main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Reference All Tomorrow's Parties - in all my dreams i DROWN ooc thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Lawbreaker, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Thank you. I shall try that.

IE on my phone has gotten weird, giving me SSL connection errors when I try to get onto some websites.
    It did let me onto the UCLA police page, though; so at least I know there will be cops around before every non-campus cop in LA county shows up, though good luck evacuating a faculty of eighty-two thousand.

2. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Haha ... Sidney is only after a dozen or so ... so by the time they start evacuating he might be done.

That he could kill Adrian and refers to his gun in such way confirms my theory that is not an ordinary gun he has there. Seems to work on everyone but Annie.

@SirakRomar, you are our only hope. Amy and Roy especially.

Also I guess Ms. Sturm is putting Nicole on the list. Her computer there seems to be her Death Note!

@Sith-I-5 maybe upgrade the firmware? Sounds like it might be outdated.

3. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    There was a time when I felt computer savvy, however it feels like that fell off a ******* cliff at some time. I have no idea what the heck I'm doing.

This is a Samsung Galaxy S5, so at least nine models in the past; I won't let it install the, as far as I know anyway, second to last operating system, as it needs about three times more memory than I am willing to free up - and I deleted far more than I wanted, in preparation for leaving it with some store guy for four hours to get a cheaper contract.
    Turns out I would rather get a new phone and turn this into a burner than delete more content.
    Also, I don't get how to transfer stuff to a PC, or am willing to have my stuff on a cloud.

So you are probably spot on with the firmware suggestion.

And with Mary, odd thing there too.
    In her Torchwood episode, she's been on Earth for over two hundred years, and the episode is set in 2005.
    I have been creating backstory for her by integrating her into E-Branch history, circa 1995 to 2003, so despite this being 2019, my Mary hasn't yet gone through the events of that Torchwood episode, although she is aware of the organisation.

For the first couple of minutes, when Sidney professed to meeting a Torchwood character, I had no idea that he was talking about Mary.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  4. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Haha, I personally loved him referencing that. Considering Cardiff is not part of the simulation she never will meet Torchwood! Sidney was obviously pissed about seeing her. It must be so strange for someone to suddenly meet fictional characters. I see his point that this feels more and more like a computer game for him actually ... remember the other Jack Burns hinted these characters exist as part of creating "franchise games" out of the simulation. So he is actually not entirely wrong.

Anyway, I don't quite see how Amy is gonna escape if Annie does not find an effective way to stop that bastard. I feel honestly sorry for leaving the girls behind like this. But I gotta save the world ... guess it always demand a certain sacrifice to do so. Would be a great time for the cops to show up! Anytime you guys feel like it!

The clock is ticking now before both simulations shut down!

5. RachelTyrell

RachelTyrell Jedi Master star 3

Feb 15, 2009
    Neither do I! But Amy will not go down without a fight! Sidney won't have the element of surprise this time. We know who he is and what he can do!

My theory is that Cheryl kinda messed with Mary and Nicole. Maybe they are in "safe-mode" and cannot hurt people or something ... which is why Ms. Sturm is so relaxed.

And btw good eye there Sith-I-5, I did not get it so quickly, but she is perfect for finding those victims for Sidney. Basically she is the other half of Sidney!

6. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    But I know about the computer thing. I used to run a software company and nowadays I call IT to get Word activated. Really embarrassing

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  7. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Actually "Sidney" seems more to be a system in which Burns is trapped, while everybody else is trapped in another system. If everybody is a simulation I guess we should think about the limits of our programs. Does Christian really possess every memory he had before since coming over? How long can he exist outside his original sim? Indefinitely?

Also you guys think the Cop ladies are there to run around without a time stamp? I guess they were meant to "show up" at some point of a game and not to hang out permanently. As Sidney said, they were created for a game. Also they seem to be less able to understand the simulation thing than everybody else. Maybe they are even unable to develop self-awareness?

I start to have the feeling Elina/Annie, Andy/Andy, Christian/Christian are actually players or represent players of the game (avatars), which is why they show up in every version of it. The rest is just the gaming world.

What a very dark vision that would be.

8. Lawbreaker

Lawbreaker Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 21, 2018
    Working on my update ... Coronna messed up my life a bit, but I hope to get back to speed now again ...

9. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Amy! Noooooooooooooo! :eek::_|

10. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    I know ...

11. RachelTyrell

Feb 15, 2009
    Yeah, she is gone! Lawbreaker warned me my decisions would decide my survival, but I tried to stay true to her character and she was a fighter!

Now you guys get Sidney! Please!?

12. Lawbreaker

Aug 21, 2018
    So, we lost quite a bit momentum and are dragging a bit, which I consider very unfair towards those who are burning to get a proper conclusion. So I am aware it is impossible to give every player an equal finale and I also know not everyone always gets to the finishing line.

So to make sure the game does not fizzle out I wondered if I should set a deadline.

End of April maybe?

Thoughts welcome.

13. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    I think that is a brilliant idea ...

14. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Good idea, I support it

DarkLordoftheFins likes this.
  15. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Can't wait to lurk the finale.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
  16. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Can you fit in 2029 in that time?

17. Lawbreaker

Aug 21, 2018
    2029 got no players right now as Christian is in 2019. So how much of a finale we get depends a bit on posting speed, but that is what deadlines are about right?

So I say end of April will be it. I am gonna end all storylines at that point in time and move us to the Epilogue.

18. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Well, world has changed. Looks like your German players at least got plenty of time suddenly.

19. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Oh I did not see that one coming ... Elina is back!

And the cavalry arrived at UCLA! Let's get Sidney for good!

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  20. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Likewise, I recognised the phone and gun near to Elina.

Seeing SWAT vanish, reminded me that they would need fifteen of something. Devious.

Edit: *Checks for update warning. Finds nothing. Proceeds with new post.*

Edit: Done. You should be able to search for wilty delicious on Youtube, to discover the source of my npc.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  21. Lawbreaker

Aug 21, 2018
    Actually nothing senseful came out of it, but that SWAT are mine, so please do not add content to them. They got a purpose. There is only one SWAT there and that one is not an ordinary one. It actually vanishes once hurt ;)

That being said, update coming. Please everyone refrain from adding NPCs to the situation. This Auditorium is only getting emptier from now on :cool:

22. Lawbreaker

Aug 21, 2018
    @SirakRomar, you got a response with any then I update you guys.

23. RachelTyrell

Feb 15, 2009
    Oh wow, this feels like a finale!

So they uploaded the SWAT to support Sidney who probably has no idea his whole mission has become pointless by their attempt to shut down the simulation. I wonder what else they are gonna throw at them now that it is irrelevant how consistent their simulation is!

Somehow I believe Nicole is the key. If Ms. Sturm is an artifact of Cheryl she is probably the one who nobody got on their screen.

Also Amy must find a way to do something. I don't wanna watch you guys die!

24. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    If killing people, saves them because it gets them out of the doomed simulation, this is one situation where nuking the site from orbit, would be beneficial.

25. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Well, Andy is planning something like that, but I got the feeling that won‘t solve our problem! I don‘t think Adrian gave out any more tickets to the New Rose Hotel!

Could you guys stop playing around and come to help me please? Looks like Christian got Andy and Sidney and no gun or ideas how to make it out there alive! HELP!