main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Ahsoka Official Ahsoka Series Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by DannyD, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Curious what that looks like.

Although part of me thinks maybe they'll all be going to the spirit realm ala Mortis.

2. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I imagine there’ll be fans of the Sequel Trilogy who hate the idea of Ahsoka/Ezra/Jacen around at the time, but I figure if Filoni can get around Revenge of the Sith and the OT essentially saying all the Jedi were gone he’ll do the same for the new films as well. He’ll figure something out.

Shamear and Riv_Shiel like this.
  3. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

They can be around but much like what they are doing now they need really good reason to NOT BE around like they were in Return of the Jedi.

So i'm curious how Filoni does his thing on this one.

Cuz for ROTJ at least Ezra and Thrawn in the UR in weird space whale terriory

While Ashoka....Ashoka is doing who knows what on Malachor before post Endor world.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2021
  4. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Maybe they’re fighting the Yuuzhan Vong in another Galaxy. Peoples heads would explode over that.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  5. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

It would, buti kinda doubt that

No I still say the best way to go is say that they went to the Mortis spirit realm and fought some sorta force spirit battle while the war of the phyisical realm was happening.

Since I think Dave is gonna be complete George's Mortis ideas and the whole macrobiotic world thing

6. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Hey if the Vong were almost canon once, can happen again. I’m not gonna rule anything out.

And it’d be hilarious if only to see people try and reconcile NJOphobia with the mentality of embracing all things canon.

7. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

They can do what I can do and say that Disney Canon executes Legends concept better ;) :p[face_devil]

8. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Which is why I’ll be very curious to see your reaction Jid if Thrawn is outright an anti-hero in these shows. It’s completely the opposite of his story in Legends.

9. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Easy because it won't be Zahn being all overly protective of his character and probably have non anti-hero characters call him out on his you know what.

Basically as long as someone calls Thrawn out and we have a morally good character involved as the hero then that can work.

Which might be Ezra's role.

Much like how I want Filoni's pet character to be written by others I want Thrawn to also be written by others and try those things but not without those tin glinted eyes

10. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    I’m talking a full on anti-hero, fighting other villains here. Not the “I’m doing bad things for good reasons.” Magneto/Baron Zemo anti-villain role.

What if we flat out find Ezra and Thrawn and they’re fighting, the Grysk, or the Vong, or Palpatine’s Dark Empire or something. If they’ve just straight up made Thrawn a protagonist. How would you react then?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
  11. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Well i trust Filoni more then Zahn when handling this in terms of execution

12. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    But I get the sense you wouldn’t like it. And in that instance, the Legends version of Thrawn’s story would have been more up your alley.

13. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Well i just prefer Thrawn as a Villain then a ant-hero. But then again who knows i might be ok with it because it fits better with the canon and I just prefer the new canon overall and how it all melds together

so who knows

I hope i'm pleasantly pleased.

14. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    I'm curious as to how much the writers for Ahsoka will feel the need to explain who the titular character is, and how that exposition will be delivered.

Flashbacks most likely, possibly in addition to ones featuring Ahsoka in Obi-Wan Kenobi.

15. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Maybe? Good question.

Same honestly for Book of Boba Fett

They are both big names in terms of Star Wars but you wanna be able to give a new audience these characters especially Ashoka who has a big animated fanbase but not a live action.

16. VexedAtVohai

Jul 4, 2020
    It's called Return of the Jedi (and AotC and ESB). The only question unanswered for him is how he got out of the sarlacc.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  17. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I mean could say the same for Ashoka and say it's called the Clone Wars.

Like IDK, maybe we should consider that maybe audiences should do some homework since well...it's not hard to watch Clone Wars on Disney +

Same with watching ROTJ AOTC and ESB

18. VexedAtVohai

Jul 4, 2020
    Boba Fett is a very simple character in a trilogy of classic films. People know the helmet, if not the name. I don't know what there is to explain.

There is an enormous difference in the number of people who've seen ESB and those who've seen TCW. It's not a good comparison.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  19. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Yeah people who watch a Star Wars show are likely to have some kind of knowledge of either the films, or the Mandalorian. So they’ll have some basic understanding of who Boba Fett is.

With Ahsoka, I could see them introducing a new character joining Ahsoka and Sabine on their journey who exists as the audience surrogate that the characters can explain things to. Rogue and Logan in the first X-Men film comes to mind as an immediate example.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  20. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Yea I don’t think people will struggle to understand who Fett is. If they do they can just google it

Django Fett likes this.
  21. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    For all intents and purposes they've already explained (albeit briefly) who she was in the Mandolorian episode with her. If those people who are engaged only in live action SW venues needed the explanation, you'd have assumed that they'd at least seen her in that show. Other than that, I'm not sure what else needs such deep explaining. She's been an established canon character within the franchise for just about 13 years now. It's not like she came out of the blue.

22. Gavin_Skywalker

Gavin_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 10, 2021
    When Hera and Ezra reunite, she might apologize to him by saying that the y-wings he brought from Yarma helped the Rebels during the battle of Scarif/Yavin.

23. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Will Ahsoka's arc be not only a spiritual journey but the completion of that journey to where she becomes something more powerful and enlightened than any Jedi has become, including Yoda?

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I am gonna let the show take me where it wants

25. Gavin_Skywalker

Gavin_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 10, 2021
    Ezra will not turn to the dark side because Kanan’s force ghost is still around him.