main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA All Collecting, All the Time!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Dec 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    OK, time to start up another thread!

I should be getting my Padme Clone Wars Maquette soon... it's supposed to be shipping today. Of course, they were actually supposed to go out in November... sigh.

2. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Thanks to people at work, I have received the following for Christmas/Birthday: 7 3/4 Figures one Jedi Council, the Star Wars trivia calendar, Star Wars Battlefront for PS2, non Star Wars stuff included I Robot, Return of the King Extended version, The Bourne Identity, and Supremacy, two movies I have never heard of before, a movie that makes fun of Star Wars that uses thumbs?, and lastly a coffee table book on comic books.

Now this was just from people at work, so you know what I mean by truly blessed and non deserving.

3. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Wow! That's so cool. All we get from co-workers is a free lunch. Thumbwars is a really silly movie. It's by the guy who puts on Jimmy Neutron, or at least one of the guys from Jimmy Neutron. I want a job at Sony.

Oh, I recently purchased, through my very good friend CBM, a Lego UCS Y-Wing and the Tie set. They will look very cool under the tree this Christmas.

4. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    I love my Time Turner from Harry Potter 3

5. Kessel Runner

Kessel Runner Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 10, 1999
    just got a time turner for my girlfriend for Christmas.

6. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Well, I have just acquired a framed Polar Express movie poster, signed in gold by Tom Hanks from a charity auction I recently attended. (note to self - don't bid at a silent auction when youve had too much red wine.)

Anyway, I'm sure you're all wondering why I am posting this in a Star Wars collecting thread. The answer is:
    The artist of the poster was none other than TPM conceptual artist Doug Chiang.

Cool, huh?

7. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    That's cool, Jay. Doug Chiang is a nice guy... it's great that he did the work for Polar Express.

8. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Got my Padme marquette today... she's a 'lil cutie LOL. I'll have to bring her to the shindig on Sunday.

9. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Did anyone see the price tag on the new Vader Bust? Two hundred smackeroos! OH MY GOSH! I'd love one but that's way, Way, WAY too much money. I say that now but there is a slim chance I will change my mind later as it looks pretty cool.

10. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I just received something very very cool and just may be the best thing in my collection, the Gentle Giant Statue of the Stormtrooper on Dewback. It is huge, 17 inches long to be exact. I don't know where I'm going to display it.

I also have now all the Clone Wars Maquettes.

11. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    This has nothing to do with Star Wars collecting, but while I was home in Texas I had to box up my old toys and ship them to me here in LA. I now have five large boxes of Masters of the Univers and Transformers to go through and polish up before putting them away.

Now I know what DB post was about. Though they didn't put toy collecting down as a geeky hobby I'm sure it would be considered as one. Like I care.

12. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Blessed are the geeks, for they shall inherit the mini-storage units...

I got (of course) the Yoda maquette for Christmas... Plus many other new Yodas. I'm a little jealous that Matt's intended gets the unofficial LAFF moniker of "YodaGirl" but I guess I could have chosen that once upon a time :)! Maybe I can be JediBith, YodaFreak!

13. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Yoda apparently is a special character to JR's intended hence the name. I thought about you, JB, after I suggested it and probably should have cleared it first sorry. It's all unofficial so far and who knows she may not want it. I got special Scout patches for my collection. They are sanctioned by LucasFilm and put out by the Marin County BSA Council as a fundraiser to pay for their troop to go to the National Jamboree. I got 1997's which features Yoda exclusively and 2001's which has Yoda and Darth Maul. I can't wait to see what this year's is going to be. I'll post pics later, if I can figure out how to do it.

14. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    If Yoda is special to her, I know I'm gonna like that gal! No need to "clear" the name: 'tis cool. The world needs MORE Yoda fans!!

15. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    My wife kinda looks like Yoda. Don't tell her I said that. But she does like Yoda.. he's her favorite character.

I've fallen way behind on my collecting.. I did manage to pick up a chrome Stormtrooper bust though. Did you get one Skyryder?

16. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    I picked up some more galactic heroes. Star Wars is getting to expensive, and taking up too much space. I need to get into something less popular.

17. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    The silver Stormtrooper? No I didn't get one. I tried though, but when I went online they had sold out. I actually haven't gotten anything in quite a while.

18. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    She's got Yoda's eyes, sort of...

Any way, I've fallen way behind in collecting also. Did anyone see the new Jade pendants? $199 each Oh My GOSH!

19. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    [image=http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2005/TECH/fun.games/01/19/tater.doll.ap/vert.darth.tater.ap.jpg]

20. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    That is so incredibly cute! Where can I get one?

21. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Lord Tater?
    Yes Master.
    Fries.

I'm sure it'll be out soon.

22. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
  23. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    So many people from work have forwarded me this picture and article from CNN.com. I must have one. I think it is pretty cute and will make a fine desk accessory.

24. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Well, something I ordered a long time ago arrived today. My Gentle Giant C-3PO bust. I haven't gone to pick him up yet. Don't know when I can do that.

25. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I just got a very depressing email from Entertainment Earth. Hasbro has cancelled the Cantina Aliens Wave. Has anyone seen these on the shelves? I haven't. JR?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.