main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Airwaves, Streams, Fibers & Cords: General TV Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Nov 10, 2012.

1. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I'll be spending much of today in HBOMaxland, thank you

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Gonna see if I can access it through my Tivo's HBO Go so I can watch stuff in surround sound (ancient receiver, no HDMI so I gotta feed the optical out from my TV). Otherwise I'll have to settle for stereo and use the PS4 like I do for D+.

Probably won't deep dive into the content for another week or two, though- still have one more week left of Criterion Channel so I want to bang out a couple more films off that before I cancel (not everyting on CC is on HBOM, apparently, but some are so those can wait).

EDIT- Apparently WB pulled some kind of (likely very expensive) strings and all of the Harry Potter films are on the service at launch today.

Last edited: May 27, 2020
  3. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
  4. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Last edited: May 28, 2020
    BigAl6ft6, solojones and Ramza like this.
  5. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    A really dumb oversight but I've seen and excused dumber. Out of touch executives continue to make bad calls about this ****, news at 11.

On the bright side:

6. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Didn't realize that HBO Max isn't on Roku yet. So I got a Chromecast for my upstairs TV (my living room one has a Chromecast in the receiver).

Then today I saw they are in talks with Roku and the app will probably be out soon [face_plain]

Oh well, I guess it's nice to have the Chromecast just in case I need one.

heels1785 likes this.
  7. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Victory! [face_dancing][face_party][face_peace]

Last edited: May 29, 2020
    heels1785 and The2ndQuest like this.
  8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Gal Godot-starring series about Hedy Lemarr is moving from Showtime to Apple. I wasn't aware of that actress, or her role in communications technology. Sounds interesting.

Cobra Kai Season 3 is being shopped to another streamer. YouTube was going to premiere it but informed Sony they would not be contuning for a fourth season, so Sony asked to have the show released by Google so that they could shop it around to a venue where it could potentially continue. So, the deal would be for exclusive rights to Season 3, options for future seasons and non-exclusive rights to the first two seasons. Currently, Netflix and Hulu are the top contenders.

Good news. I haven't gotten around to watching anything beyond the first episode when it screened in theaters, but was looking forward to making the time for it. Having it on the other platforms would just give me better viewing/presentation quality options through my home theater system than with YT.

9. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    For those who have seen it, is Extraction any good? Might be watching that tonight with the parents.

11. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    discovered that hbo max is the new home for the brilliant cnn/hanks documentaries (used to be on netflix, left in february) - the 60s/70s/80s/90s/2000s and my favorite, "the movies."

one of my favorite streaming services thusfar, and if it ever absorbs the film/tv content of the dc universe service, it'll be even better. dcu could still be a standalone service if they bulk their digital comics content, a la marvel unlimited.

12. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    For those who have the WWE Network (or refuse to give WWE money for the Network), WWE launched it's free tier yesterday.

heels1785 likes this.
  13. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I am very excited for this. Love me some Matthew Rhys.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
  14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Shows how far out of the loop I've been; I didn't even realize they were remaking Perry Mason until I saw the trailer drop yesterday.

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I hadn't heard about this one, either. I could have sworn there was talk only a few months ago about a film version in development starring RDJ.

16. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Criterion Channel freebies!

The2ndQuest likes this.
  17. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I only know basically because of Rhys.

18. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    What's going to happen to cop shows? Admittedly, the only "cop show" I watch is Brooklyn 99. But I really like it!

19. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Maybe it's possible to comment on what is going on in the US? Either that or ignore it completely, but I don't think it would be as satisfying.

20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    B99 is basically a fantasy comedy but they do put in a few "very special episodes" once a season. All the other cop shows I am not particularly a fan of anyway.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    B99 is more of a workplace comedy that just happens to feature cop work. I'm sure the subject will be brought up there and in other places to one degree or another, but your typical procedural probably isn't going to delve into the subject much.

BigAl6ft6 and Juliet316 like this.
  22. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I bought all the past seasons of B99 on iTunes and still haven't had a chance to watch them, but the consensus seems to be very positive, I can't wait to watch it.

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    B99 is fantastic. Pilot isn't that great but it's all up hill from there.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
    Princess_Tina likes this.
  24. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    @B99 is also fantastic. I don't know if he's named after the show.

B99 likes this.
  25. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Small nitpicks aside, the show is definitely worth your time when you have a chance. I wouldn't say DROP EVERYTHING RIGHT NOW, but at your leisure for sure. I enjoyed Season 1 more than Season 2 overall.

My SPOILER reviews for those who have watched it.
    Season 1: https://3tnewsreviews.blogspot.com/2019/04/cobra-kai-season-1-2018-review.html
    Season 2: https://3tnewsreviews.blogspot.com/2019/04/cobra-kai-season-2-2019-review_30.html

BigAl6ft6 and The2ndQuest like this.