main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Reference All Tomorrow's Parties - in all my dreams i DROWN ooc thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Lawbreaker, Oct 7, 2018.

1. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Yeah, pretty much all day.

2. Lawbreaker

Lawbreaker Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 21, 2018
    Thanks guys, I was concerned I had done anything wrong.

So, I update quite a bit through PMs now to avoid disturbing the flow between players.

3. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    I will be away for a week or two, just wanted to let people know.

4. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    @Lawbreaker - The first picture link didn't work for me on my phone, so for security reasons, I did not click on it or the others on either my phone or PC (at work, we are warned against hitting "random hyperlinks"), so no idea what you wanted to show.

Also, I generally cannot post Monday to Friday. Despite best intentions, the evening always seems to fly by without Boards' activity.

Edit: Okay, I visited those picture urls, and though I saw them, I immediately had a system problem with the blog.freepeople.com one, so, going forwards, if you want show me a picture, show me a picture, don't just leave a link for me to follow.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  5. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    You don't have a system problem with a website. You gotta system problem with the system ;) Security levels on my laptop are pretty high and it did not say a thing about those links and it needed about a second to show the pic.

6. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Not sure what that means.

Picture of the girl came up. My system detected a tracking cookie. I turned off, rebooted, got a big screen saying UI failed to load. Looked online to see what it meant, and dealt with it.
    The GM has posted pics elsewhere in the thread; I just feel that would be safer.

In the game, last few lines of my post, it suddenly dawned on me that my girls had possibly walked into a trap!

Excitement levels are through the roof. :D

On the other hand, I could be wrong about the scene. Still, better safe than sorry, eh.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  7. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Well, I had problems uploading pics over the last few days. I guess he ran into the same. But I encountered none of those problems when I read the update.

8. Lawbreaker

Aug 21, 2018
    Exactly, hit the "Insert" button and nothing happened. After three attempts I posted the link. Sorry if I caused any trouble through it, but I haven't encountered problems when I tried them. Next time I delay the update until the boards work properly.

9. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    As a bbcode user, I just use (img) or [image] tags.

Never encountered an 'insert' button.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  10. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Well, if you use the web version of the boards you won't need long to encounter it ...

11. Lawbreaker

Aug 21, 2018
    So I resume business, sorry for the interruption, but I needed to adjust a little ... the game and myself. After loosing my detailed picture-heavy and music filled post with my faithful computer ... I just put up this barebones version!

Anyway, hope you all return and I will return to a weekly update schedule.

12. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Since it didn't look like you would be able to post for a while, I wrote an update yesterday lunchtime, with my Uber arriving.

That was a nice touch at the end of yours, putting it four minutes away.

I am developing two theories with the new information that you have presented.

1. Not yet sure how I am going to work this in, however Mary will want to research which studio made the old Basil Rathbone' Sherlock films, and hit them up first, going by the idea that Doctor Watson probably used a Webley.

Now I am wondering if the "John Holmes" in Sandy's statement, is connected somehow.

2. I'm just now wondering if the killer thinks that he is in a video game....

13. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Totally had the same thought. Is he believing he plays Tritec? Is our game in the future based on recreating your storyline? If he is a techie it would explain how he finds his victims. Maybe check the victims devices for spyware! Just an idea from someone lurking 2019 ... he lost Annie after she abandoned her phone.

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  14. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Y'know, we might actually be in a game!

I read a couple of the earlier posts on the current page, and there was a witness to Annie standing over a dead blonde, and she "made her way back in at a bizarrely slow speed, and tried to **** the door".

In the context, I don't know what **** could be, but the movement visual is interesting.

15. RachelTyrell

RachelTyrell Jedi Master star 3

Feb 15, 2009
    Guess the **** was "shut", auto-corrected into a word with an i and then erased by the boards filter? [face_laugh]

But yes, that one is indeed interesting. Physics seem to be working strangely different. Also I am not sure if this is a game ... who is the player then? Sidney? Are well all just there for him to slaughter us to break a Highscore at some game?

But as we dive into theory territory ... just did a reread to get back into the game. I realized four major connections between both timelines:

2019/2029 Nr. 1

In 2019 everybody knowing of Tritec
    gets killed and in 2029 a Chinese gaming giant seems to be working on something called "Tritec". As the meeting with their CEO shows ... he is looking beyond gaming though.

2019/2029 Nr. 2

Andy from the Gameface presentation seems to be Andy Hwang, CEO billionaire extraordinary from 2029 and mastermind behind Tritec.

2019/2029 Nr. 3

Annie is Elina. Look at the pics. Same actress. Zhang Ziyi. Just younger. Also the mysterious guy at the market mentioned Annie to Elina. So basically we might see her change from a punk-teen in L.A. to a Femme Fatale Extraordinaire? Also already in L.A. she used her body to get what she needed.

2019/2029 Nr. 4

In both storylines people exist who seem to constantly dream of drowning in their sleep. Wonder if that is a side effect of whatever Tritec is. Something someone first discovered in 2019 and Gamescape tries to harvest ten years later.

Anyway 2019 seems to show the birth of a project that is running in 2029 and I guess dear Christian is not working on a Computer game. Not at all. He works on something worth killing for. Something world changing. My guess is ... remote mind control.

16. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Well, honestly ... at first sight I got it all figured out. There is a world-changing technology in 2019 called Tritec and originating from L.A. and Andy Chang is hunting it down, getting ruthless rid of everybody in his way using "Sidney", who probably is Jack Burns from the future. At some point he will meet Annie and make her into The Enigma, his courtesans/elite spy operative.

Something will go wrong and Tritec has a dark secret. Despite the fact he uses it to gather billions over the next decade becoming the worlds most wealthy guy. But when he picks up my guy to solve his problem, there is the fear I dig up something. So he puts Annie/Enigma on my path to watch me.

I kinda expect Future Nicole and Future Mary to show up having lead an epic decade long investigation against Andy Chang the super-tech-Villain ...

BUT ...

It kinda feels wrong. If this was labeled HORROR instead of SCIENCE FICTION I would say Sidney has an almost supernatural ability of finding his victims, we got some references to strange physics and ... most importantly ... Lawbreaker revealed he actually knows I read the novel this is based on. I read many many novels in my life, but also this is Noirish Sci-Fi ... hell I got no idea what novel it could be. So there is something else. Something that makes people drowning in their sleeps.

My theory is not mind control, but sub-conscious influence. Tritec is a project to influence people through tech or something.

@Lawbreaker ... are you having fun with us now desperately guessing?

17. Lawbreaker

Aug 21, 2018
    I totally have!

You guys are actually pretty good. Picked up a lot of the right hints and some of your theories are gold and some ... are not

But I can tease, there is a major plot reveal upcoming within the next few updates. Will probably shed quite some light on everything.

18. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    It would be cool to have my girls make it to 2029, however I got the impression from the games' start, that only the players/characters currently in 2029, are allowed there.

@RachelTyrell - well done, noticing that the we were being shown Zhang Ziyi at different ages.

19. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Yeah, I picked this one up and then forgot about it again. The two seem very different though. So I wondered if they are really the same persona.

20. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Preparing a post, and going through Sandy's witness statement.

It was given verbally, so my girls are not going to see where things have been capitalised, however Lawbreaker / Sandy seemed to be emphasising 'hoodies' for some reason.

21. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I just went through and re-read the whole game up to this point as a refresher and to prepare for my post, and I picked up on quite a few things that I missed the first time around. There is one thing in particular that I wanted to comment on:

I'm starting to believe that there may be a supernatural angle as well. At one point, Christian mentions that he spoke with someone named Quentin (Quentin Archer, perhaps?), who goes on to describe a mirror and whether we are real or simply the reflection. It was an odd thing to say and it caught my attention – is he referring to Tritec's abilities and what they managed to accomplish? A way to cheat death in a sense? To go on living in a virtual world?

And then there was the instance with Sidney shooting at Annie and missing at what was apparently point-blank range. It was described as if the gun had fired blanks. Was that really the case? Or did she survive by other means? We seem to have linked Annie/Enigma, and we know that she is tied to Andy in some way in 2029...

Just some things that immediately stood out to me. I may be way off, but I thought I would share.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  22. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Interesting angle to look at that; that it was the victim that survived, and who we should be looking at for esoteric powers, rather than the shooter.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  23. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    So, as you guessed right we have decided to lift the charade ... I am actually playing both characters. Annie and Elina. Rest In Peace St.Claire.

Doesn't mean I know what that means!

I also find my survival to be a rather interesting fact. And I doubt the guy used blanks accidentally. If I possess supernatural powers with either version of her I am not aware of it, though. Also at this point I start to believe Sidney does ... he finds his victims instantly. Not even Sherlock Holmes is that good an investigator!

24. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    That Quentin bit you refer to @HanSolo29 was handed to me by Lawbreaker to include. Also very much possible the year 2029 allowed Quentin to be revived, but why? He seems not so important to the events of my timeline.

I was wondering if that was a red herring, or if we actually exist in parallel timelines? Maybe we are not looking at the same events here? A shame I am still unaware of 2019, would love to google "Summer of Sidney" and see if it happened in my reality?

Also was Tritec around since 2019? It doesn't appear to me to be the case. Is Tritec influencing 2019 FROM 2029???

And haha @SirakRomar! I agree on SIDNEY. He is too fast at finding his victims. I still say spyware though. He might be tracking Ray. Is that future tech? Seriously? Is he travelling through time probably? With these two timelines I more and more believe this might be the case.

Also Jack Burns in my timeline is a blonde Aussie. Is he Sidney? The former Sidney or the actual one? Will he go back at some time? He is working on Tritec!

HanSolo29 likes this.
  25. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Oooh...interesting theory about Tritec, @DarkLordoftheFins! I haven't considered that before, but you're right – Christian is only developing it in 2029, and yet Quentin seemed obsessed over it in 2019 (and got him and many others killed, presumably through Sidney?). Now I am beginning to wonder if we are dealing with strange parallel timelines or a form of time travel...or something else that is augmented by this new tech they had developed? [face_thinking]