main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"All we need is a nickname" official vote

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Krash, Mar 14, 2002.

?

"All we need is a nickname" official vote

Poll closed Apr 30, 2002.
  1. Jedi Rocks!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Home of "the Force"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. The Jedi Knights of Cleveland

11 vote(s)
    64.7%
  4. The Cleveland Imperial Senate

6 vote(s)
    35.3%
  5. Mos Cleveland Spaceport

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    JediKnightPasJoDacle, I did overnight shipping, so HA! :p Hope to kick your arse in some multiplayer! (sorry for getting so off topic lol)

2. TanWesell

TanWesell Jedi Youngling

Feb 9, 2002
    How about Project Jedi: The Forbidden Chapter

...or Jedi Cleveland: The Chosen One

...Operation Toshi Station

...Clevelando's Squadron: Clouded Force of Darkness

(the second two were jokes)
    (I work in media productions and all that artsy stuff so stuff like this is second nature fun)

3. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    We seem to be pleased with the choices we already have on the poll. There can't be that many more of us who haven't voted, so it's pretty useless to post new suggestions for our name.

4. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I have to agree with TheRandomMenace. So far we seem to want to be a Imperial city or a Jedi Temple. :D

5. Darth-Zod

Darth-Zod Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    Hold on there RandomMenace. I haven't voted yet. I am still weighing the options. Right now I'm leaning towards the sith, but I'm listening if anyone would like to try to sway my vote another way. :)

6. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    I never said our name was definite yet. I'm merely stating, that there seem to be 2 very definite trends so far, and that most of the members have already voted, so adding new suggestions for a name is pretty useless. And here's a good reason to choose the Jedi- which order eventually becomes totally extinct? The Jedi or the Sith? The answer would be... The Sith. The Jedi ultimately prevail, and are superior to the Sith. Vote Jedi Knights Of Cleveland now!

7. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    I am almost done with the symbols for our section of the fanforce. I will post them in the next two days or so.

8. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    That's great, IF you can make it to the (not yet announced...need one more RSVP) meeting on March 25th, I'd like to get a glimpse at what you've done.

And the subtitle of "The Force Of The Northcoast" sounds great. Consider it added to the name as far as I'm concerned. It should also be a nice compromise for those with "non-Jedi" following. Even a Sith believes in the Force...as long as there are no Yuuzhan Vong out there we're in good shape.

9. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    this is one I did for The Star Wars Society of San Antonio.

[image=http://www.swssa.com/banner.JPG]

10. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    How the heck do I post a pick?

11. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    type
    [image= and then the url ]
    with no spaces.

12. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    That looks great, I can't wait to see the one for Cleveland FanForce!

13. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Krash, Mullet's shown me 2 designs for the logo. I'll tell you the truth, I was impressed. One of them has a bunch of hands with ignited sabers and the caption "Jedi Knights Of Cleveland." The other implements the logo of the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame and has a Rebel insignia and other designs at the top. Both are pretty cool, and Mullet told me he's working on another.

14. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    Hey, can't I just upload a pic, or does it have to be linked?

15. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I think it has to be linked.

16. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I like the idea of "a bunch of hands with ignited sabers and the caption Jedi Knights Of Cleveland." I'd be very careful with similarity to the Rock Hall logos, my friend Todd is head of the marketing department, and they might not take kindly to that. Like I said, can't wait to see them all.

17. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    There isn't really any reason to post in this thread, I'm just doing it so that this thread doesn't get lost near the end. In other words, this thread will stay near the new post threads so that in case any new members or people who haven't voted yet can do so without having to search for this thread.

18. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Well this sucks bantha poodoo. The folks in Columbus have decided to call themselves "The Jedi Knights of Columbus." Nothing against our capitol, but I don't want it to sound like we copied them. I want something distinctive. Maybe just "The Force of the North Coast?"

19. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    What about extending an invite to share the "Jedi Knights" title and just be the "Jedi Knights of Cleveland" and them "...of Columbus"? Or even merge into "The Jedi Knights of Ohio: Cleveland?" Worst case we say "frell" it and just keep the JKC; no reason for Jedi to fight among themselves.

20. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    You're right, it isn't a big deal.

Anyway I've got some major league advice for anybody not staying downtown. Check out www.500festival.com. On Saturday morning a whole mess of streets downtown are going to be closed for this mini-marathon. This could affect your drop-off route to the convention center. The website I listed is supposed to have all the street closing info.

21. southbeach

southbeach Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2002
    Hey what about....

Cleveland Force!!!!

or does that remind you of the soccer team... I think its cool and somewhat appropiate.

SOBE

22. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    You must not have read our other posts about the soccer team connection. We mentioned that a long time ago, in a galaxy... wait, it was our galaxy. We dismissed this idea because it sounded too corny. Plus, we'd probably get in trouble for using a trademark.

23. Straight_Edge

Straight_Edge Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2002
    Everyone and their mothers wants to be Jedi this or jedi that. Boring. ::YAWN::

24. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Can anybody tell me why I posted Celebration info here? I guess that's what happens when you post at 2am. [face_laugh]

25. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Oh yeah Don, I've been up since 6:30 AM Sunday morning!!!! I worked Sunday night (3pm-midnight), then turned around and worked Monday morning(4-noon); and I go back Tuesday. That's a 40+ hour day!!!

Shall I extend the invite to Columbus to share the "Jedi Knights of..." title and just be the Cleveland branch? What about "Jedi Knights of Ohio: Cleveland?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.