main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Alien Vs. Predator Idea

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Space_Dementia, May 16, 2011.

1. Space_Dementia

Space_Dementia Jedi Knight

May 16, 2011
    I've been really needing and wanting to do something creative/productive for a long time now, and so I think I may start writing some fan fiction soon. I havn't sat down and wrote anything decent in a while now, with a full time job and that, just havnt really got around to it.

I've had some idea's floating about in my head for a AVP story, so I'm going to lay out what the basic plot is, and see if its worth really going into e.g. the story has already been done, do you, the Star Wars fans here, want to read it?

I need the advice/comments as I've not really read any Alien/Predator/AVP Fiction or fan fiction yet, ive got two books (Aliens Earth Hive & Nightmare Asylum) waiting along side a load of other books i havnt touched yet. So it be nice to know where to tread, incase its already been done. And I'd like to ask some questions now and then on certain subjects that I might not be too sure of, as in timelines, characters and organisations etc.

Right...the plot...

A group of scientists land on a planet (Acompanied by some troopers), researching, they find relics and the remains of an unknown alien speices that died out. They find the eggs, at this time Predators are stalking them. They take eggs on ship to be taken to a research station at the edge of our system. During Cryo Sleep, the eggs hatch, waking the crew, to find a alien space craft attached to their ship, and all hell breaks loose.

Its all pretty brief, but i didnt want to go into much detail, but what the general plot is really... its a idea i've toy'd with since the first AVP movie.

Tell me what you'r first thoughts are, is this worth delving into?

study3600 likes this.
  2. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    It sounds very Alien meets Aliens meets Predator 2. I'm rather intrigued, actually. I'm a big fan of both franchises and enjoy the AVP films even though they are a bit terrible. I'd say it's worth keeping going with the idea. It would be worthwhile to watch all the Aliens films, the Predator films, and the AVP films. Even if you've seen them all before it'll just rfresh your memory as to important details.

study3600 likes this.
  3. Wweyland

Wweyland Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2019
    Did you start on expanding on the story? Sounds interesting.

I just want to say that the current state of the franchise is not great with several decades of disappointments. The Predator movie was very badly received and possibly killed the Predator franchise for a long time. It messed with the Predator lore too much with the DNA upgrading and the giant Predator. They should maybe going back in the Predator timeline and trying a historic movie with pirates or something.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  4. study888

study888 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    I had a dream about an AVP/Star Wars Crossover TV show or movie the other night. Don't remember any details but I believe its plausible.

Nehru_Amidala likes this.