main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Airwaves, Streams, Fibers & Cords: General TV Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Nov 10, 2012.

1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I doubt the accuracy of that rumor, since that would mean that AT&T would have been willing to sell WarnerMedia to Comcast. Creating a spinoff with Discovery good... selling everything under WarnerMedia to Comcast, not good.

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    More Adult Swim-related news, as four shows are getting animated spin-off shorts series, digitally: The Vindicators (from Rick & Morty), Alabama Jackson (from Robot Chicken), Aquadonk Side Pieces (from Aqua Teen Hunger Force) and Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell: The Animated Series (which is the actual Season 5 continuation of YPFIGTH).

Descriptions:

The Vindicators: Answer the Vindibeacon and join your old pals Supernova, Vance Maxiumus, Alan Rails, Crocubot and Noob Noob as they fight crime, avert genocides, and yuk it up without Rick and Morty. The Vindicators is executive produced by Erica Rosbe, Sarah Carbiener, Dan Harmon and Justin Roiland.

“We are thrilled to work in the Rick and Morty universe again, and these shorts are an incredible opportunity to explore what happens in the aftermath of the Vindicators saving (or destroying) worlds,” said EPs Carbiener and Rosbe, both producers on Homecoming and You’re the Worst and story editors on Rick and Morty. “We’re so excited to show how this team of superheroes is plenty dysfunctional whether Rick’s around to have half of them murdered or not.”

Alabama Jackson: Donald Faison is Alabama Jackson, a smooth-talking time traveler who lands in exactly the wrong place at the wrong time, every time. If he can survive the past long enough to get back to the present, he just might find something he wasn’t looking for — himself. Alabama Jackson is a hilarious action-packed stop-motion animated series created by Faison and produced by Stoopid Buddy Stoodios.

“It’s been my dream to create something with stop-motion animation ever since Seth Green showed me clips of this crazy sketch show he was working on where the stars were the toys I grew up playing with,” said Faison (Robot Chicken, Blark and Son). “For it to come full circle and for my show to be made with this same team of artists only makes me more excited to explore the stories of Alabama Jackson!”

Aquadonk Side Pieces: The long-awaited continuation of the beloved Adult Swim animated series Aqua Teen Hunger Force, where fans will be bestowed with the gift of learning what happens in the later lives of various side characters and villains such as The Mooninites, The Plutonians, MC Pee Pants, The Frat Aliens, Happy Time Harry, Handbanana and The Cybernetic Ghost of Christmas Past. Aquadonk Side Pieces was created by original series creators Matt Maiellaro and Dave Willis. The new series will premiere later this year.

Your Pretty Face Is Going to Hell: The Animated Series:
    Hell is eternal, and so is the beloved Emmy-nominated cult show Your Pretty Face Is Going to Hell as it returns for a fifth season, this time in animated internet shorts. Cruel boss Satan (Matt Servitto), bumbling demon Gary (Henry Zebrowski), and all your other favorites return in America’s beloved workplace comedy set in hell. Expect more laughs, more gore, and maybe a talking animal. Seems like it’s a cartoon they should add a talking animal. Maybe a fish? A Williams Street production, the show is created by Casper Kelly and Dave Willis.

“We are thrilled to expand the Pretty Face universe into animation, especially since it will be animators sweating over their Cintiqs (alt. drawing tablets?) rather than us sweating in a humid Georgia August swamp battling mosquitoes while covered in red make-up,” said the Your Pretty Face creators Willis and Kelly. “We just hope the bosses will let us release the 10-hour Snyder cut of Your Pretty Face Is Going to Hell: The Animated Series.”

Last edited: May 19, 2021
  3. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    From what I can gather, AT&T wants to get out of the publicly known huge amount of debt, which is about $170 billion, as their investors are not happy with that news and AT&T wants to get out of the Hollywood and streaming game and return their focus to telecommunications. So, they really don't care who they'll be selling their remaining 71% shares of WarnerMedia to.

The deals that loaded AT&T with debt.

4. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    @Rylo Ken
    Apple have announced that they've cast Rebecca Ferguson as the lead in Hugh Howey's Wool trilogy!
    Rebecca Ferguson to Star in ‘Wool’ TV Adaptation for Apple – The Hollywood Reporter
    I thought the book trilogy was very good, and though I wince at the thought of possible changes they might make to make it more 'accessible', Rebecca Fergusson makes everything better imo, so that's a win right there.

And just when I was thinking that Apple TV desperately needed more interesting shows on the horizon.

darthcaedus1138 and Rylo Ken like this.
  5. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    It's a bleak dystopian nightmare scenario that the whole family can enjoy.

Last edited: May 21, 2021
    soitscometothis likes this.
  6. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    As I'm of Filipino heritage, I'm so looking for to an upcoming anime series on Netflix called Trese, which is based on a comic by the same name. The story is set in Manila, Philippines using Filipino folk lore and myths which brings a cultural awareness. It's also voiced by Filipino actors.

The trailers is NSFW due to it's bloody and gory graphic violence.

7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Netflix will be holding Geeked Week event in June. Their five-day counter to D23 and DC Fandome. It'll stream June 7th-11th, which would overlap with the E3 press week and the June 10th kick-off event for Summer Game Fest, so that may undercut their efforts some through split media coverage (though not as much as going up against E3 proper, so maybe it is a good move?).

8. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  9. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Given how long those deals take to go through once they're settled I'd imagine there would be No Time to Renegotiate Distribution.

10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, from what I've read it wouldn't affect any 2021 releases. I'd be surprised if EON allowed Amazon to bypass theaters even with a simultaneous streaming release.

11. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Buying MGM will give Amazon 50% of the Bond rights; the other 50% remains with Danjaq (Barbara Broccoli and Michael Wilson). It's already been stated that a deal / sale will not change the NTTD theatrical distribution plans.

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Modern fan render of the seaQuest:

Lighting could be bluer/brighter to better evoke the look of the series, but it has a nice realistic flair to it.

Juliet316 likes this.
  13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    HBO Max Ad-Supported Tier Launches Today.

$9.99/m w/up to 4 minutes of ads per hour and w/ frequency caps to reduce the number of repeated ads (and no ads played during HBO-made content). It does not include offline viewing, 2021 day-and-date theatrical releases and is capped at 1080p. They've also added annual subscription discounted pricing for both ad-supported and ad-free tiers of $99.99 & $149.99, respectively.

EDIT- This looks fun (WARNING: LANGUAGE):

EDIT 2- And Paramount chases HBOM's ad-tier with it's own: Paramount+Essential will be $4.99/m. Ads, no 4K or downloads, no local CBS channels but will include live sports broadcast by CBS. This replaces/eliminates the CBS All Access w/ads tier and is $1/m cheaper (as the CBSAA ad tier still included CBS channels). Existing subscribers to that CBSAA plan can keep that service plan until they cancel.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
  14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  15. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Starting next month, Disney+ is switching all new show releases to drop on Wednesday instead of Friday. Any original movies will continue to release on Friday.

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    With exception to original movies, which will remain Friday drops. So the Wed change will be for original series only.

17. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
  18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Damn, that looks great.

19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Comcast & ViacomCBS in talks to merge their overseas streaming business.

They can't merge fully, due to domestic broadcast network merger restrictions. But the idea being that Comcast would piggyback onto Paramount+'s international rollout since Peacock doesn't have international operations yet.

Also, CNN will be launching a paid streaming service as well- with a unique news broadcast for half the day (in addition to their documentary and other archive content) so that they can bypass CNN's current restriction to cable services (though current paid subscribers will be able to access the cable stream). Essentially a way of providing access to their content for cord-cutters.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
  20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
  21. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    It’s actually just Star in the integrated version, or at least so say the legends carried by the brave travelers that dare to cross the perilous no-man’s land separating Poland and the Czech Republic from the rest of Central Europe, where all telecommunications cease to travel and nightmare realms of basic currency exchange hold sway.

The2ndQuest likes this.
  22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    What I meant by my phrasing is that the stand-alone service known as Star+ is the integrated feature D+ has overseas, which, as you clarify, is called just Star in that integrated form.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
  23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Oh, hey, nothing is impossible now: Waterworld Sequel TV Series in Development.

:eek: I mean, [face_dunno]sure? Definitely was not on my list of things I'd expect.

Now, it is somewhat interesting that they see this to be feasible because it will be able to use modern tech (presumably such as Stagecraft) to avoid the ocean shoots that caused the original film's costs to so famously skyrocket. So they actually could probably pull this off on a reasonable cost (the Mando episode on the ocean was pretty effective, for instance- albeit that is a more limited example).

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  24. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I know we’re kind of just in “throw every license at the wall and see what sticks” mode but… does anybody have like this deep, abiding nostalgia for Waterworld (and not the stunt show!) they’re seemingly banking on? Does every middling quality commercial disaster count as nostalgic now? Where’s my Heaven’s Gate TV series? No not the… look, the cult might be interesting material for a TV show, not the cult.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
  25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I honestly think the stunt show is 75% of the reason this is happening.

20% Mando’s Stagecraft and 5% video sales success over the decades.