main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Aliit ori'shya tal'din: The Mandalorian Fanclub

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, May 17, 2016.

1. Fandalorian

Fandalorian Jedi Master star 3

Apr 18, 2015
  2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Looks like more Mando action is in store for us soon with Rebels!

3. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014

[​IMG]

4. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    So now that the episode is out what are folk's thoughts on how Mandalorians are being handled in the new continuity? So far I'm enjoying the ride.

The Vanguard likes this.
  5. Jax Nova

Jax Nova Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 22, 2014
    I have always loved the Mandalorians and would love to join this grpup. I was told it is not as active as it once was, perhaps some new blood can spark new conversation and interest.

Live well, and die young my friends. As always, keep your sword sharp and your witts sharper!

6. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Su'cuy! Jax Nova always good to see a fellow mando'ade fan. This particular group is actually relatively new (we're not even a year old yet! :eek: ), the one that used to be more active only to see that activity drop off is our EUC cousin. Still this thread does need to see more activity, and as it happens we on site staff have been discussing something of a slight reboot to this particular fanclub that will hopefully boost activity. Sadly those changes been delayed by DRL, but look for them to go live in the next few days. In the meantime I'll add your name to the roster.

7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  8. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    DRL is Darth Real Life, the true master of us all who is constantly throwing issues in our way to disrupt our forum activities.

Gamiel and PCCViking like this.
  9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Thanks. Here, have some samurai Boba Fett

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

from http://cgfelker.deviantart.com/

Mitth_Fisto and Jax Nova like this.
  10. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    OK vode as mentioned SWC staff has been discussing this for some time (instigated by a wonderful idea from TheSilentInfluence) we've decided on a restructuring of the current Mandalorian fanclub. Rather than simply joining and discussing the various aspects of Mandalorian culture we're going to make the fanclub a bit more interactive. To those of you involved with the Jedi or Sith fanclubs these alterations will seem somewhat familiar.

We are going to introduce a more fixed rank structure as well as implement a system of Honor Points which will be earned the through the accomplishment of various tasks assigned to you though your chain of command. The fanclub will also be split into various Houses, headed by their own leader. It is within your House (once assigned) that you will earn your Honor, and your rank.

The Houses:

House Vizsla: The warrior clans of Mandalore yearning for a free and independent Mandalore flock to this banner and the leadership of the Protector. Their methods at times are seen by aruetiise (and some other Mandalorians) as brutal, but they are accomplished warriors who are feared by all who meet them.

House Saxon: Not all of the warrior clans of Mandalore seek independence, some seek to be a part of something larger, an Empire. An Empire with Mandalore as a cog (a rather large and important cog) in a galaxy spanning machine. These warriors find their way to House Saxon headed by the Viceroy.

House Kryze: The warrior ways of the Mandalorians has caused much death and destruction not only to their planet and system but to their very existence. Some Mandalorians have cast off their warrior ways and seek only peace, not only with other Mandalorians but with others as well. House Kryze, led by their Duke or Duchess, believes that the New Mandalorian way is a path to a peaceful and prosperous future.

Rank Structure:

Though the leaders of the various houses have differing titles, the rank structure within each House is the same. New members of a house start at the bottom and work their way up by earning Honor Points. The ranks are as follows:

cabur--Protector: House Leader Greater than 100 Honor Points.
    al'verde--Commander: 61-100 Honor Points
    ver'alor--Lieutenant: 41-60 Honor Points
    ruus'alor--Sergeant: 21-40 Honor Points
    alor'uus--Corporal: 1-20 Honor Points
    verd'ika--Private: 0 Honor Points, new recruit

Honor Points:

Honor is at the very heart of being Mando'ade, and it is with Honor Points that we track our member's rank through the fanclub. Honor Points are earned (as is everything in Mandalorian life) through the accomplishment of various tasks assigned by your chain of command. Anyone in a member's chain of command may assign a lower ranking member a task related to Mandalorian culture and heritage. Tasks may also be related to furthering a member's understanding of the JC Forum in general. The completion of that task can see the assigned user points awarded by the ranking member.

An officer or NCO can never award more than three (3) points for any task, and can only award points for tasks they have assigned. In addition to assigning their own tasks (for their own potential of three points) House Leaders can also reward excellence and award an additional (1) point to any task assigned by another within their chain of command that suitably impresses them.

As head of the fanclub the mand'alor has renounced his/her House affiliation and looks out for the good of all mando'ade. As such he or she may assign tasks and award points to any member regardless of House. In addition the mand'alor can also reward excellence and award an additional (1) point to any completed task if he or she deems the answer worthy. This means that if a mando'ade impresses not only their ranking officer (giving them three points), but also their House Leader and Mand'alor, their action can earn them five points.

Honor Points are to be awarded openly and in this thread only (for book keeping purposes). It is the duty of the mand'alor to keep track of Honor Points awarded and rank for all members by editing the Master roster in the opening post of this thread. As a member earns Honor points they are promoted to their next rank. Two members of the same rank may not assign tasks or award points to one another (time in rank, number of Honor Points held doesn't grant one a higher place within that rank). Upon reaching the 100 point threshold a Commander is eligible to lead the House, though unlike all others this promotion is not automatic, the House seat must be vacant before making claim to it. If two Commanders claim a vacant seat, it is the duty of the mand'alor to decide which of the Commanders is the most worthy, usually through means of assigning a new task. When the seat of mand'alor becomes vacant it must be filled by one of the current heads of House of the fanclub. All appointments to heads of Household and mand'alor are subject to approval of SWC Site staff.

Relationship with the rest of the SWC and other forums:

Members of the mando'ade are expected to act honorably not only within the confines of this thread but also on our sister thread in the EUC as well as throughout the various JC Forums. If Honor is lost through a member's actions then that will be reflected in lost Honor Points or even expulsion from this club and the labeling of you as dar'manda by all mando'ade. Membership in this fanclub does not preclude membership in any other fanclub in the SWC or any other forum. Members are encouraged (but not required) to create a Mandalorian character for themselves for use in this fanclub and throughout the forums as their Mandalorian personality. Such characters will be added to the roster after your name in parenthesis.

Joining:

Joining the ranks of the mando'ade is easy. Simply announce yourself and the House you wish to join (example I am Sabine Wren and I pledge my allegiance to house Vizsla). It is here that a made up character for yourself can be helpful if you want to get into things like Clan and so forth that don't really get explored here in our ranking system. The mand'alor will add your name to the roster (along with probably granting you your first Honor Point for declaring a House affiliation). If you later desire a change of affiliation for any reason you may renounce your House membership at any time and declare your loyalty to a differing House. However, such is seen as a dishonorable act and you will forfeit all Honor Points accumulated as well as your rank.

Roster:

Mand'alor: Bardan_Jusik, formerly of House Rau, Leader of the Fanclub (Beskaryc Taab)​
    Viceroy of House Saxon: Sinrebirth,
    Protector of House Vizsla: TheSilentInfluence
    Duchess of House Kryze: (Currently Vacant)​
    mando'ade (House affiliation undeclared)​
    verd'ika Lady Belligerent (0 Honor Points)​
    verd'ika chunkeymodest (0 Honor Points)​
    verd'ika Darth_wanderguard (0 Honor Points)​
    verd'ika Mitth_Fisto (0 Honor Points)​
    verd'ika Snokers (0 Honor Points)​
    verd'ika Darth_Furio (0 Honor Points)​
    verd'ika CometSmudge (0 Honor Points)​
    verd'ika MandoArtist (0 Honor Points)​
    verd'ika Jedi Knight Fett (0 Honor Points)​
    verd'ika Davak24 (0 Honor Points)​
    verd'ika Fandalorian (0 Honor Points)​
    verd'ika The Vanguard (0 Honor Points)​
    verd'ika Darkslayer (0 Honor Points)​
    verd'ika Jax Nova (0 Honor Points)​
    To those already members and listed on our roster, you may declare your House affiliation at any time to begin your training. Until that time you will be listed as an unaffiliated mando'ade with the rank of verd'ika. For those wishing to join House Kryze, I'll be handling your training for now as there is leader for house Kryze at the present time. Once someone has attained that rank I'll turn the New Mandalorians over to him/her.​

11. Jax Nova

Jan 22, 2014
    Awesome! Sounds quite interesting. Though I am using the same name (Jax Nova) as my user name I do have a mandalorian character, Jax Nova. Who has a detailed history and comes from the clan Vizsla. I will pledge my allegiance to this clan.

If desired I can post my bio for the character for proper approval and take tips on any edits that might need to be made.

12. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Excellent Jax Nova, I award you one Honor Point for your pledge to House Vizsla. TheSilentInfluence, this one is yours now to train.

Edit: Roster updated, Congratulations on your promotion Jax Nova.

TheSilentInfluence and PCCViking like this.
  13. Jax Nova

Jan 22, 2014
    Thank you very much! *bows*

Here is the bio for my character.

Jax Nova comes from a long line of Mandalorians in the Vizsla clan. According to his family history his ancestors were originally members of the Nova Blades, a notorious group of pirates that operated on Rishi during the time of the Old Republic and the days of Darth Revan.

During this time the Nova Blades worked closely for a time with the mandalorian Shae Vizla and her clan on Rishi until the Nova Blades allied themselves with the Order of Revan. Jax's ancestors, who apparently disagreed with the decision stayed behind with Shae Vizla and her clan and were assimilated into the Vizla Mandalorian clan.

Although they were considered of the Vizla clan Jax's ancestors bore the last name of "Nova" hearkening back to their pirate days with the Nova Blades. Through the years they were fully integrated into mandalorian culture and nearly all wiped out by infighting during the Mandalorian wars. Half of the Nova family followed Tor Visla and his radical ideals, the other half rejected him.

When the Jedi attacked the Jaster Mereel's groups, then lead by Jango Fett, a few remaining members of the Nova family narrowly escaped the onslaught. They had left a day before the Jedi strike force arrived, and gone to forge a new life for themselves. Tired of infighting and bemoaning the loss of the Nova family and Clan Vizla, they settled on Rori where no one would bother them.

Down the years, when Jax came along his mother had left Rori and lived on Nal'Hutta as a hired gun for the Hutt Cartels. His father had passed away at a young age in a piloting accident. His father, turn smuggler, had left his mandalorian zabrak wife to raise their child on her own. All she knew was combat and the Cartels offered plenty of that.

She taught Jax everything she knew up until he was fifteen. Then... she went on a mission for the Hutts and never returned. He never did learn what happened to her. He tried taking her place, working for the Hutt Cartel as a hired gun. He soon realized, however, that was not the life for him.

He broke ties with the Cartels and began going after small bounties. It was enough to keep him alive, but he wasn't getting rich for sure. One day, on a bounty hunt, he ran across a man who recognized his mandalorian fighting techniques. The man offered him a chance at a new life. The mandalorians were gathering once more.

Jax, always feeling very connected to his mandalorian heritage gladly accepted and joined the Mandalorians as a military man and works tirelessly to further the cause of the Mandalor and his Mandalorian kin in the re-formed clan Vizsla.

14. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    House Saxon

We are strong because our foes are weak.

We are weak because we are divided.

Through the Empire we can become strong.

Galactic conquest through force of arms is foolish. Galactic peace by surrendering our armour is the way of the foreigner.

Conquest from within will result in conquest of all.

Who will pledge to themselves to House Saxon, and the end of our divisions?

Lady Belligerent? chunkeymodest? Darth_wandeguard?

What say you, Mitth_Fisto? Or Snokers?

Perhaps you seek Imperial glory, Darth_Furio, or you, CometSmudge? Surely you Fandalorian, or MandoArtist?

Though I am sure you will again be a pacifist, The Vanguard, what of you, Davak24, or Darkslayer?

Is the noble name of Fett a loyal one, Jedi Knight Fett?

Answer the Empire's call!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Snokers

Snokers Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2015
    Aye, I say! :boba:

Sinrebirth likes this.
  16. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Jax Nova

I accept you into my clan brother. With you we will be stronger.

A Mandalorians life resolves around the resol'nare, the six actions that must and should dictate a Mandalorians life. We have been warriors for thousands of years. We have fought and lost our vode in wars. We stood against those who were aruetii. Outsiders who have tried to control us because they believe we ate weak enough to submit.

But we are Mandalorian Vode. We follow only Mand'alor. We do not submit to outsiders. Our lives our ours to decide, to live. We fight on the battlefields because we are warriors. Because it's our way of life. We stand strong together because we would fall if we didn't. House Vizsla has always know that being Mandalorian wasn't just about squabbling with those who would challenge us, but proving that we are strong capable Mandalorians who don't back down. We are honorable, strong and brave. We are the ones who guard our homes and families together because this is who we are. We remember the old ways; the resol'nare. You must remember who you are and where you come from friends; my Vode. Before we lose our ways forever.

17. E. L.Knight

E. L.Knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2012
    I, Nakir Tal'Orar, Pledge myself to House Saxon.

[​IMG]

Some of you from the EUC may remember when Nakir was Mandalore the Sentinel of the EUC Mandalorians many years ago.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  18. Jax Nova

Jan 22, 2014
  19. Snokers

Jul 8, 2015
    I look forward to moving forward as a driving force in a great Empire as opposed to remaining a lone-wolf race.

I pledge my allegiance to House Saxon!

dralshy'a!

A character sheet will follow soon.

:boba:

20. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    The Mandalorians have stood proudly and independently for generations, and it can once again. We require no Empire, no leaders who are but a puppet of The Emperor. To lose our identity, to be nothing more than Stormtroopers cased in Mandalorian steel, steel which the Empire has no right to? Where would our identity go? It would be the biggest, and possibly last mistake we could afford to make.

So I pledge allegiance to House Vizsla. My loyalties lie only with the Mand'alor, and to the great ancestors that came before us. Too few of our kind understand this, and those few are so quickly deemed traitors and dar'mandas. But they will push past these hurtful names, because they know deep down that Mandalore is their only concern, and they will fight because no one else will.

21. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I accept you into House Saxon, Snokers, and bequeath unto you one Honour Point for doing so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bardan_Jusik and Snokers like this.
  22. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    MandoArtist

I accept you into my clan brother. With you we will be stronger.

Your welcome vode. *bows back.* We are honored to have you.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  23. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    We must renew our warrior ways!

Sinrebirth likes this.
  24. Snokers

Jul 8, 2015
    ~bows helmet adorned head~

Thank you, Viceroy.

25. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    MandoArtist, E. L.Knight I grant you each one Honor Point for declaring your House allegiance. Snokers, your House Leader has already done so and I see no need to double dip for so simple a task. I've updated the roster, congratulations to you all on your promotions.

Snokers and TheSilentInfluence like this.