main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Aliit ori'shya tal'din: The Mandalorian Fanclub

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, May 17, 2016.

1. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Do I have the field advantage? If so, traps! Varied and many traps designed so that they would be an annoyance for one in armor such as myself and potentially crippling to a Jedi. Also hide things that are innocuous that I can remote trigger at random -easily. As for the fight itself, mainly I do not see a major difference. The battle is a game of keep away, I would always be trying to have the ground and distance, and constantly be using cover to break the Jedi's or Sith's line of sight. Always going for the overwhelming hail of blaster fire, explosions, or just plain scorched earth tactic. Most likely these would be in random alternating fashion to keep the Jedi or Sith off balance.

Now of course I would also plan for this to fail, if I am lucky - they are dead. I would not try to capture one alive. If it goes wrong they have somehow Force pulled me in or Force leaped to me or Force something weird to negate the distance I am trying to keep I would aim to grapple the Jedi. Jedi are good at medium range when it comes to their laser swords so first goal, knock that light blade away, second be robes to armor close. No time to be squeamish with personal space or the filthiness of the enemy as I need to focus on extending any retractable blades or weapons into them anywhere I can in random deathly aimed fashion - whilst trying to keep them turned away from where their weapon is so they cannot see it. Also of benefit so entangled they shouldn't be able to do many of their attacks likes lightning without hitting themselves. Still, first goal - end it fast. Do not give them time to adapt or realize what is happening fully until it is either too late or I have already switched gears to the next strategy.

2. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Perhaps it could be reforged. I mean Kylo Ren waa able to get Vader burnt helmet from Endor.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
    clone commander bossk likes this.
  3. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Who knows, maybe someone managed to rescue it from the slaughter?

4. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I wpuld think if the Darksaber has been preserved, the Helm of the Mandalors would be too. It would be neat if in Mando Season 3 we see a Mando wearing it, one who challenges Bo-Katan and Din for the throne; I picture a Savage Opress type in strength, with a huge body and frame.

5. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    Maybe, but the mandalores that wore it only appeared in legends, so I can't see that happening. But it would be cool to see a mandalare the ultimate inspired design.

Kato Sai likes this.
  6. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    All Disney has to do is some changes to the helm wnd armor.

7. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    We do know that Canderous Ordo was the last person to hold the mask. He recovered it from the tomb where Revan hid it after killing the Mandalore the Ultimate, and incorporated into the grayish armor he wears throughout the Dark Wars in KotOR 2. That said, we've only extended the known whereabouts of the mask by about a decade, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think it's worth noting, though, that before the Darksaber came along, this was more or less meant to be the end of the "special leadership object" element of old Mandalorian culture. Canderous takes the mask to honor the old tradition, but ultimately minimalizes its importance in comparison to the value of a truly strong and able leader. That approach doesn't exactly take hold as well or as quickly as he would've liked—seeing as we learn from TOR materials that subsequent Mandalorian leaders largely floundered in their attempts to really keep the clans unified in the years after his death—but it does finally take root with the rise of Mandalore the Lesser, and even moreso, his more prominent successors, Artus Lok and Shae Vizla, all of whom ruled without the need for the old slab of mythosaur bone. In the end, maybe the reason the mask disappeared to the shadows of history is because, much like the old gods and the war-worshipping ways, the Mandalorians simply outgrew it.

8. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    @Mia Mesharad
    Most enlightening. The aim to grow beyond relics is admirable, for the Mirshko (courage) of Mandos must stem beyond mystical objects, that being said to discard such symbols of Mando history is in my view to disregard our past. To quote Emperor Meiji, “I have envisioned a unified Japan.. one that is modern.. but we cannot forget who we are, or were we come from.” (The Last Samurai). In the same way we should seek Canderous’ aim to unify the clans, but retain who we are, and were we come from.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
  9. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  10. Anakin_SkywaIker

Anakin_SkywaIker Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 20, 2021
    Is there anything specific that I have to do to join?

11. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Pledge your loyalty to one of the three Clans:

Saxon -Serves The Mand’alor and evisions a new Mando Empire to spread across the galaxy.
    Kryze -Seeks a new Mandalorian Way beyond war, is not violent and uses stun weapons.
    Viszla -Yearns for a free and independent Mandalorian flock. Warriors to the bone.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
  12. Anakin_SkywaIker

Feb 20, 2021
    I am Anakin_SkywaIker and I pledge my loyalty to house Saxon (I’m sorry if I made any spelling errors, said anything extra, or mistakes, I am doing this half asleep. I can’t think of a name so I am using my user)

Bardan_Jusik and Kato Sai like this.
  13. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Welcome Vod (Brother)! I am House Saxon as well. Here I go by the name of Kaster Mereel.

Anakin_SkywaIker likes this.
  14. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Welcome @Anakin_SkywaIker, I award you one (1) Honor Point for your declaration of loyalty to your House, congratulations on your promotion.

15. Anakin_SkywaIker

Feb 20, 2021
    Sorry if I don’t respond to most things, usually it’s because I don’t know how to respond

16. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    A good answer is I am honored (Ijaat) by you Manda’lor. :boba:

17. Cyber Spark

Cyber Spark Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 27, 2020
    What I find interesting is that The Mandalorian introduces a new Mand'alor of the Old Republic era: Mand'alor the Great. Is Mand'alor the Great a new character? Is it just a new name for Mand'alor the Ultimate? Is he Tarre Vizsla? Or what?

18. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I reckon it is a new character that will have elements of the Ultimate.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
  19. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Hey. So, in the interest of getting to know my fellow Mando'ade a bit better, I have a few questions for y'all.

First: Do we have any Obitine shippers up in here? (Besides myself, that is. I will go down with this ship.)

Second: Do y'all think Korkie Kryze is a Kenobi, or not? (I accept this headcanon 1,000%)

Third: Could y'all possibly help me translate the lyrics of I Will Always Love You into Mando'a? (I feel a burning need to do this. Because fanfic.)

20. Illyrika

Illyrika Jedi Padawan

Sep 13, 2020
    Third: Could y'all possibly help me translate the lyrics of I Will Always Love You into Mando'a? (I feel a burning need to do this. Because fanfic.)[/QUOTE]

Who is the group that plays
    I will always love you
    And I will see what I can do to get it done

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
  21. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    1. Yep, it prety much is cannon.

2. Nope, I don't think so. Anyway, satine's his aunt.

3. Let's see. A couple words don't seem to translate, but apart from that.

Meh Ni ru'kir stay
    Ni Ru'kel shi cuyir o'r gar ara
    bid Ni'll slanar a Ni kar'taylir
    Ni'll mirdir be gar anay step be te ara

bal Ni Kelir ratiin kar'taylir darasuum gar
    Ni Kelir ratiin kar'taylir darasuum gar
    gar
    ner cyar'ika, gar

bittersweet memories
    ibac cuyir an Ni'm taking ti ni
    bid good-bye
    Gedet'ye don't cry
    vi bintar kar'taylir Ni'm not meg gar, gar linibar

gar

Ni, Ni Kelir ratiin kar'taylir darasuum gar

gar
    cyar'ika, Ni kar'tayl gar darasuum
    Ni'll ratiin
    Ni'll ratiin kar'taylir darasuum gar

22. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Thank you very much. :D

23. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
  24. KaleeshFett

KaleeshFett Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 21, 2021
    Greetings, I would like to join this club. The Mandalorians, in both Legends and NuCanon, are my favorite culture in Star Wars so I hope you'll have me. :boba:

I pledge myself to Clan Vizsla, for the independence of Mandalore.

25. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    Welcome to Clan Vizsla Gar'vode!

KaleeshFett likes this.