main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Ahsoka Official Ahsoka Series Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by DannyD, Dec 10, 2020.

1. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Yeah, I'm ready for something new. Ahsoka had all of that in Rebels.

2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  3. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Is this a reliable source?

Though it does seem like the obvious storyline, and what most were expecting after The Jedi.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    It is a 50/50 rumor with somewho is right and wrong on star wars and marvel.

5. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    DanielRPK is a very unreliable source unfortunately, yet his stuff keeps getting shared like KesselRunTransmissions because he like them just throws stuff at a wall seeing what sticks. Out of a 100 leaks ofcourse one is going to be right.

6. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I suspected as much. As I said, this seems like the obvious storyline, so it being a guess makes sense.

7. shaak fett

shaak fett Jedi Padawan

Aug 8, 2020
    I don't think the script is finished yet.

8. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Yeah, last we heard, Filoni was at work writing the scripts (possibly supervising other writers too?). They might be done by now, but I don't think there's been any indication from official sources that they are.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I am calling BS on this and twitter is trending for nothing

10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Based on my insider status of having watched an episode of the Mandalorian and also the Rebels finale, I can confirm that Ahsoka is looking for Grand Admiral Thrawn and, if she locates him, the Jedi Ezra Bridger ought to be in the same general vicinity.

Be sure to smash that Like button and subscribe!

juanw, Riv_Shiel, darkspine10 and 7 others like this.
  11. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Anybody on this forum could have written that description in about 30 seconds.

12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think could come up with better then something like the evil grand admiral Thrawn, i don't think Filoni would have impoved of that.

13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

Probaly the early casting for Ezra and Thrawn.

14. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
  15. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Volatile isn’t exactly a word I’d use to describe Thrawn.

16. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    There is that moment in Rebels where Thrawn loses his cool for a second with an Imperial officer. Perhaps Thrawn in Ahsoka will be more unhinged and more prone to violence.

17. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    I hope not. The point of Thrawn in the books is that he doesn't do that. It's what separates him from Vader. I was okay with the scene in Rebels because it had to do with someone disrespecting art (and I kind of like that being the one thing that gets under his skin haha) and because he quickly regained his composure.

Aah Fisto likes this.
  18. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    So you’re suggesting that a character defined for being cool, calm and collected for decades now will make his live action debut with an entirely different demeanour? I doubt that.

I’m more inclined to think that random Twitter account is posting BS.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
  19. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Well, "evil" Thrawn could be from Ahsoka and Sabine's perspective. It wouldn't be the first time a series would play with the audience's expectations of a character, and I'm not just talking about Star Wars. A character is described a certain way while in reality, the characterization is more nuanced. Everything will depend on Thrawn and Ezra's current relationship whenever they find them. But then again, if Thrawn is not the main villain, who could it be? Another Imperial remnant?

I still believe the series will be split in two parts: first part could be the search for Ezra with Sabine if they won't do it in animation, second part would be completely focused on Ahsoka's journey. Or they could do the reverse, first part would pick up where we left off in the Mandalorian and be more focused on Ahsoka's transformation into what she ends up being in the Rebels epilogue and second part would be the search for Ezra. Assuming the series would be around 8-12 episodes, either option works for me.

dogprivilege likes this.
  20. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I'm holding out hope that the Ahsoka series won't have anything to do with Thrawn or Ezra, but something entirely different that gives even more depth to her character post TCW. Ahsoka in the GCW era is a lot different than Ahsoka in TCW. She's more sage-like and mysterious. It would be great to learn what affect the events on Malachor had on her, and to finally have explained her relationship with the Daughter. Because that's been a dangling plot point since Rebels.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
  21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Well Thrawn because she mentions him.

22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    'Boka': 20-25 year old male. Middle Eastern, African, Pacific Islander, Black, Mixed Ethnicity, or Caribbean. Strong supporting role.
    [​IMG]

'Morai': 40 to 60-year-old male of any ethnicity. Volatile, complex, unreliable, shady. Strong supporting role.

[​IMG]

Be sure to smash that Like button and subscribe!

23. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Even after the Thrawn mention, I always hoped for an animated Rebels sequel. It doesn't make sense to me for the Rebels sequel to be in a series called Ahsoka when she wasn't even a main character. Yes, she promised to find him but I find it too reductive when Sabine is right there and she deserves to be front and center in the search for Ezra, just as much as Ahsoka. That's why I would be more ok with it if part of the series will deal with Ahsoka coming to terms with her past i.e. Anakin's ghost probably and then getting Sabine to search for Ezra. I would prefer it to be animated and let the show focus exclusively on Ahsoka's transformation into Ahsoka the White but if not, I'll deal with it

24. dogprivilege

dogprivilege Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015
    I also don't really like that Ahsoka's personal series would revolve around the search for Ezra, which is a story she seems more like a major supporting player in rather than the central figure. Who knows, though, I am open to the possibility that filoni has a version for how Ahsoka's personal journey can be explored while giving proper weight to Ezra and Sabine.

25. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Another thing is that I don’t think they’d cast someone of African heritage for Ezra, not when that character is very specifically a visually based middle easterner. I don’t think they’d cast that wide of a net for that character.