main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Aliens: 20 years later....

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by sith_rising, Mar 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptainBinaca

CaptainBinaca Jedi Master star 3

Jul 15, 2005
    Now that's the movie I want to see. The interior of that ship, especially where the eggs were, was the coolest set in any of the films

2. DewbackRider88

DewbackRider88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    Damn it!!! I forgot what the date was on tuesday, and therfore missed its actual 20th birthday.

Im going to watch all 5 (including avp lol) films next week (summer holidays start!!) I might even do a large manga-style picture, showing main characters, vehicles and of course, the aliens. Make it like a '20th anniversary' poster or something.

If i have time

3. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    just recently watched it along w/ Alien and Alien 3 for a mini marathon. the 1st 3 really go well together.

in other news:

Ripley is up in the SFF: Films and TV Favorite Sci Fi Character Tournament. Check it out and PM the votes for the tourney to me!

4. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    The first two are amazing, each in an dof themselves, and also because they're totally different genres, the first a horror movie, the second an action movie.
    The third wasn't bad, but a significant step down form the first two. Also, killing off Newt off-screen is really problematic, cheapens Ripley's heroism in Aliens.

5. Beowulf

Beowulf Jedi Master star 5

May 28, 1999
    Sheesh, it's been over 20 years since Aliens came out? I feel old (though I'll feel older with the 30th Anniversary of Star Wars here soon).

6. Crash_Davis

Crash_Davis Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2006
    21 years ago. Scary to think that if this movie were a person, it would be legally old enough to drink.

I remember seeing this in the theater. My mom was so excited. She loved the first one, I did too, and it scared the hell out of me.

One of the greatest action films of all time. :)

7. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    i wish i could see Aliens on the big screen

8. obiwankenobilover

obiwankenobilover Jedi Master star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Now that will be awesome. I also like to see Alien as well again.

9. thebadge

thebadge Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    ALIEN is a true masterpiece

10. Crash_Davis

Mar 31, 2006
    *poke*

Here's something all of you in the UK might be interested in.

Why can't they ever have something like this here in the States? Alien in IMAX? Damn, and I thought it scared the hell out of my when I was a kid!

I was fortunate enough to catch Alien on the big screen a few years back, when they re-released it for the 25th Anniversary. Easily, one of the best horror films ever made.

11. DewbackRider88

Nov 11, 2004
    Oh.....my....god!!!!!!

Im definatley going to that marathon this weekend. It will finish about 7am though lol

Hopefully I can do it.

12. Crash_Davis

Mar 31, 2006
    Good luck! :)

13. obiwankenobilover

obiwankenobilover Jedi Master star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    That is so unfair.

*wishes she lived in UK*

Anyways Good Luck!!!

14. DewbackRider88

Nov 11, 2004
    Cheers guys, im gonna need luck if im going to stay awake, i've got work tomorrow so i wont be able to sleep at all before the marathon. Nearly 30 hours awake till I can get some sleep in [face_tired]

But it should be worth it!!!

15. DewbackRider88

Nov 11, 2004
    Got back this morning....TOTALLY WICKED!!!!

All the films were their original prints, so Alien had 'this film has been rated X' at the beggining lol More people there than I expected aswell, about 150 lol I thought it would be me and about 12 others lol

The size of them was huge (75mm), filled most of the imax screen without being stretched. Sound was awsome aswell, especially during Aliens. Alien Ressurection was only supposed to be 35mm but it was the same size and quality as the others. But isnt the theatrical version of Aliens short!!! Im so used to the SE now that it feels like a TV edit lol Loads of story and good scenes missing. Still great to see on a big screen though.

The night started at 9pm and we finished Alien ressurection at about 7am. Sooooooo tired at the end. Got home at 9am and just slept untill 3pm lol

Anyway, money well spent and a thing to have on my movie-watching CV lol

P.S Was awake for a total of 25 hours and 15 mins lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.