main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

All the capital letters in this forum are blinding me!

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Audio' started by MaxVeers, Oct 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaxVeers

MaxVeers TFN FanFilms Staff, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    Do you guys think it would make sense to tone down the use of all-caps a bit? With almost every thread title having at least a few words in all-caps, the emphasis doesn't really work very effectively. Really, the only result is that everything is harder to read.

Alternately, maybe you guys might want to come up with some kind of accepted format. Right now, drama titles are all-caps sometimes, but not always. The same goes for casting calls. Some people are capitalizing the names of their websites for no clear reason. I think if some guidelines were made, it would help everyone out (more readable = more people read your thread, and learn about your drama).

What do you guys think?

2. djr33

djr33 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    WOULD BE FINE WITH ME :D...

3. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    I think it works fine the way it is.

4. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    I rarely ever use all caps. Screaming is what I typically associate it with.

Keith

5. cinemafreak

cinemafreak Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2002
    I can't read

I like the pictures

6. Nathan_P_Butler

Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21 star 4 VIP

May 23, 2003
    It *was* uniform for the first months of the board's existence. It'd be nice for them to be that way again, but, of course, that requires mod topic edits.

Now, speaking of that: Somehow, it seems to me to be a bit out of line, or at least bad form, for a mod to leap in and criticize teh capitalization when (a) this form has far less of a problem with it than, say, their home forum, and (b) the mods rarely, if ever, bother to make their presence known here. I mean, either mod, or don't mod, but don't do it only about 10%of the time and expect criticisms of board activities to be taken very seriously. It's drive-by modding.

7. LittlePitcher

LittlePitcher Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 23, 2002
    There you have it again, gang, the word of Nathan Butler (tm), posting his official Nathan Butler (tm) comments [soon to be rebroadcast on Nathan Butler's (tm) Chronoradio {which has the sole listenership of Nathan Butler (tm)}] about how things really ought to be run, seeing as how Nathan Butler (tm) knows what's best for us all, and anyone who doesn't listen to Nathan Butler (tm) is obviously an idiot...

Brought to you by the "Hey, Nathan Butler (tm) is Getting Annoying!" Society.

LP

8. Janz_Walker

Janz_Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2000
    Enough of this. This bickering is pointless. (If someone could tell me where that line came from, please let me know because I've heard it somewhere else)

Max is right. I'm looking through this forum and just about every single proper noun is in caps.

The standard was something like caps only for the words "Casting Call" and "Release" to distinguish these from other threads. The standard should be that way again.

I won't say anymore except "Play Nice!!"

Chris

9. MaxVeers

MaxVeers TFN FanFilms Staff, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    Nathan, I don't think it requires mod edits. It requires users to agree on a policy. I suppose I could edit the threads that already exist, but that would be futile if this was going to keep happening in the future. In any case, I'm glad you agree that more organization would be an improvement. You seem to be the defacto forum leader here, so perhaps you can be the one to take a step forward.

(As for your other comments: I don't have the time to moderate this forum effectively, and it's not my assignment anyway. However, I still read the posts here, and my observations and comments are as welcome and valid as anyone's. This thread has absolutely nothing to do with my position as a manager. And I don't know what you mean about the Fan Films forum having more trouble with capitalized titles than this one -- I count 5 capitalized words on the first page of the Fan Films forum, as opposed to well over 50 on this one.)

10. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Thanks for the comments LittlePitcher. Seems like you've come all this way from "FanFilms land" to take a stab at Nathan and bash him. I'd suggest you kindly find an exit or as Janz said it, "Play nice."

11. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    I'm somewhat curious where LB's (wouldn't want to use that taboo word, right, Max?) animosity comes from, given that I don't really even recall seeing his posts at the fan film forum. Must not have been all that memorable. But, if his profile is any indication (or lack thereof), I'd say it's a 43-year-old trying to make up for a lack of any kind of community recognition by taking pots shots at someone who is, for better or worse, recognized in that community. Sad, someone 19 years older being jealous that way.

But, if Pitcher here wants to play, we can do so. As the bum in the cell with Jack Logan said, "Many have tried; many have died."

As for the society, well . . . That's been done. We're not due for another anti-Nathan society until 2004. I believe "NTN" still holds the title for 2003's attempt at a Nathan Defamation League. Come back in about 2.5 months, Pitcher, and we'll give you the title for this year.

12. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    the topic of this thread is OFF TOPIC

;)

13. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    I like caps. Makes me think its important. And by the way, Nathan is an unofficial, not in actual affiliation with TFN boards, Junior Mod. And he has the badge to prove it.

14. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    LOL. I found that image the other night, Rich, while I was adding images to the sourcebook.

15. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    For all the marks out there, that was a joke. He really isn't an official one. But he does have a badge.

16. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    I FiNd ALL the CapIToL leTteRs in thIS fOruM very SoOtHiNG.

:)

17. Figrin-Dan_Man

Figrin-Dan_Man Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 4, 2002
    I can't read

I like the pictures

10 humor points. :::Bows:::

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.