main
side
curve

OOC Reference All Tomorrow's Parties - in all my dreams i DROWN ooc thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Lawbreaker, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Lawbreaker

Lawbreaker Jedi Youngling

Aug 21, 2018
    So, this is where the players of the game in all my dreams i DROWN and those who are considering to join can socialize, ask questions, share theories and simply chill.

Spoilers are allowed. Questions are welcome.

2. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2007
    Happy to see the game up!

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 13, 2001
    I second that!

I'm really looking forward to this! :D

4. Lawbreaker

Aug 21, 2018
    So, everybody please feel free to post your Character Sheet if it was approved by me!

5. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Done and I must say I already got ten theories what this game will be about and the feeling they are all wrong!

6. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Just popping in to say I really wish I had the time to commit to this game. Looks great. Best of luck! [face_peace]

7. Lawbreaker

Aug 21, 2018
    Thank you Reynar. A shame you don't have time!

8. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    A shame indeed!

9. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Hello All.

Looking forward to having my two, who have never paired up before, navigate through this mystery.

No theories from me.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
  10. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    03:10 British Standard Time

Woke up. Looked at game thread on my smartphone.

I thought that Battlestar Galactica server error pic with the trained monkeys message, was you being atmospheric!

Called up Youtube to listen to this "All Along The Watchtower", and encountered "invalid response".

Google, Reddit, back to the Boards to check Lawbreaker's post - Youtube IS down, worldwide, and that server error business is the result of an actual media link, not some picture that the GM worked up for atmosphere, but it really did tie in with the mystery of the game events!

11. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Had the same, but works now. Dunno if that was intentional, but if you hit the link and start reading the actual song comes exactly where it comes in the text. Crazy.

But Lawbreaker already got us overreacting to any hint there is ... [face_laugh] I thought the same Sith. It must be some kind of hidden hint!

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  12. Lawbreaker

Aug 21, 2018
    It has begun ... hope the links work now!

13. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    I am lurking, waiting for my moment ... but that was one great opening!

14. Lawbreaker

Aug 21, 2018
    Your time will come, my friend!

And as promised ...

FAQ

How much freedom will the players have?

There is a plot and the world is something that gives players certain limits. But I believe in the fun of writing and won't shout GodModder! everytime you create a minor NPC to interact with. Any NPC I create is off limits. Other player characters anyway. Combined posts are always allowed.

Oh and if you wonder if your post is okay, send it via PM. I will gladly have a look.

Is this game ongoing or end at some point?

The plot has a beginning, middle part and an end. So yeah, if this game makes it so far ... we will see a conclusion. Depending on player decisions it might be possible or even make sense to continue the game afterwards. It will be a bit of a different game then, though.

Do I have to solve the central mystery of the game?

Nope, but I can tell you that much ... no character can possibly be unaffected by it.

How many characters are allowed?

As many as I feel we can handle.

Will the future storyline open up for additional players later on?

TBD if there is interest.

Are you German?

This came up a few times. Nope, I am Dutch. But I speak fluently German if you wanna discuss anything in your native language. My English might be a bit strange sometimes, but I hope that it won't irritate anybody too much.

Is this the game announced by LordTroepfchen by the same name?

No, I just used the title. LordTroepfchen has abandoned the idea and told me about it. There is one element I felt was perfect for my game and I will use it with his permission. My plot has nothing to do with his one though. This game was originally called "The strange case of Quentin Archer". I think new one is much better.

Is this game based on anything that exists out there?

It is my modernized take on a certain obscure novel. A free adaption so to say. No, I won't tell you which. But a bottle of 18 years Glen Dronach Single Malt Scotch for the first person who finds out which Novel it is! Promised!

15. Lawbreaker

Aug 21, 2018
    First update comes probably tomorrow.

16. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Just for the record ... I am after the Glen Dronach bottle [face_laugh]

17. Lawbreaker

Aug 21, 2018
    It is a tough one. Do your best. :cool: