main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Ahsoka Official Ahsoka Series Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by DannyD, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think he's already been cast.

2. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    I'm not suggesting anything. Just playing with different theories in my head. Filoni could for example decide to surprise fans and change Thrawn's character a bit to play with our expectations. And mainstream audience, which is majority of viewers, doesn't know a thing about Thrawn, so they don't have any expectations whatsoever.

And there are things that could change Thrawn's demeanor in my view of the character. If for example the Chiss Ascendancy got destroyed, because Thrawn couldn't help them, cause he was stuck in the UR because of Rebels, that could make him pretty pissed against the Rebellion/New Republic.

3. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    But the thing is, if you’re bringing Thrawn into Live Action, you introduce him as the character that he is that people loved. You want the general audience to “get it” and have to translate what makes Thrawn a popular character into this new medium for the new audience. Otherwise it could be any other character.

And Filoni has outright said before that he often vetoes Legends characters being included into storytelling if they can’t be used in the original way, because he finds it rude to the original creators and fans of that character. I can’t see him going against Thrawn’s character in the most basic sense like that. Not when he spent all of Rebels emphasising how ultra calm the character is, even when his life is at stake.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  4. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

There is a reason why Legends characters don't pop up that much now compared to the TCW days when George just liked the design but nothing else...Otherwise their be a lot of very different characteristics of Legends characters around.

(Remember when Filoni was hated by Star Wars fans for overriding the EU...How things have changed)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2021
  5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    It's why i don't see Mara Jade being returned to canon as they would have to change mutch with her, and Talon Karde role could be taken over by Hondo. The ones i see coming back now are, during this era are Xizor, starkiller, and few others.

6. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    As for how the series could begin, I don't think Filoni would resist showcasing Ahsoka vs. Vader in live action with Hayden Christensen as Vader. It seems plausible to me since he likes to tie all eras together in his works. I could see this happening either in flashback or some kind of nightmare/meditation thing to show where she is at mentally at the beginning of the show. Then, Anakin's Force ghost could appear to her at some point in the story so they could mend their relationship. Maybe we'll finally hear what she wanted to tell Anakin during the Siege of Mandalore.

7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I could see a prologue to the event and explain what she does on malachor until help arrives. I also think Filoni will want to use Anakin force ghost and be important to Ahsoka's story as she still belives he died evil. And we can have this momment of her accepting his redemption and how it all went. I also think Kenobi cameo is not out possibility.

shaak fett likes this.
  8. shaak fett

shaak fett Jedi Padawan

Aug 8, 2020
    Hayden Christensen as Vader vs. Ahsoka?

Ahsoka meets with Luke and learns that Anakin has been redeemed?

Ahsoka meets Anakin's Force Ghost?

Oh, my God. If it does, I'm gonna die.

9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Since it's Filoni i'm sure he reach out too Debrah and borrow Hayden after Kenobi's done filming.

10. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Haha, what? I don't think Deborah Chow gets to keep Hayden Christensen after filming has wrapped.

11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Im sure Hayden would love to have some force ghost time. I don't think Kenobi will be his only star wars project.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  12. shaak fett

shaak fett Jedi Padawan

Aug 8, 2020
    If everything goes well with Kenobi.Why not?

13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think people forget we can have many returning characters in all these 10+ tv shows.

14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

Live action Lothal, anyone? Seems likley if that scene from rebels in live action.

15. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Didnt we already establish the Ahsoka logo is just a reuse from somewhere else? Or am I imagining things

edit: nope, not my imagination.

Last edited: May 15, 2021
  16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    It could also be related to lothal.

17. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    Just because they re-used the design from Jedi: Fallen Order doesn't mean the Ahsoka series won't deal with Lothal or the World Between Worlds. It's possible that they used the World Between Worlds as a generic fantasy background, but I think it's more likely that it will be part of the story. For one thing, it's a show about Ahsoka and she is one of the few characters who has been there. There's also some mystery surrounding Ahsoka that hint at something mystical e.g. Morai following her around and the mysterious robes and staff she had at the end of Rebels. There's also the question of why they felt the need to add a background for this show specifically. The logo looks cool enough on its own and both the logos of the Obi-Wan show and the Cassian show don't have backgrounds at all.

Last edited: May 15, 2021
  18. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I want to find out what Ahsoka was doing while Kenobi and Anakin's kids were fighting to save the galaxy from Anakin and his master. Why did she remain searching for Ezra when she was needed more to help Luke and Leia.

Jedi Knight Fett and MrDarth0 like this.
  19. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    And don't they like to? I'm not a fan of the cartoons but I have watched the first episodes of TBB and have name-checked at least a half dozen characters already.

20. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    I think Ahsoka was on some sort of “Odyssey” herself in the World Between Worlds, having to complete a journey/conflict that would keep her away from the “real world “ GCW.

shaak fett likes this.
  21. Reepicheep775

Jul 27, 2019
    I just re-watched the Ahsoka episode of The Mandalorian and it got me thinking about this show. I wonder how much the show will retain the samurai feel of that episode. It would be really cool if it became the space samurai show in a similar way to how the Mando is a space western. Of all the sub-genres that new Star Wars stuff could go into, that's the one that I want the most. :ahsoka:

Ahsoka's Tano and Riv_Shiel like this.
  22. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Considering her unique samurai-style getup in the Mando show, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of such a show. In 13 years we hadn't imagined what Ahsoka might look like wearing pants. Now we know.

[​IMG]

23. Reepicheep775

Jul 27, 2019
    I just noticed this now, but what is that wrapped around her belt? Is that her old padawan braid?

24. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    It's a good question. I'm not sure.

25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    It sure looks like it, she has two right?