main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Airwaves, Streams, Fibers & Cords: General TV Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Nov 10, 2012.

1. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I mean, it was Netflix's #1 show, over its new shows. That should tell you how popular The Office is.

2. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I wish Peacock would make their app available on Samsung TVs or Fire Stick.

3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Disney Plus Star Canada ad, slightly different from the 2 I've seen so far on the CTV Superbowl broadcast which included Alien, 24 and X-Files (which is key, also they need to put out a ad that has Borat and Futurama!)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
  4. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012

Mormont as Ellie! She did ticked off really well so I'm down. I'm about 9 hrs into Last of Us 2 so hopefully I'll have it done by the time the adapt it in 2025

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    For UK folks - the first season of The Terror is coming to BBC2. It was originally shown in 2018 on the AMC channel (part of BT's TV package). The first two episodes are on Wed March 3 from 9-1030 PM. Looking forward to it as I enjoyed the book it was based on.

6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    It's been almost a year since I got my Roku. I still haven't hooked it up. :(

7. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Apple's 'Masters of the Air' Casts Lead Roles | Hollywood Reporter

I've seen both Austin Butler and Callum Turner in a few things and they've given good performances, though I think this will be a step up for both of them. Band of Brothers and The Pacific were of unusually high quality so I'm expecting a lot from this.

@Sarge have you read the book this is based on?

The2ndQuest likes this.
  8. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    First I've heard of it. I've read other books about the Mighty 8th over Europe, but not that one.

soitscometothis likes this.
  9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I had forgotten they were finishing the "trilogy" over at Apple. Glad it's still progressing.

soitscometothis likes this.
  10. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    not a lot of discussion out there about paramount plus, which officially took the spot of "cbs all access" yesterday, at launch. i've really only used cbs all-access for champions league football, so i guess i'll be moving on to this.

a few tiers - ad-supported is $5.99, similar to peacock, but does include local cbs stations, atm. will drop to $4.99 in a few months, but will remove the local station functionality, because who the hell knows why. ad-free tier is $9.99, also comes with 4K support and mobile downloads.

looks like a free month trial available with promo code MOUNTAIN.

11. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Importantly, note that NWSL games are broadcast on Paramount+ now. I had CBS All Access already so this isn't a big change for me, especially since I already have the top tier.

As for Masters of the Air, I'm well pleased it's been cast with a bunch of people I've never heard of. This is the way.

12. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I'm likely to sign up for Discovery+ than either Paramount+. I did a free 7 day subscription of CBS All Access last summer and it wasn't something I was willing to pay for.

I'm subscribed to Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime, ESPN+, HBO Max, Disney+, Tubi and Apple+, I'm trying to get the most out of my money and try watching original/exclusive content to those streaming services. I've been pleasantly surprised with the content I've discovered.

13. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    For me, being able to watch all of Ink Master is enough reason to keep Paramount +

14. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    A new adaptation of Len Deighton's The Ipcress File has started filming. Joe Cole is playing Harry Palmer (they've taken that from the films - in the books the protagonist is nameless), Lucy Boynton is presumably playing Jean Courtney, and Tom Hollander must be playing Dalby or Ross. I love the film version, but this will be based more on the book. Could be good, could be dull. We'll see.
    Altitude/ITV' Spy Drama 'The Ipcress File' Starts Filming in Europe - Variety

15. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Netflix dipping it's toe into password sharing blocking. "You must live in the same house as the account owner."

What if two separate households legitimately split payment on a single account? That's how I roll with D+. Although I can see if a single account logs in across like several spots across the globe all at the same time that could be problematic.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
  16. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I split an account with my parents now. I would still have my own account if Netflix hadn't raised its prices ungodly high for 4k, something every other company includes for free.

17. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    you'd figure once other streamers get more popular they'd start charging for 4k but something like that seems difficult to pull the trigger on since D+ launched with it. Netflix's base subscription only gives you 480p. But right now it seems they're the only ones who charge for streaming quality, which is odd because HD is now the standard.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
    solojones likes this.
  18. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    It's absolutely asinine to pay for HD

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  19. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  20. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I couldn’t believe Cartoon Network cancelled that but let Squidbillies go on for a thousand years. It’s a great in-between of Sealab 2021 and Archer.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
  21. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Squidbillies is cheap. There, I have just explained 80% of Adult Swim programming decisions. :p

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
  22. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Anyone enjoying HBO Max?

23. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I subscribed and I'm watching 2001. I knew this would look great on my tv, And so is Blade Runner 2049 when I get to that.

24. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I binged the first season of Netflix's Mortgage of Marriage. The format and the two featured personalities/hosts remind me of HGTV's Love it or List it.

25. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Booooooo! NBC just canceled World of Dance. Daaaammmmmmiiiiit!

I love dance battles. How am I gonna get them now!!??

BigAl6ft6 likes this.