main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TOR All compiled information about the Old Republic so far...

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Charlemagne19, Aug 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    All the compiled information about the Old Republic so far. Special thanks to the people at Bioware's forums for compiling it.

Planets

For more details on each planet visit the Holonet here: Planets

Coruscant

* Capital of the Republic.
    * Coruscant seems to be split into levels such as Senate, Works, Gang areas - Dev Dispatch (Coruscant)
    * Lots to explore on Coruscant, you can see for miles and miles - Dev Dispatch (Coruscant)
    * Social areas on Coruscant such as the Spaceport and Galactic Senate - Dev Dispatch (Coruscant)

Tython

* Tython is a planet of forests and ancient ruins - Dev Blog (find balance in the force)
    * Starter Planet for Jedi Knight & Jedi Consular

Ord Mantell

* Starter Planet for Smuggler & Trooper
    * The planet is embroiled in civil war
    * The planet contains mainly Saltwater seas and Islands

Belsavis

* Prison world maintained by the Republic
    * The ancient prison was constructed by the Rakatan Empire
    * Ice Covered with Small Pockets of Volcanic Temperate Zones
    * Some sort of a Dungeon called 'The Tomb' located on this planet.

Dromund Kaas

* Capital of the Sith Empire.
    * Home to the Emperor and his Dark Council, is a planet consumed with dark side energy.

Korriban

* Starter Planet for Sith Warrior & Sith Inquisitor
    * Red, rocky desert planet
    * Original home world of the Sith

Hutta

* Starter Planet for Bounty Hunter & Imperial Agent
    * Swamps and Industrial wasteland

Balmorra

* Republic forces are supporting the local resistance on this planet.
    * The planet is Occupied by the Empire

Nar Shaddaa <--- New

* Vast cityscape, ranging from neon towers to squalid dens
    * Many corporations conduct testing on Nar Shaddaa.

Alderaan - Warzone area on Planet (PvP)

* Alderaan is a mix of landscapes from Snow capped peaks to rolling plains to Forests
    * Several of Alderaan?s noble houses are battling for the throne in a brutal civil war
    * Tatooine

* The planet's surface consists mainly of Seas of Sand and Rock
    * Ex Czerka Corp mined planet. Imperial presence on planet

Taris

* Taris is a post-apocalyptic planet with plague infested swamps
    * Mention of 'vertical' enviroment aspects that maybe similar to Coruscant where you have different levels of the planet to explore - Dev Dispatch Video (Taris)

Voss

* Covered in golden forests, Voss is home to both the Voss, a peaceful mystic species, and the Gormak, a species with an amazing affinity for technology.
    * Nightmare Lands & Forbidden Space are areas on or around Voss.

Hoth

* Frozen desolate wasteland terrain
    * Littered with wreckage from a major battle of what's called the Great War.

* Possible dozens of planets in game - Gamespot TOR 2008

Characters/Classes:

For Released Classes Visit here: Classes
    For information on what Advanced Classes are Visit here: Advanced

Jedi Knight - INFO

* Based on 'Mace Windu' and 'Anakin Skywalker'. Lightsaber focused with some Force powers - Bioware
    * Abilities include: Force Push, Saber Throw, Impale and Blaster Deflection - Holonet
    * Has an ability similar to the SW when he can leap into combat - Combat Dev. Vid.
    * Jedi Knight uses force points similar to that of the Sith Warrior to charge up the special moves - PC Gamer Jan 2010
    * Quote: The Jedi knight can fill a couple of roles in combat. In one-on-one combat, the Jedi knight is practically unmatched in melee power - Gamespot "Jedi Knight"
    * Players who enjoy fast melee combat will identify with this class - Gamespot "Jedi Knight"
    * Quote: At its core, the Jedi knight is about getting into battle as quickly as possible, dominating the fight and protecting allies - Gamespot "Jedi Knight"
    * Double Bladed Lightsabers shown on Holonet for Jedi. - Holonet (Outfitting)

Jedi Consular - INFO

* Quote: "The key element of the Consular?s story i

2. Lord Tuvitor

Lord Tuvitor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    Very nice compilation. This thread should be stickied.

3. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    Is there any information out there regarding system requirements...even if just speculation?

4. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    According to Bioware they plan that "most PCs" can run the game, otherwise it has been said that if your computer can run today's major MMOs well, it can run TOR too. So it's very vague.

5. Darth_Kevin

Aug 30, 2001
    Yeah, "most PCs" is not very useful. I believe I saw that comment too. My machine is 3 years old now, and I really only use it for web browsing and email 90% of the time. I really want to play TOR, but I don't want to get a new machine right away either.

6. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    At one con - Gamescom? - SWTOR was supposedly played in Alienware's laptops. There's of course big differences in their laptops, but at least that could give an upper limit on what are needed to run TOR on maximum settings.

7. Darth_Kevin

Aug 30, 2001
    Those Alienware laptops are quite pricey.

8. JasperMereel_

JasperMereel_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2006
    Now is your ship fully customizable? Can you pretty much fix it up as you see fit?

9. Darth_Kevin

Aug 30, 2001
    I assume it should be fine with a 64-bit operating system, correct?

10. JediMasterFisher

JediMasterFisher Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2010
    I have Windows 7 running on a macbook pro with a pretty good video driver so I don't believe ill have a problem playing TOR.

11. Raxacoricofallapatorius

Raxacoricofallapatorius Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 20, 2010
    Are we able to beat the game or do they add more stuff? I think it would be more fun if there is constantly more being added.

12. Salty

Salty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 24, 1998
    The game won't end since it's an MMO. The original game will probably have a raid that launches with an end boss you can beat. Some of the updates will launch with raids as well with end bosses you can beat. The game is never over though as long as the servers are turned on.

13. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    About running the game on poor computers - every MMO I've ever tried has had adjustable graphics. That means, if you want it to run smoothly on an older computer you can just turn down the graphics. Obviously the game wouldn't appear as beautiful when playing, but it's not like you're used to that anyways if you're playing on an ancient beast. It would run smooth though.

14. Salty

Salty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 24, 1998
    Sometimes I actually prefer to play on lower settings, especially when raiding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.