main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ahsoka's hair

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by darkchrono, Nov 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    At first I thought that stuff on top of Ahsoka's head was some kind of hat she was wearing. But then when I look closely at the picture of her on this site it is indeed her hair. They sure chose to give her some wacked out hair. Is Ahsoka supposed to be a human or is she some sort of other species?

2. SuperSaiyaMan12

SuperSaiyaMan12 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Ahsoka's a Torguta, not a human. That stuff on her head are Lekku, like what Twi'leks have.

3. PlagueisesApprentice

PlagueisesApprentice Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2008
    Ahsoka is a togruta, same as shaak ti.

4. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Lol, I begin realizing how much I don't know about the Star Wars universe when I don't know what a Torgutta is, nor what a Lekku is, nor what Twi'leks are.

5. Glymphid_Warlord

Glymphid_Warlord Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 10, 2008
    Not "Torgutta," Togruta.

6. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    mini shaak ti

7. DarthNidLoc

DarthNidLoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2005
    The Bumps on the top of her head or Montrals, which are hollow and are used to sense proximity and movement at a far greater level then humans can.Ashoka is young so those bumps on the top of her head while grow bigger if she survives adolescene. The lower ones are head tails like Lekku and she may grow another one out the back of her head as she gets older according to Wookiepedia.
    [image=http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/8/8b/Ahsoka_full.jpg]

here is an older example of a female torguta Shaak Ti

[image=http://www.timelineuniverse.com/images/ShaakTiLives.jpg]

8. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Leave now, while your soul hasn't been corrupted!

...Or spend the rest of eternity on these forums discussing why Togrutas (Torgutae?) don't like their head-tails to be confused with lekku. :(

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Togruta is the species Shaak Ti and Ahsoka belong to, as pictured in the above post.

Lekku are essentially headtails- like what Bib Fortuna, Aayla Secura and various other Twi'leks and similar species have. Their function include a form of communication/sign language to memory storage/retention.

Twi'leks are the species that include the aforementioned Jedi Aayla Secura, Bob Fortuna, Oola (Jabba's dancer/Rancor food), among others. They come in a lot of different colors. You'll see a lot of them in the series later on.

[image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/f/f9/Aayla.jpg/450px-Aayla.jpg] [image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/e/eb/Bib_Fortuna.jpg]

10. MvG-88

MvG-88 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2008
    Maybe going a bit of subject here. Are all "head tentacles" referred to as "Lekkus" or is it just the Twi'Lek ones? For example Nautonalns and Togrutas?

11. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I distinctly remember a sourcebook (Insider magazine, maybe?) saying something about Togruta headtails not being lekku, since "lekku" is a Twi'leck word. I noticed the recent authors don't seem to care about that point, however.

12. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Could just be that, since Twi'leks seem to be about the second or third most prosperous species in terms of population, that people just know the Twi'lek term and just use it as a popular phrase for non-Twi'lek headtails.

13. starwarschick100

starwarschick100 Jedi Youngling

Feb 20, 2009
    people dont u know how to look stuff up it is a leuku she is a torugga !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and anakin is hot >random

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.