be the one of the reasons why New Republic might be falling closer to the ST.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2022
  25. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    To clarify, I am sure what is left of the seventh fleet is going to be at the core of Thrawn's power, and yeah I would very much doubt that that they would have Thrawn show up without his iconic look.

Still, it just occurs to me that they could have very easily just filled Corvus with stormtroopers and given the Magistrate a more imperial look (and indeed some of her early concept art did look more regularly imperial), and it would have saved them time, money, and effort, so there had to be a reason to go with different, non-imperial designs.

So I don't think he is going to be working directly with Gideon or the First Order, but doing something closer to the Empire of the Hand from Legends, making his own new state with a particular purpose in mind.

Yeah, they are pretty cool looking, I would also love to see more of them.

I would also like it if they brought back the samurai-stormtrooper bodyguards that got designed but not used for the episode:

One can do a bit of both. While I doubt the Grysk are going to be "the real threat" that the heroes team up with Thrawn to oppose like I have seen many speculate, I wouldn't be surprised if Thrawn was still motivated out of a desire to create a buffer state to protect his homeland, and mention some of the Unknown Region threats that he is worried about...which would be a great place to do so some shout outs and list the Grysk, Ssvi-Ruuk, Vagari, Killiks etc.