main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Aliens Vs. Predator Movies Discussion Thread (First 5 Minutes of AVP2 Online Legally!)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Feb 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vortigern99

Vortigern99 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2000
    It looks pretty decent, and a sight better than AVP, which I found goofy and unrealistic. This one looks like the right mix of action, scares and science fiction. It's cool to finally see the Aliens come to Earth!

2. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    um...AVP was on earth. Terribly done...but it was here.

3. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    So it looked like the beginning was the same as the end of AVP. I thought I heard there as going to be no connection but I guess the two movies are connected, which good.

That Predator at the end is probably the Jack Bauer of the Predator home world

4. Vortigern99

Vortigern99 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2000
    Okay, yes, but it was self-contained inside the subterranean temple complex. I meant, you know, Aliens milling about above-ground among the general population. This will be the first time we've seen that kind of 'earth-invasion' element.

5. Crash_Davis

Crash_Davis Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2006
    Three new TV spots:

http://www.joblo.com/video/arrow/player.php?video=AVPR-No-Peace
    http://www.joblo.com/video/arrow/player.php?video=AVPR-Evolution
    http://www.joblo.com/video/arrow/player.php?video=AVPR-Take-Off

*SPOILER ALERT*

The one spot with the clip of the new regurgitation/reproduction method looks absolutely repulsive. Finally, we're getting back to the essence of the xeno, unknown, unpredictable, and completely disgusting.

6. Jedimarine

Feb 13, 2001
    Except they'll be contained to a single mountain town instead of pouring out over the landscape like a plague...this film is micro in setting...just like AVP was.

7. Sith_Lord_Linkoping

Sith_Lord_Linkoping Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 19, 2001

8. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    I loved the image that loads when you first click on that link. As for the site itself, I liked the design/layout and loved the intro.

9. anakinandpadmedoomed

anakinandpadmedoomed Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2007
    I love the sight also, and can't wait to see the movie.

10. Sith_Lord_Linkoping

Jan 19, 2001

11. Crash_Davis

Mar 31, 2006
    Aliens was never screened for critics, either.

12. Sith_Lord_Linkoping

Jan 19, 2001
  13. Crash_Davis

Mar 31, 2006
    That clip is terrible. This movie is turning out to be exactly as I feared: a bunch of stupid, horny teenagers running around getting killed. [face_plain]:rolleyes: Typical teenage slasher flick.

And the first negative review is in, and it's pretty damning: BEWARE, LOTS OF SPOILERS IN THE FOLLOWING LINK. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
    Here.

New Dan O'Bannon interview.

Where would you like to see the next Alien film head? Perhaps back to the more high-budget universe that you---

I'd like to see it stop. A horror movie's a fragile thing, and once you've gotten past the original, it isn't scary anymore. So you do a bunch of sequels to a horror movie, all they do is drain any remaining impact out of the original. All of the sequels to for instance Invasion Of The Bodysnatchers, same thing; they over-expose the ideas, and when you look at the original, it's not as effective as it would have been if you had just left it alone.

But money makes the world go round and Hill and Giler saw that as the best way to make more money without having to do any work. So as producers with an in at Fox, they just continue to shove those things through.

So as far as you're concerned the Alien franchise is pretty much played out now?

It was played out after the first one, as far as I'm concerned. Cameron, in the first one, did about the only thing you could do, which was that he changed to a different genre, from a horror movie to an action film. But once he had done that, there really was nothing left to do. And they just keep squeezing the thing till it's an empty bag. But as long as it keeps bringing in money to them, they'll keep doing it.

14. Sith_Lord_Linkoping

Jan 19, 2001
    Thank you for the update. :)

5 new clips via Bloody Disgusting. They are att the bottom of the page.

15. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Nice clips..

16. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    I enjoyed the clips but they were far too dark. In some cases I couldn't figure out what was happening on screen.

17. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    I'm afraid for this film. They should've at least got Kevin Sorbo or the guy who played McGuyver to play the ex con. And the ex-con's brother should not be in the movie. Him and this hot girl could ruin things.

At least get Kristen Bell to be the hot girl so I can see her in a bikini[face_mischief] .

18. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    It arrives in theaters in the U.S. tomorrow! I'm excited! :D

19. anakinandpadmedoomed

anakinandpadmedoomed Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2007
    I'm going tommorow after all the christmas stuff is done! I can't wait!:D

2 of my favorites ,aliens and predators, can't get better than that.

20. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Saw it this morning- it was actually pretty good. The horny teenager slasher plotline element is only present in a minimal fashion- the film has pretty good momentum from the start, and only 1 or 2 of the teenage characters were cardboard cutout annoying. The ex-con character looks like Ben Browder's clone- which made it more surreal to have him, Michelle from 24 and, briefly, Lt Ford from SGA on screen at once ;)

But tons of action and carnage- the Cleaner is a great Predator character, and looks damn scary without his mask (a massive improvement over the poor creature face used in the first AVP). The only thing that could have made this movie perfect would have been to have Gary Busey's character from Predator 2 be there instead of the random military Col.

Though not the best of the dual-franchise, AVPR is easily the most entertaining after the first two Alien flicks and the first Predator.

21. Mazzic

Mazzic Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2000
    Was the Predator female??? It was certainly the most lithe Predator we've ever seen...

22. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Gary Busey's character died in predator 2.

Female predators are supposed to be larger than the male..

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    :oops:

24. Jedimarine

Feb 13, 2001
    More info sought.

I was watching the Stargate Marathon on Scifi yesterday, and they would have special scenes from AVPR on commercial breaks.

I saw one with a Xeno in a school swimming pool and the the kids running around. I about lost a lung laughing. Please tell me that's not like the dramatic conclusion of the film.

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    No, that's basicly the first encounter between a Xeno and the teenage characters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.