main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Reference All Tomorrow's Parties - in all my dreams i DROWN ooc thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Lawbreaker, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Lawbreaker

Lawbreaker Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 21, 2018
    So, thank you all for the compliments. I am just happy this happened, I got my turn around to do this and we actually brought it to the end. Well, now my turn to thank you guys.

@HanSolo29, our first and early loss from our roster nevertheless I feel did a great job bringing the absent character of Quentin Archer alive, who was important as a catalyst for the plot. Kent was certainly a guy to like and I loved these first steps he took. But people leave, no hard feelings there. This is a very special game and certainly on a Star Wars board not exactly everybodies taste.

Greatest scene: The flat of his dead son, ravaged by spectators and yet a testament of how estranged they were and him reflecting on his fatherhood.

@RachelTyrell, the human core of the game. Everybody had something „special“ about them, but Amy was just this heartbroken girl looking for a WHY to the suicide of her maybe-bf. From the on/off relationship to her exchange with Adrian Morrel, I always felt Amy is the one absolute human character in the game. Her death was tragic and yet so effective. Lovely.

Greatest scene: The conversation with Adrian, somewhere between madness and realization the game she calls her life is rigged.

@Sith-I-5, you were the unexpected one. I knew nothing about you when you send the CS. The others I knew from lurking The Crossing, but you were a wild card. You stayed one to the end. Honestly, you made the game infinitely better. The whole idea the simulation was also populated by „TV-Show“ characters I got from you and I loved how realistic it was that Tritec was looking for a monetizing strategy. The two girls always made me laugh and never stopped surprising me. As a GM I think characters like these are a blessing. They make you think about what you did not think before. They add additional depth to the world.

Greatest scene Mary: The confrontation with Sidney. In a way those two are insane characters and funny enough they also are both not.

Greatest scene Nicole: Her very first scene in the office, because I had right away an idea who she was.

Greatest scene Sith-I-5: The investigation of the family Sidney killed. You spot on deducted what had happened there and it was a pleasure someone picking up on the small details i had in this report and actually making sense of them.

@DarkLordoftheFins: You deserve your reputation as this boards natural leading man once more. Christian Borg was such a smart and human character, so determined and so good at his core without being a shiny knight. A complex guy who feels the lure of sexual favors, power, money and a good job and leaves it all behind to become the hero. Not because he is one, but because the world(s) need one.

Greatest scene(s): Every combined with Elina, the sexual tension between you was amazing. But also figuring out 2029 is a simulation long before I wanted to reveal that bit.

@SirakRomar: Amazingly playing two woman who are one and nevertheless two different women. Elina deserved her name Enigma. A perfect femme fatale. Sexy, mysterious, manipulative and yet never evil. A sexy beast in a complicated world. Annie on the other hand was in many ways the hero of the story. The drifter who got caught up in a world changing conspiracy. Brave, smart and yet so vulnerable. I loved when her traits began to show in Elina. My kudos for keeping your mouth shut when you know a little more than everybody else. Never tried to trick me, never revealed more than necessary.

Beyond any doubt your two characters were the backbone of this game.

Greatest scene Elina: Everything combined with Fins of course as said above and trying to stall Andy. Through your eyes he became the villain of the piece as Elina showed finally what tortured existence she really lived.

Greatest scene Annie: Well, „I think you kissed the wrong girl“ was an amazing line. But my favorite was you and Sidney on the beach. How she turned from this girl to a true warrior was amazing and felt so natural.

So the question about a sequel came up frequently. I am opposed to sequels in general. But this game does not have one. It was a story about people finding out they are a simulation, which becomes an urgent problem as a series killer kills everybody becoming aware of it. I will miss Sidney, Cardigan, Andy, Adrian and all of you, sure. Also I understand a world like this invites for millions of stories. In my head Amy will travel to many worlds and Christian will make the two simulations a very special world in which Mary and Nicole will hunt monsters only they see and Annie will probably find happiness. I just don‘t feel these stories need to be told. So sorry guys, there won‘t be a sequel. DROWN is what it is and I leave it intentionally with many questions unanswered. the characters all head their journeys and they concluded them.

I thank all of you for the ride and support. I especially thank you for the trust in my ability to tell such a story, when I had never GMed here or in this format before. Highly appreciated.

I wanna close with the one quote I wish I had found (and Sith-I-5 did)

There are other worlds, gunslinger.

DarkLordoftheFins likes this.
  2. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    So, just as an epilogue . . . We had our revenge for CROWN being made into a simulation and now got DROWN becoming a TV show within the Crossingverse. Haha.

3. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Hello all, I come to these boards with tragic news. There is no way to announce this in any „soft way“, so straight to the point.

It seems Sith-I-5 has passed away.

Being a long time player and dedicated supporter of this game, I thought I‘d let people know.

4. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Oh my God, how terrible. May he Rest In Peace!

5. Lawbreaker

Aug 21, 2018
    Is that confirmed? I hope this turns out to be a mistake.

6. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    It was announced yesterday on Facebook actually. Saw the announcement earlier by accident around here and jumped to Facebook to confirm. It seems to be true. What a shocking news this morning really.

7. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    I enjoyed his girl in this game so much. I remember in the beginning being afraid that his take on canon-characters would ruin the whole story, but then he managed to make every post funny and be such a perfect comic-relief to the otherwise serious and dark plot that I thought in the aftermath, that every game could use a little of this. Now I regret not having played more with him.

I felt Sith-I-5 was around forever. Longer than I was. He was in some of my early games, some games I played in and I believe he was a total backbone to Bravo‘s games and such. He was a regular around here in the best sense of the word. Someone without whom these boards would not have been the same.

May he Rest In Peace and my best wishes go out to his family and friends who must suffer greatly from the loss. I wish them all the strength they need in these dark days.

8. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Hello my fellow Drowners (why did I come up so late with this name?),

I got no idea if any of you still checks these realms, or any alarms are still set, but considering I have no other way to reach some of you, I wanted to post this here … I actually kept my promise.

https://www.amazon.com/-/de/gp/aw/d/B09M4T9JDR/ref=dbs_a_w_dp_b09m4t9jdr

Coming out in January. I will certainly post a link to the online release party in time.
    Hope you are all well!

Lawbreaker and Shadowsun like this.
  9. Lawbreaker

Aug 21, 2018
    Beyond amazing. Looking forward so much to read it …