main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Prairie ALBERTA FORCE FANATICS??? ANYONE? HELLO............

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by cwbrune, Dec 5, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cwbrune

cwbrune Jedi Youngling

Dec 5, 2000
    Anyone in Alberta still collecting? I am an Edmontonian, and no, I don't own a cow or a farm, but I have been on a farm and have eaten steak!
    Anyway... Judging by how quickly SW items fly off the shelves here, I know there are a lot of collectors, so if you live in Edmonton, or anywhere in Alberta, reveal yourself!
    Being a truck driver I have had the joy of traveling throughout Canada and all of the US (except for Alaska and obviously Hawaii... Trucks can't float very well!), and for a while lived in Toronto (Mississauga and Brampton) and Winnipeg, and I have to say, I love living in the West... No offense to anyone... But, as for collecting... YIKES! Comics stores and maybe one or two odd little stores carry the new POTJ fig's, but for a high price. Just like anywhere else in Canada. I used to visit any Wal-Mart and TRU store while I was gallivanting through Canada, and the selections were almost identical... Very frustrating especially when your trying to get TO the actual store with a 53' trailer behind me!
    While in the US, I checked out Wal-Mart's, Target's, KB Toy's, and on and on and on, and sometimes managed to get a couple of great items, but as we all know, our dollar is anything but great, so I was limited.
    Well, enough of my boring tale... Just wondering if there is anyone from Alberta reading this.
    About four years ago, I was going to start up an Alberta SW fan club called "Com-Link Canuck", but I never had the time or $$$ to get it off the ground, and it seemed that a lot of fans in the West like to stay concealed... I hope this changes, so our voice can be heard. Even on the West coast of the US, they are slow in getting their merchandise as well. It just seems that the East coast gets a better pick. I know, because that where I found all of my goods finds. Especially in NY city.
    Hasbro Canada needs to wake up and smell the cow poop! If they would just listen to the collectors here in Canada, they would know that we want the new items (too bad we don't get to pick and choose!), and there is a market here.
    okay... I'm done ranting!
    Happy "affordable" collecting ya'll!
    P.S. If you live in Edmonton or anywhere in Alberta, feel free to give me a shout at cwbrune@home.com

2. Farmer

Farmer Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2001
    Hey Man,

I too am a Star Wars nut who lives in Edmonton. Trying to get Star Wars POTJ is very hard. TOYRUS had them in but they raised their prices to just over twelve bucks. Go on Wednesdays and Thursdays to any Wal MArt and you'll be able to get some good ones there, and for only $10. I just got Bespin Leia and Porkins. THe leia is pretty nice. I am playing the ccg very rarely because my friends don't seem to like playing it anymore just like collecting. I love the new cards. Anyways better fly!

Farmer

3. jainachosen1

jainachosen1 Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2001
    I'm from North Alberta... and I wait and buy all my merchandise when it's on supersale... like I bought a Qui-Gon piggy bank thingy for $10, a comlink/chip reader for $1.85, and action figures for less than $3! I just looooove supersales!

4. joda_fett33

joda_fett33 Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2001
    Hey there fellow collecters i live in edmonton and have every potj figure. How i got them was i got my mom to drive me to every TRU and wal-mart and just scooped up every figure i didnt have. You can also buy them now for only $8.44 at wal-mart. All you have to do is just really look around and have the time. Oh and any body want a darth vader "empores wrath"figure cause i got one for sale and a darth maul sith trainer to. Oh and does any body have a shmi skywalker for sale cause my box was bent in the top corner when i got so i would love to exchange figures and money or i would just buy it. Thanks and keep on collecting.

p.s. You guys got to play star wars ccg its great this sunday at a store called wizards comics on white ave is having a turney as they do every 2nd sunday so come on out and play. 60CARD DECKS FOR BOTH SIDES AND YOU CUNSTRUCT THEM.

5. joda_fett33

joda_fett33 Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2001
    Hey its me again if any body has any vintage figures or just wants to sell star wars stuff e-mail me at brentmandel@yahoo.com thanks

6. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Hey all,

Im just outside Edmonton and im a big fan and collector. Im not to much into the new stuff though. You all collect POTj but i stay away from it. 1977 figures are where its at. And i got all my ep.1 figures for $1 when they where on sale. I left with a shopping cart full. There good to put on the wall

7. DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    You at steak!!! [face_shocked]

;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.