main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Ahsoka Official Ahsoka Series Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by DannyD, Dec 10, 2020.

1. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019

That post was intended for another forum. But lots of exciting news today for SW fans.

KK is a good leader for LFL. She's not one of the those stubborn types who never change their mind.

Last edited: May 17, 2022
  2. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Definitely have to give credit when due.

[​IMG]

3. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    If you think the photos are great (I agree), check out the video of the photo shoot! its incredible!

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    On the vanity fair stream they confirmed that the plot of ahsoka will be her going after thrawn.

5. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    That could be the overall plot; but like The Mandalorian it could easily be sidetracked for an episode to pick up on something to related to
    AHSOKA ;)

6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Her going on a quest to find Thrawn is related to her. ;)

7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I meant her background.

8. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Filoni confirmed the plot of the show is Ahsoka hunting Thrawn. Individual interviews with Favreau and Filoni will appear on Vanity Fair.

9. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I wasn't debating about the overall plot of the show. I was suggesting that they could spare an episode (maybe even a half an episode) to delve into something actually related to Ahsoka.

Bottom line is that Filoni has also suggested that fans of Ahsoka will be satisfied with the series. Merely chasing Thrawn as Public Enemy #1 won't cut it; if you want my opinon. I have faith there's far more to it than that.

Last edited: May 18, 2022
  10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Im sure we will get that in first episode.

11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    If that's the case, it's fine. I mean for all intents and purposes, the argument has been that the "casual" SW fans don't really know who Ahsoka is. If they're only interested in the LA films and TV shows, they've only caught a brief glimpse of her in Mando and BOBF.

"Oh ok, so this alien Jedi who looks like Shaak Ti can use two lightsabers, knows Bo-Katan, and somehow knew Anakin Skywalker"

That's just about the lump sum of what you'd get from her history in LA to date. If the first episode can feature flashbacks - especially including a younger version of her talking with Hayden and Ewan - that will make my day. That would certainly lead the series in the right direction.

12. Christopher Blair

Christopher Blair Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2015
    I will say Disney and lucasfilm did do some cross-promotion with the animated shows, I remember when she first appeared in Mandalorian season 2 they recommended below the epiosode a whole bunch of episodes of The Clone Wars in the app, that really highlighted her. my wife who has never heard of ashoka watched all of them and enjoyed those episodes. So that was a very smart marketing strategy on Disney's part.

13. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Unless you've at least seen the original TCW movie, the recommended episodes of the series couldn't give you the full details on where she came from.

14. Christopher Blair

Christopher Blair Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2015
    It was enough for my wife to get a good idea of who she was and then of course she watched her in Rebels too

15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    But that doesn't speak for everyone. And Disney's please watch these marketing efforts for Ahsoka won't cater to everyone. Like it or not, some people just don't care for the animated shows.

Bottom line, I will be disappointed if her character isn't tied at some point with Hayden and Ewan. It absolutely wouldn't make sense now if they aren't.

16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    It would be lovely if they open the show with a live action timeline recap of some major moments from the animated shows. Possibly framed as Ahsoka remembering moments from the past that pertain to where she is heading in the new series. Good opportunity to have live action Ashley in Ahsoka's younger clips.

17. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Maybe a CGI younger version of Ahsoka with Ashley's voice; similar to what's been done with Luke in the latest shows.

18. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    That could definitely work. The technology is there. And, as you said, the "need" is also there to inform people unfamiliar with her history.

19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think they might do clone wars backstory with Ahsoka and Rebels backstory with Sabine, the two leads of the show.

20. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I believe a few flashbacks to show who were the people most important for Ahsoka's journey would be necessary to show the new audience who Ahsoka used to be and how she got where she is in the present but I don't want flashbacks to take as much place as they did for TBOBF, even though I liked his time with Tuskens.

21. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Sabine especially would need some sort of a "background check"; I'm sure D+ would give her the same "watch these episodes" of Rebels treatment that they gave Ahsoka with TCW.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  22. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    I've got it! What if they put her in a bacta tank to deal with some injury she's received? That way they can do flashbacks.

23. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
  24. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Or bacta tank baths let her access the World Between Worlds where she jumps forward in time.

Bacta the Future.

25. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    And then Bacta the Future 2: Bantha the Future