main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Aliit ori'shya tal'din: The Mandalorian Fanclub

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, May 17, 2016.

1. KaleeshFett

KaleeshFett Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 21, 2021
    Vor entye bossk, next to Clones, Mandalorians are one of my favorite parts of Star Wars so I'm excited to celebrate them in this club. :)

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
    clone commander bossk likes this.
  2. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    We're happy to have you. :D

Fandalorian and KaleeshFett like this.
  3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

Su cy'gar @KaleeshFett I award you one Honor Point for your pledge of loyalty to your House. Congratulations on your promotion.

4. KaleeshFett

Jan 21, 2021
    Thank you, Mand'alor.

For the curious, my favorite Mandalorians have to be the rather cliched answer of the Fetts, especially Jango Fett. Love that the The Mandalorian made Jango a legit Mando like in Legends.

5. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    Honestly i do not consider the Fetts mando'ade. Jango may once have been, but he isn't with them in AOTC he's abandoned his people to make a life for himself. Boba wasn't raised mandalorian, so I think his father may once have been but he is not.

But people can have their own opinions. :)

6. KaleeshFett

Jan 21, 2021
    I actually almost agree, I love Legends so I fully admit bias towards that side of continuity. Open Seasons comic and the Bounty Hunter game are some of my favorite things from Star Wars for example. Outside of the Fett's I also really like Bo-Katan and Sabine Wren too. Sabine was my favorite character from Rebels, with Trials of the Darksaber being perhaps my favorite Rebels episode.

7. Illyrika

Illyrika Jedi Padawan

Sep 13, 2020
    Welcome to the clan and the aliit we are the keepers of the true Mandalorian way
    This is the way
    My brother in arms

Olarom at te clan bal te aliit vi cuyir te keepers be te true Mando ara
    ibic cuyir te ara
    Ner vod o'r irude

8. Fandalorian

Fandalorian Jedi Master star 3

Apr 18, 2015
    Welcome to the clan, Vod.
    [​IMG]

9. KaleeshFett

Jan 21, 2021
    Late reply, but thank you @Fandalorian and @Illyrika for the welcome. :)

I'll be up front and admit to being a grouchy, old school Legends Mandalorian fan, who also has come to appreciate the NuCanon side of this fascinating culture. Any other fans of the Open Seasons comic? Really the book/comic that got me into these bucket heads, still one of my favorite Star Wars comics.

10. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    I haven't read it myself, but know the story. and I thought it did a good job of expanding Jango's character. I found my love of Mandos from the clone wars series and rebels. Particularly the Death Watch.

KaleeshFett and Iron_lord like this.
  11. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    I fell in love with Mandalore because of Obitine. I ship it and ship it hard.

12. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    I just wanted to share this site I found recently that lets you create your own Mandalorian. I've created a few, and thought some of you might want to do the same! :D

Ni shi wanted at me'dinuir ibic site Ni found recently ibac lets gar create gar own Mando. Ni've created a kisol, bal thought some be gar might copad at vaabir te adla!

https://www.mandocreator.com/#

Mandalorian mercs thread by creator.

https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=195608.0

ZV-83 and KaleeshFett like this.
  13. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Vi linibar nayc mand'bor at parjir akaane

We need no magic to win wars.

[​IMG]

14. ZV-83

ZV-83 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 7, 2020
    Awesome @clone commander bossk I could play around with that for hours :cool:

15. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    Oh, I have. :D

Manda'lor @Bardan_Jusik, May i have a task?

*Bows*

Last edited: May 10, 2021
    ZV-83 likes this.
  16. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    So the alor'uus wants a task. This is something rightfully brought up within your own chain of command, but as I am feeling magnanimous.

Regarding the Darksaber and its place in our people's lore. In the Rebels animated series we saw Bo Katan Kryze accept the Darksaber from Sabine Wren with some hesitation though she eventually claimed it and was accepted by the clan leaders present. In the live action series The Mandalorian, we see the wielder of the Darksaber again (Din Djaran) again attempt to yield the blade to Bo Katan, this time with her refusing it though she clearly wanted possession. I know it has been discussed elsewhere at length, but the issue has not been addressed here. So, in your own opinion why the discrepancy or change in Bo Katan's attitude towards ownership of the Darksaber?

In an effort to spark further discussion here this task is open to all mando'ade.

17. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    My thoughts are that Bo-Katan had it during the great purge and blames that partly for all the deaths on our side. I imagine she partly blames that for the defeat doesn't want events to repeat themselves.

KaleeshFett, Bardan_Jusik and ZV-83 like this.
  18. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Hmm that is it? No one else with any thoughts on the matter?

I award you two (2) Honor Points for your response.

19. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    Thank you Manda'lor.

KaleeshFett and ZV-83 like this.
  20. KaleeshFett

Jan 21, 2021
    Apologies for not posting often, works been ferocious lately and I couldn't login on here for awhile.

Anyways, I think @clone commander bossk pretty much nailed her reasonings for not accepting the Darksaber from Din. On a more cynical side, she also probably knows that to regain trust from the last surviving Mandalorians she has to earn the Darksaber the old fashioned way now. Under her leadership the Empire decimated the Mandalorians to only a few pockets of survivors and apparently she couldn't even keep a hold of the Darksaber for very long. Any surviving clans probably hold some ill will towards Bo and it will take more then someone like Sabine Wren handing her the saber for them to ever trust Bo again. This also might explain why there's so few in Bo-Katans crew/squad.

21. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    I know very little about the Darksaber and Bo Katan. I haven’t watched TCW or Rebels. Thus any conjecture I make is based on what other more knowledable Mandos know.

I will say this, to me the Darksaber is an abomination. It belonged to a Jedi Mando, a walking contradiction, and to make a weapon that belonged to our chief enemy our sacred weapon for rulership seems bizarre. I’d prefer a great Beskad or Javelin to be our scepter of rule.

22. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    The boards were having some issues, the technical problems thread in comms details them a bit as well as the efforts to remedy them. I award you two (2) Honor Points for your response.

As I understand it, the Darksaber was originally going to be a vibroblade but Filoni was overruled by Lucas himself and so it was turned into a lightsaber instead. There have been other Jedi Mandalorians in Legends, my own namesake being one of them (Though Jusik left the Order to become a Mandalorian, not the other way around). The origin of weapon matters little, it's weapon and thus a part of our culture. When I first heard of the Darksaber I too felt it would have been better served to be a beskad, but have come around to the Darksaber as it's own unique thing, a blending of Jedi and Mandalorian that adds to the lore of Star Wars as a whole.

23. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    I agree with @Bardan_Jusik . If Mandalorians and Jedi just bothered to actually get to know each other as people, they might realize that they're not quite as different as they think they are. Which is exactly why I ship Obitine. Because Dutchess Satine and her adorable human disaster of a di'kut jetii are proof that Mandalorians and Jedi can get along if they're willing to try.

24. Jedi_Goulden_25

Jedi_Goulden_25 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 3, 2021
    Thank you sir, i am back from my ban. :)

25. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Welcome back @padawon goulden is it still your intention to join the ranks of House Vizsla?

padawon goulden likes this.