main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Reference All Tomorrow's Parties - in all my dreams i DROWN ooc thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Lawbreaker, Oct 7, 2018.

1. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Heartbreaking and thrilling to head towards the finale ... also I am neither sure how we stop Sidney nor how we actually wanna stop Andy. :_| Guess we need to find out quickly!

Any chance there will ever be a sequel? Yeah, this is me starting negotiations! :D I feel this world has so much to explore!

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Well, that was unexpected.

Someone commenting on the trailer for the upcoming Free Guy movie, unexpectedly identified that 'self-aware npc in a video game' novel that I was attempting to recall, earlier in this thread: Mogworld, by Yahtzee Croshaw.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
  3. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Okay, ordered!

4. Lawbreaker

Lawbreaker Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 21, 2018
    Strange name that author. Cruel parents or a lot of fantasy with his artist name.

5. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    I think I just figured out what Andy is about to announce at UCLA! @Lawbreaker, Pm send

6. Lawbreaker

Aug 21, 2018
    Update Warning in the next 28 hours

7. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Having computer issues; online only through phone.

8. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    @Lawbreaker - Wow, you just made the situation inside the Doom Bar, very spooky!

And that reveal that L.A. are running Shanghai 2029...or at least, think they do, that's a twist.

Were you correct? And if you were, was it through working out how 2019 Andy, recognised 2029 Christian?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
  9. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    I actually was right. The simulations run each other. If one gets turned off both are gone ... that is Andy's plan. He wants the end of the world. He just needed confirmation. Which he got now.

We are literally running out of time!

What a Twist indeed!

And Doom Bar seems indeed to be a key location suddenly. I am a bit afraid for Nicole. Ms. Sturm seems to be not accidentally alive. She was the contact on the 2019 side tracking down people I suppose.

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  10. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    What a twist for the new year indeed! A gamechanger really!

11. Lawbreaker

Aug 21, 2018
    Oh I can tell you I was looking forward to that one ...

12. Lawbreaker

Aug 21, 2018
    48 hours update warning

13. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I forgot that I needed to respond to the last update, it threw me off my game so much.

Been a while since we have had any of those subtle in-game mind *****, or glitches in the Matrix; I initially took Cardigan calling out about the survivor, being because @Lawbreaker missed me addressing it, but re-reading it just now, I'm wondering if that is meant to be an in-game glitch.

Either way, how the frag is there a file to get handed to Cardigan in the first place?

14. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    I felt more like he joined the others by yelling out what information you gave him.

Not sure if this Matrix has glitches (or if we can perceive them).

15. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    On behalf of @Lawbreaker

He asked me to tell everybody he lost access to his computer (who seems to have been lost at an airport) and needs a few days to recover it!

16. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Two that I can recall from earlier in the game:
    - When Sidney killed someone at Ray's apartment complex, someone who came out to look, glitched as she stepped back inside.

- When the Uber driver arrived for my girls outside Sandra Preston's hovel, he called out twice using same words and inflection, like an echo.

Hope Lawbreaker gets his PC back okay.

17. Lawbreaker

Aug 21, 2018
    Actually got a replacement. Most my notes are gone but that is less of a problem for THIS game.

At least my Bitcoin are save [face_laugh]

18. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Cheryl was responsible for uploading stuff. Which means she:

a. Might have uploaded memories into Ms. Sturm? I think she might have been made her Avatar in 2019. Heard it here first ... she replaced Ms. Sturms profile with her own memory. Meaning she is in 2019 in a way too.

b. She had probably uploaded the old "TV show SIDs" when they decided to deactivate them to hunt down Sidney. Which means this game might be highly rigged. She had time to adjust Sidney or those SIDs accordingly when she knew Sidney would face new opposition.

c. Using our popular Matrix example ... we are not the humans. We are the Agents. So we all should be upgradeable. As witnessed already with Annie and Sidney. We might not be able to erase Sidney quickly as he seems to be well hidden within the code. We might be able to give someone the ability to kill him though.

19. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I definitely think Cheryl is in 2019.

Remember me theorising the actress got whacked so Cheryl could take over her pad (home)?

Your idea that all of us players, are the equivalent of Matrix' Agents, is interesting.

We should be careful not to fall into the trap of thinking there are only two simulations.

Remember TheSithGirly's post, with lots of the things?

20. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Right there is Berlin 1920's. If Adrian is true there are those simulations who are aware.

21. Lawbreaker

Aug 21, 2018
    Update coming in about 48 hours or so ...

22. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    *Wiki's UCLA to find out where the **** it is - "one mile east of the I-410 San Diego Freeway" - and prints a map that barely fits in Duquesne and the southern edge of the campus*

23. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Actually I suspect this is a highly factionalized UCLA as I am not aware there is any main Auditorium on campus ... fun fact in movies they usually use another university as a double.

So Sidney is there, the framework is there, we are there ... or on our way. Feels like a finale.

24. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    On wifi mode, my phone's weather app has access to a map of the world.

Between it and my printout, I can't find an Interstate 410.

Found the San Diego Freeway, and a related highway, but they come up on both as the 405.

I don't think Nicole is going to UCLA; cannot see how to get her out of the Doom Bar and maintain the flow of the events outside.
    No-one outside knows that she is in trouble.

25. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Google. Took me about three seconds to find UCLA's dedicated site for maps.