main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social OPEN A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes - [A Seasonal Disney RPG]

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Corellian_Outrider, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    [​IMG]

IC: The Boys are Back in Town (Jack and the Mayor)

Out of the fog, two figures were having a lively chat as they strolled up Royal Street.

"I must say Jack! This is a brilliant find!" piped the Mayor, his cheery face on.

"I know, isn't it just dreadful" replied Jack. "Look at how delightfully spooky everything is."

He waved his long hand to a nearby cobwebbed balcony, its rod-iron twisted and ancient. "I can almost see the ghastly faces worked into that fine rod iron!"

The mayor looked around. "Do you fancy this is whole place is empty Jack?" His face flipped to distressed. "I'm not a great at fighting after all!"

"There there Mayor" Jack said, his boney smile shining down on the small man. "Anyone who chooses to live in such a marvelously decorated place couldn't be hostile to us! We'd be three of a kind after all."

"I suppose that's true" the Mayor said, flipping his face to its happy grin. "Lets see what else is around"

The two... men.... continued down the streets of the dark and twisted New Orleans Square, perfectly content. They stopped to peer in windows and admire the sights as they passed them.

"Jack..." said the mayor as they approached a fog-covered and dark Rivers of America. "Did Dr. Finklestein ever say where this was?"

"He said he would be looking into that Mayor." Jack said, slowing down as they approached the railing on the water's edge. "All he told me was that a strange orange portal opened up in his lab. Orange... like a giant Jack o' Lantern. Using some of his equipment, he was able to keep it open to allow us to go through. Frankly I thought it may have been another holiday. Or a second Halloween town, wouldn't that wonderful!"

The mayor's face flipped to distress as he peered through the bars of the fence. He was a little too short to see over them. "But we saw that the portal closed behind us! We can't get back home!"

Jack patted the man on his springy hat. "Now now Mayor. The doctor could keep the portal open long enough for us to go through. I'm sure he'll be able to open it again soon enough. We'll just need to go back to that quaint little railroad station we started off at. In the meanwhile, try to have some fun! This ghoulishly spooky atmosphere is giving me such wonderful ideas for next Halloween!"

"Well...." said the mayor, his face slowly flipping back to happy. "That is true, but..."

"Oh! Look over there!" Jack said, pointing down the shoreline. There stood a stately and positively foreboding manor, shrouded in fog. Lightning cracked and thunder bellowed, as though the building itself had a private thunderstorm. "That has to be the residence of this town's mayor. Only a person of highest esteem could afford to live in such a magnificent place. Lets go and introduce ourselves."

"Good idea Jack!" the mayor said, scooting after the enthusiastic Pumpkin King.

TAG: Foolish Mortals...

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
  2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003

IC Merida
    Fantasyland

The bird appeared, it was bigger than those from home but she was not afraid of it as she lifted her bow and drew the string back to her knockpoint. "Get behind me" She warned Rapunzel as the bird landed before them. A swirl of blue light whipped around and the bird changed into a man, his long white beard swirled along with his robes as he fell claiming the ground was moving.

"Th' ground insae movin`, yer! Wha urr ye 'n' whaur ur we?" She asked hoping the old man knew where they were at least, she did not lower her weapon.

TAG @E. L.Knight @Corellian_Outrider

OOC for those who are confused.... I don't speak Scottish.... ;)

3. E. L.Knight

E. L.Knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2012
    Merlin
    Fantasyland

"Th' ground insae movin`, yer! Wha urr ye 'n' whaur ur we?"

Merlin looked at the woman with the bow, astounded.

"Now you listen here, missy, you put that bow away. There is no need to for violence."

He looked around and sort of shuffled about slightly. "Hmm...I have been someplace similar before. Not nearly as dreary in the 21st century.

"Where are the two of you from?"
    TAG: @Adalia-Durron, @Corellian_Outrider

4. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Merida
    Fantasyland

She eyed the man, slowly lowering her bow and the draw but leaving the arrow nocked. "A'm fae bonny Scootlund 'n' if ye hae bin 'ere afore. Whaur is 'ere?" She was confused about his mention of the 21st Century, she lived in tenth Century. The thought of there being another eleven centuries to come and this man had seen them. Then it occured to her. Was this the 21st Century?

TAG @Corellian_Outrider @E. L.Knight

5. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    IC Daken and ????
    The Castle’s Moat

Chuckling again, Daken began cutting through the vegetation deeper in the moat. The slick surfaces that lead down he made sure to watch his footing on, especially in these stupid shoes. The glow ahead of him got incrementally brighter as he inched closer.

“Damn, it’s rank in here. You better not have the same scent when I get to you or I’m going to toss you in one of the fountains around here.” he muttered.

"Hey I heard that!"
    The voice was closer, and spoke with quite a rapid pace, almost tumbling over its words.
    In no time at all, Daken would be able to see a lizard creature, small and red, caught in the thorns. Its tail thrashed in the water, kicking up drops.
    "Comon, comon, help a pal out, huh?"

There was another puff and the creature snorted a little ball of fire, trying to burn away some of the plant matter.

[​IMG]

Daken stopped and laughed. That was all he could do in the situation.

He stared at the creature before him, “Seriously!!! I get disappeared in a flash of blue while sandwiched between twins, get stuck in this ridiculous getup, and now a talking lizard?!?”
    He took another step forward and cleared the plants from around the little red lizard, then held out a hand.
    “Fine, fine, but there better be a damned good explanation for all this.”

"Lizard? Liz-ard?!!"
    The creature screeched in indignation.
    "I am a drag-on! D-r-a-g-o-n! You look at me the wrong way and I will end you! I could eat you up in two tight snaps." It stated confidently, as it climbed onto the outstretched hand. It eyed Draken's hair.
    "And what are you supposed to be, pony boy?"

Daken laughed, all while trying not to move his arm much so the ‘dragon’ didn’t fall off. “Dra….dragon?!? Pull the other leg, why don’t you? If you’re a dragon I’m the ruler of Sokovia.”
    Another chuckle as the humor died down, “I’m Daken.” His voice had stilled somewhat and the smile on his face, even in the midst of laughing hadn’t changed expression, almost as eerie as the cold, ‘dead’ eyes of a reptile. “Mutant, loner, and many other things, little whatever you are.”

“I’m Mushu. You should feel privileged to even catch sight of me, I'll have you know, I am a very important Fa family guardian. I'm high up in the ranks. They’re all like ‘Mushu, save us, you’re the only one strong enough to keep Mulan safe, even the great stone dragon can’t compare to your powerfulness, your indestructibility.” The dragon prattled on, with animated gestures. "You ever heard of Fa Mulan? I helped her save all of China from the Huns.” It paused, as if waiting for recognition or acknowledgement.

Daken shook his head, “Nope, never heard of you. And I think a dragon saving all of China would have made the books.”
    He slowly made his way back up the sides of the moat, grasping deepset plants to keep from slipping, until they were out of the space. Brushing his hands on the pants, he gazed around. A sly smile crossed his face as he saw a relatively clean fountain not too far away.

Striding over, he held the ‘dragon’ covered hand over the cleanest portion. “Ok ‘great guardian’ if you’re travelling with me, you need that bath. I can’t smell anything but wet, dead plant covered lizard right now and we may need that sniffer if anything comes at us.”

"Hey, you be careful who you're dunking! You'll void your warranty!"
    Mushu shot up Daken's arm and attempted to hide behind his head, but his reflexes were too quick for the dragon to evade, and it found itself dropped unceremoniously into the fountain. It splashed about, much like a cat that has fallen in a bath.
    "Okay okay, very funny, jokes over." It swam to the side and crawled out, proceeding to tip a large amount of water out of each ear. "I really don't get the appeal of this hygiene stuff." He ran up Daken's arm and sat on his head, his tail draped down the human's neck.

“When your companion has a nose more sensitive than a bloodhound’s, hygiene is important.” Daken muttered as the creature ran up his arm. It wasn’t too much better, but at least he could smell other things again, now. When Mushu reached his head, “Watch the hair or I’ll see how fried guardian tastes.” Glancing around, he could see what appeared to be an elevated railway in the near distance, “Think we can get a better feel for the size of this place, and see who else is around, up there.”
    "Daken and Mushu! On the job!"
    The dragon stood up and shaded its eyes with its hand, looking for anything or anybody interesting nearby.

Tags: @darthbernael + Anyone else!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
  6. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Logan
    Galaxy’s Edge Cantina

Logan followed Nat, looking around, but she seemed to know where she was headed. When she paused, he waited, turning to keep his glance behind them. At her comment, he turned again and followed her inside.

A sigh as he took a look around. He’d been in similar establishments, many times over the years and it certainly had the feel of a down at the heels bar. Not to mention the overwhelming perfume of alcohol.

The biggest difference was the technology, or hint of it, that appeared all over the place. And a robot DJ. He snorted, wondering if it worked as well as a jukebox, or if one had to kick it to make it work.

An amused smile met Nat’s similar one as he looked up. “Beers, many of them, I think we’ll need, to sort this out.”

Then turned and headed toward the bar.

TAG: @Corellian_Outrider

7. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    ~IC~ Rapunzel

The arrival of the blue eagle was clearly a sign of things to come. Rapunzel had never seen one so... blue before. She cupped Pascal in her hands to keep him safe from the avian predator. Merida was certainly quick with her bow as she instructed Rapunzel to get behind her.

Before she could do so, the bird changed before them... She certainly had not expected it to morph into an elderly gentleman, sporting a long white beard and robes of blue.

Her brow furrowed. It couldn’t be... she had seen something similar before but was he doing this at his own free will or some enchantment gave him those wings?

Pascal’s head poked out through a gap between her fingers and she loosened her hold on him. He climbed out and return to her shoulder while Merida confronted the man.

What did he mean about the 21st Century? He asked them where they came from, Merida answered first. The answer was not quite what Rapunzel expected. Scotland? DunBroch is part of Scotland? She had never met anyone that far before. Things were making more sense about where Merida came from and the accent.

It was her turn to answer.

“The Kingdom of Corona...” Rapunzel answered cautiously afterwards. The man was vague about where they were... was he lost too? “I do have a few questions if you don’t mind us asking... Who are you? Where did you come from? How did you turn into an eagle?”

TAG: @Adalia-Durron, @E. L.Knight

8. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Merida
    Fantasyland

Merida glanced over her shoulder at the woman making sure she was protected. Despite what the man said, she was not about to return her arrow to her quiver. She turned back to the man awaiting his answers, and maybe a way out of this mess. It wasn't a nightmare, not yet.

TAG @Corellian_Outrider @E. L.Knight

OOC kinda superfluous post but I wanted to put this up, Outrider and I had no idea, but seems there is a whole lot of these on the net! :eek:
    [​IMG]

9. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012
    Merlin
    Fantasyland

“The Kingdom of Corona. I do have a few questions if you don’t mind us asking... Who are you? Where did you come from? How did you turn into an eagle?”

He looked at the two young women as if they were unintelligent.

"Why, magic of course!" He scoffed.

It wasn't their fault. Most people didn't believe in magic. It had certainly taken him time to convince Arthur and Camelot he was a wizard.

"Now, as for where we are. It looks as if it's a place neither of you would know or understand....."

He could sense something wasn't right here.

"I'm not so sure this is even where I've been before...something isn't right..."

10. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Merida.
    Fantasyland

"But whaur ur we? an' what's wrang wi' thes place?" Merida asked again. He'd not really answered hers or Rapunzels questions at all. "Sae ye a Sorcerer?" She asked with wide eyes. Her parents and herself were great believers in the powers of magic. To meet a real man of magic was a thrill for her.

11. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Daken
    Monorail

A short walk later, the ‘dragon’ still standing on his head, a slight grimace as the creature used his mohawk as ‘reins’ of sorts to hold onto, they approached the railway. There was a gate, chained shut that stood before a stairway, up to the rail itself.

A quick slash of his claws and the chain dropped free, cut through like butter. “Ahh good to have something to swing at, but not quite the same feel as combat.” he muttered.

Mounting the stairs, they reached the platform. Arched windows covered the station, some grimy, some clear, some shattered or broken. Moving up, stepping through the shards of glass, he approached one of the paneless windows.

Eyes, senses reaching out he scanned the park, trying to sense any other presences.

“Hey, ‘dragon’,” the slight sarcasm tinged the word, “see anyone else out there? Or anything to eat?”

TAG: @darthhelinith, Anyone else

12. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    ~IC~ Rapunzel

"Why, magic of course!" The strange man had said. "Now, as for where we are. It looks as if it's a place neither of you would know or understand... I'm not so sure this is even where I've been before...something isn't right..."

If anything Rapunzel’s recent travels had taught her, there are different types of magic and enchantments. It was too soon to judge this so called Sorcerer but they would have to be cautious. Some were conniving, some were benevolent, some swung either way. This one was perplexing. She could not really tell anything maleficent about him, though something was definitely odd. Rapunzel gave a curious glance to Pascal while Merida, on the other hand sounded thrilled about a magic wielder in their presence. The cryptic answers from the man had lead the other Princess to ask again where they were. Maybe they should move from this wooded section.

“If something isn’t right, maybe we should seek answers.” Rapunzel suggested. “We were going to see if we could find someone who might be able to help. Would you like to come with us?”

TAG: @Adalia-Durron, @E. L.Knight

pashatemur and darthbernael like this.
  13. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012
    Merlin
    Fantasyland

"But whaur ur we? an' what's wrang wi' thes place? Sae ye a Sorcerer?"

"Wizard actually. My name is Merlin. This.." He gestured around. "Is an amusement park. In North America."

He was peering around curiously, hoping he could find some cluses as to why everything felt so...dark.

“If something isn’t right, maybe we should seek answers.” Rapunzel suggested. “We were going to see if we could find someone who might be able to help. Would you like to come with us?”

"Quite right, young lady, we definitely should seek out answers, and traveling together seems the best option for the moment. Right then! Let us be on our way!"

He wasn't sure where they should go, but from what he remembered there was a building that housed information desks and staff who could help. That would probably be best to start.

"I remember there is a building with staff who are very helpful. Let's head that way, shall we?"

pashatemur and darthbernael like this.
  14. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Merida
    Fantasyland

"North 'merica? where's in th' seven glens is 'at?" Merida muttered with a scowl. She'd never heard of such a place, it must be across the great sea. She listened from this point, deciding to let wiser heads guide her but all the while keeping her bow and arrow at the ready. She had to be ready for anything.

15. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Who Else?
    On the Other Side

A shadow detaches from a wall, spirits across the floor, appearing no different than the ordinary darkness attached to the soles of feet.

It jumps, and flitters, skirting and always freezing when a gaze falls upon it.

Nobody ever counts the shadows.

But count?

That's what they always do.

Count, count, count...

... and collect.

What is this other side, I wonder?

Another side, another story?

[​IMG]

TAG: Nobody Per Se

16. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    ~IC~ Black Widow

As Logan went to the bar, Nat walked amongst some of the patrons. Either they were all staff members setting the scene or the visitors were really into it and role playing... some of the aliens look... real. Could it be real? They were mostly weird and wonderful and downright bizarre.

One patron, red skinned and with horns on their head like a devil, called out to her. “How about you sit down have a drink with me, red?”

“No thanks, not today.” She continued on, ignoring the laughter.

“Aww, why not?” He called out, waving his hand in an inebriated manner. “Afraid of getting close?”

She moved on as some bizarre rendition of big band swing started up at the DJ Droid corner. Something caught her eye. At one booth sat a man, dressed in vest and shirt who looked handsome, a young Harrison Ford look to him.
    [​IMG]

“You look a little lost.” He said to her.

She gave him a wary look. “I’m just passing through.”

“That makes both of us.” He smirked as he casually leaned back. “I can tell that look about you.”

“Oh yeah?” She stepped closer to the booth. “What look is that?”

“Someone who doesn’t belong here.” The man said. “I don’t belong here either.”

The way the man said it made Nat curious. “What do you mean?”

“I was minding my business, then somehow I end up at this backwater dump. Blackspire Outpost. There’s a wanna be Empire group calling themselves the First Order, their troopers are patrolling the streets seeking a resistance spy.” He shook his head as though the whole thing was crazy to him. “Bunch of amateurs. You have to be careful out there without the right pass. What’s your story?”

“About the same, one moment with company and the next...” Nat shrugged, then looked to Logan and signalled him that she had a potential lead. She looked back to the man. He took his feet off the seating opposite him and she took the invitation to sit down. “Who are you?”

“Han Solo. I’m Captain of the Millennium Falcon. And you are... miss?”

Nat laughed. This had to be play acting, right?

The man called Solo looked perplexed and sat up. “Hey... care to let me in on the joke?”

Nat pursed her lips and shook her head. “This is cute. Very impressive acting. I heard that name before and he doesn’t exist.”

“Not all stories are true, sweetheart.” He scoffed. “Don’t believe everything you hear.”

Nat crinkled her nose and smiled, maybe this was a dead end. She rose to her feet. “Thank you for your time, Mr Solo.”

“Captain Solo...” he shook his head bemused. “...word of advice, be careful out there. Devaronians are temperamental at the best of times.”

“I can handle myself.” She assured him, unsure what he meant by that.

She felt a strong grip on her shoulder, she turned to face that devil looking person person. She looked back to Solo and he moved his hand casually under the table and tossed a wink.

“Red!” That devil looking man pulled her around to face him. “I told you to sit with-Ahhh.”

She gripped his wrist at the pressure point, forcing him to let go. She spun around to behind him, twisting the arm behind his back before slamming his face at the corner frame of the booth’s lounge. She applied some pressure to his arm and head, her legs blocked him from kicking free.

“That’s not very gentleman like... when a lady says ‘no’ it means ‘no’”

“Okay okay... I’m-“ it burped loudly then whimpered as she added more pressure. “-sorry.”

“I’d go home if I were you. You’ve had enough to drink. Understood?”

The devil looking person nodded and then sighed as she let go of him. he backed away then turned and fled.

“Impressive.” Solo chuckled. “I could have shot him for you.”

“And I could have snapped his neck.” She countered. “Excessive force isn’t always the way.”

Solo nodded to the doorway. “Looks like you might get a chance to prove that.”

She looked where he indicated and saw six white armoured soldiers had entered the cantina. Their rifles held as though they meant business. One trooper pointed at her position and ordered “Search them!”

TAG: @darthbernael

17. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    [Warning]
    [Crashing on planet Eey-arth]

The red starship careened and tumbled out of the sky. The hull erupted into sickly green flames. Alarms in the cockpit were blaring, sparks shot out of the console. Outside the world spun.

The tops of trees were levelled as the ship ploughed through before crashing behind a hill.

The eerie green flames flared up and smoke waffled from the wreckage. A small figure scurried out and climbed the rim of the small crater. Backlit by the embers, it was short in stature, with four arms, long ears and antenna. It surveyed the surroundings, speaking in an alien dialect before laughing maniacally at the sky.

[​IMG]

It then scurried off into the shrubbery.

TAG: All who witnessed the crash... Experiment 626 is on the loose

???
    Clinging to the wreckage

It came from space...

Black ooze dripped off one of the hull debris in tendrils of stickiness, where it then hit the ground and trailed off away from the heat of the flames. The way it moved was sentient as it collected together to be whole mass of goop.

It slithered and pulled itself up and out of the crater... seeking a host.

TAG: No one just yet

18. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Logan
    Galaxy’s Edge Cantina

Logan sauntered up to the bar, looking around as he did, an amused smile on his face. Many mutants would probably feel at home in a place like this and never feel put upon, with all the costumes and characters here.

Reaching the bar he glanced at the bartender, then waited for the relatively human looking man to show up.

“No smoking, buddy.” the man said as he hooked a thumb at the sign behind the bar, the ubiquitous white shield, with the red ring and a red line across the cigarette in the middle.

He looked up at it, a frown and a raised eyebrow then put out his cigar on the heel of one boot. “A whisky and the bottle.” he said flatly.

Turning and gazing around the room as he waited, he had to chuckle as he saw Nat have to deal with some devil looking creature near the bar. He kept his gaze roaming, so many different people in and out of costume. However some of the scents he picked up on were decidedly not human. Which was odd.

He caught a motion out of the corner of his eye, Nat gesturing him over. The bartender arrived with the whisky so he took the bottle by the neck and started wandering in her direction. Whoever she was talking to may be more open to her if he took his time.

And then he got to enjoy the show as she showed off the skills she’d picked up over many years in dealing with the drunk devil. A chuckle escaped as he closed on her.

And then the doors slammed open to the cantina and six armed people, in what seemed like plastic armor. They pointed out Nat and he frowned. As the troopers moved through the cantina, he grasped the neck of the bottle, not yet willing to let his claws slip out.

“Nat….” he called out, his voice rumbling.

Moving in closer, he got close enough to almost jostle the troopers, lifting the bottle and taking a swig, as he took on a drunkard's gait.

"Bub, watch where you point that thing, I'm not interested." He slurred as his hand reached down, swiping at the barrel of the weapon near his leg, an apparently halfhearted attempt to swat a fly. A subtle grin flitted across his face as, when it was out of sight, one claw flashing out and sliced through the end of the barrel, cutting off the last couple centimeters of it.

19. pashatemur

pashatemur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 21, 2004
    [​IMG]

IC: Colette Tatou and Remy 'Little Chef'

“Ah, Remy! We ‘ave’gone the wrong way, again! Alberto will h’arrive home before’us. The cake, he’s not complete!” Colette said breathlessly and in frustration, pedaling the rickety bicycle faster. “We should not’ave taken Alberto’s bike. With’im on the moped, he’s sure to get there soon.”

She shook her head. Colette so wanted to give Alberto a rest after the hard day they put in. He would close the cafe while she and Remy would head home and decorate the apartment before Alberto returned home. Now, the plan seemed it was likely to fall flat.

Remy looked about in consternation. Colette was right. They were truly turned around. Road work on all of there usual routes had closed them and the detours had turned them all around. He looked up to her from the basket attached to the handlebars of the bike. “Alright! Alright! Let’s not panic!”

“Hey, I’m not panicked! I’m ...eh, emphatic!” said Colette, shrugging and looking about the small dark street. “I think we’ar in the Marais,” she mused, trying to get her bearings. “You’d think h’afterre six years living’ere in Paris, I would know my way!” she said, shivering, adding an “Oof!” It was a chilly fall night and a mist was gathering all around the lamp posts and alleyways of the heart of the ‘City of Lights.’ Yet, with the pandemic still on, the streets could be eerily quiet, even as people had begun to venture out, after so many months cooped up in their homes.

Remy smiled and shrugged, but he too found it cold and looked forward to their cozy little apartment, a warm potage of leeks and potatoes and a crust of bread with some pierre robert! They passed a little bar, it’s frosted windows filled with a warm amber glow. Inside, humans were enjoying some charcuteries and spirits. Nose quivering, Remy placed his paws on the front of the basket and sniffed the air as they careened down the winding street. “Ho Ho! Marché des Enfants Rouges,” he said gesturing to their right. “And up there and to our left is the Île de la Cité!”

“Ow do you know ‘dat?” asked Collette, her brow furrowed and looking down to the “Little Chef.”

Remy laughed and said, pointing to his nose, “The nose always knows! I can smell the flowers from the market! Just keep on -WHOA!...”

The bright lights rounded the curve and before either Colette or Remy knew what had happened both of them went sprawling across the cobble stones along with their bag of vegetables, and Colette’s canvas satchel.

“Hey, are you alright,” said several English speakers, whose faces were hidden in their own shadows as the hurried to help Colette up from the street.

Remy fared a little better and would have scampered up to Colette but humans didn’t exactly respond the best to his sudden appearances.

At first, Colette heard the voices-male-as if underwater and she squeezed her eyes and rubbed her head. “Ahhh!” she cried softly and reached for her neatly tied satchel of chef’s knives hoping they weren’t bent or the edges ruined.

“Hey,” said one voice softly, “You hit your head when you fell. Come and sit down, we’ll get you some water.” The man sported a mop of soft golden curls and had a pretty comely face but for a clearly long ago broken nose.”

“Ma bicyclette!” she said pointing and then called softly and concerned, “Remy...eh, Remy! Where’ar you?”

The young man asked as he lifted her from the street, “Remy? There’s no one else here. Are you sure you’re...”

Interrupting, Colette said, “Yes, E’is my ...my pet rat!”

“Sure, sure,” Gil said a little dubiously and then answered someone in a dark colored vintage rolls royce who asked after the lady’s state. “Yes, she’s a little disoriented.” Then the blond haired man said pointing to the man getting out of the car, “I’m Gil, by the way, and this is my friend Ernest.”

Remy stepped cautiously into the light. “Great, now I have play stupid rat!” He squeaked half-heartedly and let Colette scoop him up.

“Yes,” said the larger man, “I”m Ernest, Ernest Hemmingway! Come inside and we’ll take care of you.” he continued, watching with a raised brow as she poured Remy into her backpack. He gave Gil a look over her head as he leaned down, grabbed the bicycle and placed it at the door of the bar/cafe.

The group was saluted with a toast. Clearly these men were well known by the denizens.

It wasn’t long before a friend, a doctor, gave her a quick exam and once over. “You’re well enough young lady. No sign of concussion, but perhaps we should send you home in a cab.”

“Yes, I’ll call for a taxi and pay for you and the rat to ride home,” said Hemmingway crowding out Gil and the Doctor. “...Or,” he said, “Or, you’re welcome to come along with Gil and me. The Fiztgerald’s are holding a party, you can be our guests and afterward, I’ll take you home.”

Colette almost snickered. They had to be pulling her leg. Maybe this was some American Halloween party and the big guy was going as the famous American writer. She looked to Gil sideways and noted he was giving Ernest a sideways glance.

“No, no, no, I ‘ave’another party to attend.” said Colette standing, but feeling a little unsteady.

“Hey! Whoa, there! Maybe you ought to at least take us up on the cab,” said Gil, taking her arm.

“We should give you and escort there,” said Hemmingway.

Colette put up a hand, “No, no, thank you so much, but I’ave to go.” she insisted.

Remy had been watching all of this with chagrin and began to insert his own comments as this debate went back and forth for another 10 minutes, but no one paid attention to him.

Finally, they were on their way once more with a promise that Colette would give Gil a call and she left him a card with her name and the cafe’s email.

Colette took the newly reclaimed queue along the Seine, as they’d have a faster and unimpeded path that way. For Remy, it brought back memories. He remarked upon how now, not only Alberto could understand him, but Colette too, and it had been what he considered a short time for them to learn. He’d been so engrossed in his thoughts, he hadn’t noticed how the blueish mist had turned to a deep fog.

What brought it to his attention was the fact that Colette was pedaling more slowly now and had come to a stop as the fog was so dense she could hardly see her hand in front of her. “Remy?” she said quietly and looked around at the blanket of fog that seemed to wrap around them.

“Uh huh?,” replied Remy a little spooked.

“I can’t tell where is the river and where the queue,” she stepped off the bike and walked it alongside her, feeling her way. They were on an incline, a subtle rise and then a decline. Then they seemed to cross some old rail tracks. Colette could feel them under her sneakers. This was very strange, indeed!

She turned to look behind them, feeling certain someone had just passed from one side to the other. Colette shivered. A loud fog horn blared and she jumped as she saw the looming gray shadow of a large and fully loaded ship gliding to their right on the unseen river. She hadn’t remembered turning away from the Seine and even so, her turn would have been in the opposite direction, otherwise, she should be walking on the surface of the Seine right now.

Quietly, Remy said, “I don’t think we’re in Paris anymore, Colette,” his nose and whiskers working.

The fog swirled with the touch of a breeze that lighted from the river. “It sure doesn’t smell like Paris...oysters...hum...dark roux....,” said Remy, sniffing the air with all his might. "Maybe a little bit...but somethings very different!"

“Where’ar we?” whispered Colette in consternation and just as she voiced the question, the fog seemed to part. To her left, a shoulder’s length away, stood a blue sign with white letters, which she read aloud, “Vieux...Carré...”

TAG: Open

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  20. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    ~IC~ Black Widow

Logan’s act was enough to divert some of the soldier’s focus away from herself. Natasha armed her ‘bite’, the weaponised bracelets on her wrists, and shot a taser disc at two of the nearest troopers then dived away from the booth. Blue arcing electricity crackled on their white armour before they dropped and writhed on the floor.

“Blast her!”

A shot was fired.

She felt the heat of a red bolt of energy sizzle past and impact on the wall behind her. A moment of disbelieve as half vaporised pieces dusted her. It’s real? Their rifles are real?

She bounced back to her feet as another shot hit where she once was. Then she pounced for the next trooper....

TAG: @darthbernael

21. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    Mushu
    Monorail

Daken mentioned food and Mushu's stomach audibly rumbled.
    "I could go for hoisen duck with fluffy white rice an-What in all the great guardians is that?!"
    Mushu's jaw dropped to Daken's head, as something red blazed by in a cloud of flames and green smoke. There was a crash 3 seconds later, from behind some buildings in a wooded area.

"Well I ain't sure I even wanna explore that." He looked around.
    "There's a sort of train track in that direction... and a mountain? Over there." He pointed, confused. Something was definitely off about that mountain.

@darthbernael
    (+anyone else)

22. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Daken
    Monorail

The roaring ball of flame flew overhead, shaking the panes in their frames. The crash shook the woods and a wind roared by. He could hear the crackle of flame from here but his companion didn’t seem inclined to explore it.

Shrugging, he turned his attention to the direction Mushu had pointed. Letting his eyes look deeper at it he knew it had to be artificial. “That’s no mountain, at least not a real one.”

He looked at the tracks and the directions they head and the ‘dragon’ was right, they did seem to head roughly in that direction. Turning, he kneeled down carefully and felt the rail, there was no feel of vibration which could be good or bad.

Shrugging again, he set off as a loping run, along the narrow bend of rail, toward the mountain.

TAGS: @darthhelinith, Anyone else

-----

IC Logan
    Galaxy’s Edge Cantina

As Nat moved, so did Logan. A huge grin crossed his face as the one trooper tried to fire at him and the weapon failed to operate. “Tough luck, bub.” He maliciously taunted and then smashed the bottle of whisky over the armored head. It made a very satisfying thud and the man dropped.

He ducked quickly as a blaster bolt similar to the one shot at Nat sizzled toward him. The heat bloom at its close passage popped the stitches along the shoulder seam, as the leather hardened and cracked.

“Big mistake, that’s my favorite coat.”

His claws flashed out and he swept the leg of the second trooper as they were taking bead on him again, flats of his claws toward their legs. As they went over onto their back he retracted the claws and punched, hard, against the chestplate, hearing a satisfying crunch as it broke and the gasping moan as the being inside had the air knocked from their lungs, besides the newly cracked ribs.

Coming to his feet, the claws on both hands flashed out as a bolt went right through his chest. Sighing, looking down, he shook his head as his flesh reknit. “Even bigger mistake, Jean gave me this shirt.”

And then he launched himself, claws first toward the next trooper.

23. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    OOC: GM Approved

IC: Jack, the Mayor, the Ghost Host, and the Hat Box Ghost

Location: The Gates of the Haunted Mansion (Disneyland Variant)

Not far from Colette and Remy, a crowd of spooky and peculiar individuals was beginning to gather at the gates of the Haunted Mansion.

"Hello there!" Jack shouted, waving his arms, grinning widely. He and the mayor were striding up to two dashing specters who seemed to be having a conversation with each other in front of the massive gates of the spooky manor. One carried with him a large hatchet and had a noose around his neck. The other, a box of some kind.

"Do you think they're the owners of this mansion?" the mayor inquired. "What are they doing outside?"

The two ghouls turned to view the strangers. They didn't look too happy at the moment. Not angry, but.... serious and concerned.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

"Who are you guys?" the ghost with the box asked. His voice was rasped like sandpaper.

Jack was un-phased. He liked these two fellows. They reminded him of friends from Halloween Town.

"Name is Jack Skellington sir, pleasure to meet you." he said, issuing a bow. "And this is my friend here, the Mayor of Halloweentown."

The mayor gave a little wave, keeping his happy face on. "Happy to meet you fellows. This is a wonderful mansion of yours!"

The other man, twirled his hatchet in his grip. His voice was deep and sonorous.

"Hmmm. It was ours, or at least... we cared for it." He turned to the gate. "But something is wrong with it. We are locked out, the gate will not budge."

Jack looked at the lock, and then to the mansion.

"Nothing appears to be wrong with it. Its a wonderfully dark and foreboding place!"

The Ghost Host gave a dark chuckle.

"Yes it is. Wall to wall creeps. Hot and cold running chills. But.... its currently a little too dark I'm afraid."

He looked at the two creatures, and knew from their confused faces he'd need to explain.

"You see my friends, I'm the main caretaker of this... establishment. I'm know as the host.... the ghost host. My friend here, the Hatbox Ghost, helps me oversee this establishment."

He turned to face the mansion, still talking. His eyes squinted.

"This mansion is no ordinary haunted house. It was designed to be a balance... a scale if you will. It was built, from the foundation up, to both scare and delight. To walk the middle ground between terror and comedy. Not... unlike Halloween actually."

The Ghost Host turned back to face Jack and Mayor, and took a step towards them.

"But the balance is broken now. Fright has replaced fun. The mansion is gripped by a dark power. A power that's feeding its the mansion's own worst instincts."

As if to agree, a crack of lightning and a low rolling thunder bellowed through the air.

[​IMG]

"I'm afraid we were the only two that made it out. 997 not-so-happy haunts, now slaves to the entity. Including The Bride."

The Hatbox Ghost grimaced. "And she can be cranky, even on a good day."

Jack frowned. Although he loved what the... entity.... did to the place, he knew evil could also reside within the dark and scary. That no account Oogie Boogie was proof of that. He and Mayor had to help.

"That's horrible. I'm so sorry to hear your home has been invaded!" said Jack. "Well, how to we defeat this creature then?"

"Unfortunately, we don't know" replied the Host. The spook signed. "It came without warning and said not a word. When we fought against it, its inky tentacles just wrapped around us, and literally threw us out. Not all of us made it."

The Hatbox ghost took off his hat and put it over his chest with a frown. "Poor Leota" he said simply.

"The only thing I can volunteer is that what happened here is likely linked to all this," said the ghost host, as he gestured towards New Orleans square. "Our "neighborhood" did not always look this way."

"What do you mean?" inquired the Mayor, as he flipped his face to its unhappy side.

"This used to be a frightfully unlivable place." the ghost host responded. "Full of bright colors, laughter, warmth. Smells of mortal foods, an aura of joy and happiness. We generally tried to avoid going outside the manor because of it."

"When we were tossed out, I thought we were going to die.... again!" rasped the Hatbox Ghost.

"Indeed. But when we came too, it was to this. Darkness, fog, gloom, and twistedness." the Ghost Host continued. "Perhaps... it is the now absent cheer and joy that helped the mansion stay balanced."

The quartet continued their conversation as the fog rolled by. Roars, screams, and the occasional flashes of an otherworldly green light could be heard coming from the very distressed mansion.

TAG: @pashatemur , maybe @Corellian_Outrider if she'd like :)

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  24. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: The Good Doctor
    Wandering

The shadows were his friend, and the bright lights, his temptation.

The witch-doctor made his way across this new world - filled with new prey, and soon enough emerged from the dark corners of the Galaxy's Edge cantina.

"Well what do we have here?" Dr Faciler whispered, slapping a deck on the table to pass the time, grinning as he watched the two take down their foes.

TAG: @darthbernael, @Corellian_Outrider

25. pashatemur

pashatemur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 21, 2004
    IC: Colette Tatou and Remy 'Little Chef'

Colette looked left and then right. She walked quietly down the narrow street lined with wrought iron filigree-ed and columned balconies disappearing into the fog, the streets devoid of foot traffic. It was all so very odd. First, the Americans and now this crazy place! Remy, for his part, remained silently observant, his eyes panning the street.

What was that up the street? The balconies gave way to a esplanade of dark twisting trees covered in hanging moss, some of which swayed and seemed to wink in and out of the branches-as if it moved on its own and not by the unseen hand of a gusting wind! Yet, for all it's strangeness, there were people up there! More than Colette and Remy had seen since leaving the Cafe and Alberto.

"Hey, what's all that up there?" whispered Remy, as if reading her mind.

"I don'know, Remy, but that's a crowd. Maybe another party an'oo knows, they migh'be able to tell'us what 'as happen 'ere!" They advanced more quickly, eager to find answers to this very puzzling situation. She rubbed her head where she'd bumped it on the cobblestones earlier. Maybe she'd really hit it harder than the doctor believed. But if this was a dream, Remy was dreaming it too.

A thin skeletal man, a squat pale one with a very tall hat, another with a hat box and one with what looked to be a hatchet stood before an ornate fence that fronted an Italianate mansion. What a strange assortment of characters! Clearly this was another party with all these costumed people milling about in their grotesque masquerade. "Hey!" called Colette to the tall and thin man in the skeleton costume. "Pardon, Monsieur!" she called as they neared the mansion, Remy scrambling back into the rucksack in the bicycle basket. "Eh! I wonder, can you'elp us?"

TAG: Jack, the Mayor, the Ghost Host, and the Hat Box Ghost