main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Alexsandr "Hot" Kallus

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Trebor Sabreon, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Cynda

Cynda Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2014
    No, it's not known for certain and I definitely don't want David Oyelowo's character to die, but it seems many people are seeing that it is a done deal; Tumblr is already in mourning.

Thrawn hasn't been a factor for me personally in determining that Agent Kallus's number is up; he is a brand new character in my book so I don't really much care in that regard and as long as he has a grand victory at the season finale he won't look incompetent in my eyes. And, in my opinion, I don't think death versus escape makes much difference to Thrawn, the Grand Admiral seems to be all about knowledge and as long as he reveals the identity of the spy, wether they escape to the Rebellion or perish, Thrawn will now know for certain what the Rebellion knows and doesn't know.

I think it's more since An Inside Man, the walls keep closing in on Kallus and he doesn't strike me as someone who would sneak off into the night. I can think of a few places his character could go after an escape, but with so many other story lines happening on the show I have a sinking suspicion he'll just die. That and Kallus is not in a place where he has a whole lot of friends right now. Sad day for him, that's what he's really wanted and even as a spy it's hard to get!

Vialco likes this.
  2. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I hope Kallus makes it out. But not easy. It has to be a violent and nearly deadly escape for him.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I would like to see where they could take his character

4. Cynda

Cynda Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2014
    See, it's things like this that make his loss hurt more.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

From The Trials of the Darksaber Episode Guide

Vialco and cwustudent like this.
  5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I will miss him if he dies. But how do you guys think he will die?

6. Cynda

Cynda Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2014
    Jedi Knight Fett My theory, based on hunches and images from the mid season trailer:

Kallus finally calls the Rebels team in to get him. Kanan, Rex, and Ezra in disguise arrive on Lothal, but Thrawn knows a rescue attempt is underway for the spy and subtly makes Kallus's escape more difficult. Finally, when it looks like Kallus will escape by the skin of his teeth, his sense of honor won't let him take leave in such a cowardly fashion without taking Thrawn out, so he attempts to assassinate Thrawn, but fails.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I could see him also escaping to Atallon then dying in its defense.

8. Cynda

Cynda Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2014
    Sure and the questions of what would the Rebels do in such a situation where they have Kallus are quite interesting. In the spirit of justice put him in the brig? or In the spirit of beggars can't be choosers and Kallus is handy to have in a fight, i.e. tolerating Saw, give him a blaster?

But it seems to me, in the atmosphere of "Does Thrawn know who is the spy?", that everything about Kallus is converging on the episode "Through Imperial Eyes".

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I do also beileve it will all end one way or another in through imperial eyes and it's one of the episodes I am most looking forward to.

10. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Oh I agree completely. That episode is going to be the one where Kallus' story will come to either its climax or possibly its conclusion. We've seen in the franchise that spies and defectors are not long for the world in the GFFA.

In regards to progression, we know that Thrawn knows about Fulcrum and I think he likely suspects Kallus. I think in true Thrawn fashion, that he's playing the long game and will use Kallus' apparent defection and escape to locate the base on Atallon. Merely another move in the game to eliminate the rebellion. Whether he dies in an attempt to destroy Thrawn's flagship or goes on to help the rebels with his knowledge of Imperial structure and strategy, I'm frankly fine with either.

As to the question of keeping him confined or allowing him to help fight, my gut says it won't be as clear cut as Saw. Saw's obvious end goal was fighting the Empire, but Kallus may not be so clear cut. However, it's likely that given his actions through this season that sentiments among the Ghost crew towards Kallus has changed and that among Zeb, Sabine, and Ezra that they're more willing to give him a chance.

Cynda likes this.
  11. Kaitan ISB021

Kaitan ISB021 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2017
    Does anyone think that Kallus might survive for the simple reason that they now have room on the Ghost for Spectre7? A girl can hope, right?

12. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    No-one should have to be deprived of his glorious mutton chops.

13. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I predict that Kallus will survive in this episode and this will be the episode when he defect to the rebellion.

14. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    Difficult to say what will happen with Kallus. I really like how they've given no hint at all how this might end. Really makes me look forward to the episode.

Personally I feel Kallus has done too many bad things in the past, he might find redemption but I find it hard to believe he will survive. If he would survive he could be strong enough as a character to find a place within the Ghost crew. Lots of potential there.

What if Thrawn has slowly been "leaking" information that the net is closing in around Kallus? He's forcing the hand of the rebels by making them act now. This could be the point he's turning Kallus from an obstacle into an "asset."

One thing I'm curious about if there will be some interaction between Kallus and the rebels. We know he gets along with Zeb and (surprisingly) Chopper, Kanan tried to stay mostly neutral but Ezra pretty much hated him.

Padme501st likes this.
  15. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I guess he'll die next episode and a new "Fulcrum" will appear in the season finale (probably a character from Rogue One)

16. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    Well there is a guy in the midseason trailer on board the Ghost alongside Mon Mothma that looks like Cassian Andor who is also a Fulcrum Agent.

17. Kaitan ISB021

Feb 1, 2017
    That calm turning on of the sink with the alarms going off, and his face in the glass, made me really uncomfortable. Very effective sneak peek!

I concur that Thrawn is closing the net, and I think Thrawn is forcing their hand in some way (given the episode description: there will be some sort of rescue attempt)--but maybe also forcing Kallus's. The midseason trailer showed, very briefly, a young person in Imperial gear being held up by stormtroopers, from the perspective shot over Kallus's shoulder. Maybe the rebel spy they have to save (according to the episode description) is Zare Leonis, and Kallus will be forced to reveal himself as a spy if he doesn't take Zare out? That's one prediction in our house. Don't have ANY idea what that means for Kallus.

#saveKallus #spectre7forever

cwustudent and JH24 like this.
  18. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017

Yeah, the preview with the alarms going off was very well done. Very unsettling. I really liked that change in perspective. It's quite a different feeling from seeing this through the eyes of an Imperial instead of the protagonists.

The preview actually reminded me of an old Amiga game from the early 90's. Exact same camera perspective, even the footsteps sound the same.

You know, I hadn't thought about that. I was so sure it would be about Kallus that I never considered they might not even be there for him. But in any case Kallus likely would get involved in some way. I haven't watched the mid-season trailer, I'm trying to avoid it because it only would make the wait harder for personally.

19. Kaitan ISB021

Feb 1, 2017
    The mid-season trailer has very little Kallus, by the way, and yes, having seen it in many ways makes it MUCH HARDER TO WAIT. Oh, and the trailer has the alarms going off, too. Gah! All the Rogue One trailer feels.

As for my theory, since "An Inside Man" turned out to be about two separate inside men, I think that they're playing with us with the season description in a similar way. Doesn't mean Kallus won't survive. Right? RIGHT?

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I am pretty sure there can be more then one fulcrum at a time so ya..., but they might not want to confuse people

21. Kaitan ISB021

Feb 1, 2017
    New theory from the opener of Through Imperial Eyes: Kallus doesn't wear gloves all the time because the show is cheap. Kallus has cybernetic hands that he had to get after Onderon.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I mean have we ever actually seen human hands on this show? Not to my knowledge. :p

Kaitan ISB021 likes this.
  23. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Tarkin's hands were glove-less in Season 1. Senator Trayvis too.

24. Kaitan ISB021

Feb 1, 2017
    We see fingers on Ezra and Kanan all the time: they have fingerless gloves. :)

Also, totally joking about the prosthetic hands.

Kind of.

25. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    What are the odds we discover Yularen is also a Fulcrum Agent and he helps cover for Kallus but at the cost it fingers the other Imperial?

Very unlikely but how would you rate that revelation?

Kaitan ISB021 likes this.