main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ALL ANGLES (NJO, J/J, Dark Journey tie-in, Vignettes) - COMPLETE

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TKeira_Lea, Apr 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ROGUE_49

ROGUE_49 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    Hmm... just thoguht of something.. Isn't Hoya you beta for Echoes? Perhaps I could go over there and threaten her.. but I'm not sure.. so I better wait til I get confirmation ;)

Up!

-Rogue

2. Twin_Suns_Leader

Twin_Suns_Leader Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 11, 2002
    Wow, TKL!!! I just found this, and I'm so glad I did. Hmmm...I wonder why it never occured to me to look for new stories on the new boards...? lol. 8-}

I love your characterization of all the characters, both here and in Echoes. I don't have a lot of time to write a long review, but I'll be sure to rectify that later. 8-}

UP!

3. ROGUE_49

ROGUE_49 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    Hmm TSL- I hope you take a closer look at the new stories on the new boards ;) I've got two up, though the Corran one might be more up your ally if you're an NJO fan- it's better anyways 8-}. Just a thought. There really are a lot of cool things going up though. Every Star Wars fan would love Halcyon03's Purge Viggie on the Saga board. It's called Shutting Off the Sun if you can find it. Too cool! There's a ton of one post viggies that are going up too. I think people feel like those kinds of things have a better chance now that there aren't so many pages for them to fall, and they're fun to read when you're just looking for something to fill in the time, but when you can't commit to a fulllength fic.

OK- I just came over here to up this, lol, not to give a pitch for the new boards, so I'll be going now.

:D

-Rogue

4. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    OK, finally back from the horse show and able to post. Won't be nearly as long to the next one. Zara has more time and so do I! Thanks for the beta, as always, Zara. Again, this is based on Dark Journey by Elaine Cunningham. Some of the text is directly from the book. There is some added dialogue for a conversation that is alluded to between Jag and the Hapan official, otherwise dialogue is not my own. When I reread this book, while researching Echoes I saw this budding relationship with Jag and Kyp as seen from Jag's point of view and not Jaina's. You can see how it ties into my fanfic. Comments please...

Based on pages 130-135...

UNEXPECTED ALLIES

The whine of the repulsor engines filled the cockpit as Jag guided his clawcraft down to the crowded docks. The fact that the two clawcraft were an oddity proved helpful as people backed away from the descending fighters to get a better look. Jag supposed the inherent nature of the machines, reminiscent of the Empire?s TIE fighters in design, caused some to step away in fear.

After a quick power-down, Jag leapt from his cockpit to an athletic landing on the ground, not expecting the benefit of the ladders provided by fighter technicians at home. He started his usual inspection of the hull, looking for signs of damage and wear, when Jag caught sight of a petite brunette heading his way. His heart jumped in his throat initially at the hope she might be Jaina, but as the woman came into full view, Jag recognized her as Leia Organa Solo.

If Jaina?s mother was any indication, the Solo daughter had only tapped into the youthful reserves of beauty with which she had been bestowed. Experience and time may have added a few lines and gray hairs to Leia?s appearance, but her outward loveliness was enhanced by an inner grace few women ever mastered. His mother was one of the only other women Jag knew who could hold a candle to Leia in that department. Not that he knew many women, he reminded himself.

Hope sprung anew at the realization that where Leia Organa Solo went, the possibility existed Jaina would not be far behind, especially after losing a beloved family member. Jag was sure Jaina would turn to her family in her hour of need. He became painfully aware his face exuded more emotion than usual as Leia returned his smile. Recognition of Leia?s colleague forced Jag?s expression to revert back to its normal unreadable mask.

Kyp Durron. Jag had the dubious honor of meeting the green-eyed, dark-haired Jedi Master once before. The introduction had been brief, both men sizing each other up. Jag found little he cared for; he assumed Kyp had felt the same way by his actions. Jag had read the Intel concerning the key players in the war, including many Jedi, with some interest since returning to Csilla. Kyp Durron was seen by most as somewhat of a rogue, differing with the Jedi leadership on their purpose and role in the conflict. Kyp was the type who always went against the grain. Jag despised his kind and everything they stood for. Master Durron countered everything the Chiss held in high regard.

As Leia reached Jag, the young colonel drew himself up tall and greeted the woman with a crisp, formal bow. At the same time, Shawnkyr arrived at his side. ?Your Highness, it is good to see you well. May I introduce Major Shawnkyr Nuruodo of the Chiss Expansionary Defense Fleet.?

Leia donned her diplomat?s face at the mention of his second-in-command?s last name. Ever the consummate lady, she dipped her head politely to the tall Chiss. ?I might say the same for you, Colonel Fel. It is a pleasant surprise to see the Chiss presence on Hapes. Is your presence here a portent of things to come??

Jag did not fail to miss the hint of hope in the older woman?s voice. He inclined his head in a bow of apology. ?I regret that it is not. Shawnkyr and I are scouts for the Chiss, no more.?

?Pretty impressive arsenal for a pair of scouts,? Kyp observed, tapping one hand against the proton torpedo launcher.

Jag stifl

5. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    another great viggie, TKL! lol, i would have died laughing if Jag had slapped Kyp's hand off his ship... [face_laugh] great stuff! more, por favor? :)

6. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    jags_gurl: more soon. I thought Jag visualizing Kyp was funny too! Remember in Echoes, Rane tells Jaina about Jag being funny about people touching his stuff - there you go once again. ;)

7. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    This is just FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

I don't know how you do it but please do it more.

I must go now and read your earlier vignetts (sp?)

Keep up the good work.

8. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Thanks Chimpo!

9. Arissa

Arissa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2003
    Wonderful post TKL :)

I know a lot of people didn`t liked DJ but I enjoyed it a lot. It was the first english NJO book I read and, well I enjoed it very much after digesting that Anakin was dead and Jacen supposed to be dead as well .*sniff* My poor little Anni!! :_|

You manage to show the thoughts behind Jag`s stoic face very well. I liked Jag in DJ much but the autor didn´t tell us much about his feelings. :(

The most autors didn`t develope his character a lot as well. Dix and Williams are his saviours. [face_love] (only in the offical books, in fanfics your are the one who saves him ;) )

Can´t wait untill you write the tie in for the dinner scene, :D

Well, I hope you write it ;)

~Arissa

10. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Arissa: The dinner scene I have some good ideas for... ;)

11. Hoya94

Hoya94 Jedi Master star 2

Apr 12, 2001
    Great post. I was cracking up over this line: Jag stifled his initial desire to slap the man?s hand off his ship. LOL! :p That was too funny! ;) More soon?

Hoya

12. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Great, great postie! I like the whole "another point of view" thing. I've always found Kyp and Jag's relationship interesting, and yes, that does seem exactly like what was going on in Jag's mind in that scene in DJ.

Wonderful!

Is it too soon to ask for more?

13. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Hoya and Mrs. Durron Wow thanks for replying. Kind of slow over here! More soon. A couple posts until the party scene which I am really excited about. Jag seeing Jaina in a formal gown for the first time and his first experience flirting! ;)

14. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    *TKL kicks this thread back up to the top, then runs home sobbing*

15. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    Shoot, now I realize my problem! I've been stopping by here looking for a new post and not finding anything. Turns out its the stupid computer! :mad: Dang thing has been pulling up the page as it was the last time I visited, not the updated version!! Grrr, no wonder there was still only two pages every time I came here!! :mad:

On a better note, I am now all caught up and won't let it pull the wool over my eyes again like that. Evil computer!!

Excellent post, love this getting inside Jag's head! :D

16. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    Kyp was the type who always went against the grain. Jag despised his kind and everything they stood for.

*harrumphs* WELL...*mutters something mean-tempered under her breath* maybe he should clear off jaina then, huh? :mad: jag's acting like a sheep :mad:

:p

anyway, great job TKL :) interesting tension between jag and kyp...jag has barely even spoken to jaina and he's already getting possessive :p what an imperial... ;)

~TJF

17. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    Oh, if that?s all,? Kyp said dryly. ?I?ve been expendable for years. And recently my status has been downgraded from undesirable to anathema
    [face_laugh] i love that line...

awesome job!

18. Sticks220

Sticks220 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2002
    Great post. I when people show the a story line from a different point of view. Can't wait for more.

Sticks

19. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    GOOD MORNING!

See all I have to do throw a temper tantrum and I get all this feedback. Thank you all for putting me in a good mood! BTW I wrote 6 pages last night because I was so happy about the responses. (3 is normal for a week night, 8 on weekends)

Shinar: evil computer [face_devil]

thanks

TJF: Jag can't help himself :D

LJS: Kudos to Elain Cunningham, that line is hers. It is one of my faves too.

Sticks: thanks [face_love]

I have half of the next post written - off to write more

20. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Post is almost ready fot the beta...

Look for the corresponding scene from the first vignette to show up in Echoes soon!

21. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    Cool, but I hope you don't have to throw temper tantrums on a regular basis now ;)

Grrr, had to hit refresh when I first got here. Jeez I hate this computer!

22. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Shinar: Just once and a while

23. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Page four!!! How did that happend!!!
    UPPPPPPP you go!!!!!!!!!!

Chimpo the Patriot

24. Arissa

Arissa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2003
    up! up! up!

25. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Thanks for the ups guys. I will be sneding the post to the beta on Tuesday, look for it after that. The party scene is the post after that, and already half written as well.

TTYL [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.