main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games All wings report in: (The Official EUC Starfighter Dueling Thread

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by dragonsith13, Oct 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    :falcon::tie: Bardan_Jusik & Sinrebirth approved :) :tie::xwing:
    All wings report in: (The Official EUC Starfighter Dueling Thread)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Similar to that of the many known hand to hand combat dueling thread throughout the boards. This thread provides the opportunity for spirited, fun, and civil combat in the form of fighter to fighter Space Combat.

1: Obey the TOS for the JC forums at all times
    2: Keep things IC, no personal attacks.
    3: Obey the Mods and Squadron Commanders designated by participating Fighter Groups/Fan Clubs
    4: All combat is to be non-lethal.
    5: Destruction of starfighters is encouraged, but No permanent injury/death is allowed unless agreed upon prior to engagement.

A full compliment of fighters from nearly all eras and factions is available for use. If it has been manufactured in a galaxy far far away, then you can fly it here!

Single one on one fighter dogfights are the principal engagement style but group flights and attacks on small Capital ships is permitted. Engage at your own discretion.

Eventually test your skill in Special events such a Full Fleet Engagements and Recreations of Historical Battles. Take on a Rebel or Imperial Fleet, or Fly the Death Star Trench run and see if you too can destroy the Death Star.

2. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    IC: Reen G'Spaugh, T.I.E. Pilot
    Bespin Orbit

Reen kept her nimble craft steady as she rocketed through the space above Bespin. She knew her wingmate would cover her, so she powered down her sensors to give a slight boost to her thrusters. "Where are you, rebel cowards!"

TAG: Anyone willing to play,
    OOC: A wingmate would be nice but if not, I will manage.

3. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    IC: Sal Me, Pirate/Rebel Y-Wing Pilot
    Bespin Orbit

In the cockpit of a Y-wing, Sal was counting credits in the datapad at his side. This job was too easy, infiltrating an Imperial installation. The Cargo would be away soon, just needed to maintain the patrol. The Imperials did not even seem to notice the departure and the single Y-Wing did not seem to attract much attention.

A ping on the sensors brought him out of his gaze upon his bank account being updated. "Bollocks!" The display showed a single Tie Fighter in a patrol pattern a little too close for comfort. Sal maintained his course, hoping the Tie would not notice him.

The Vanguard

OOC: going to bed soon EST... but will pick up in the AM :)

4. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    IC: Reen G'Spaugh, T.I.E. Pilot
    Bespin Orbit

A-hA! Reen thought to herself. The TIEs heat sensors picked up a signature not far from her, a little low. She tilted her craft on it's 'side' and maneuvered towards the pick-up. She wouldn't hail the craft to make sure it was her target, she didn't need to explain anything to anyone. She would identify her enemy and fire. "A Y-wing?" She had been looking for an RZ-1 Rebel A-wing coming from Bespin that was to be tracked down and eliminated. "Oh well, looks like this rebel picked the wrong day for a pleasure cruise."

WIth that, Reen accelerated towards the Y-wing, clearly at attack speeds.
    dragonsith13

5. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Kaleesh-Cyborg Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 4, 2017
    Stormaktstiden "Storm" Harskar Passchendaele - Starfighter, Dagger Class Pilot
    Bespin Orbit

Slicing the velvety black canvas of space like a silver blade, a dagger class starfighter bearing a single Imperial insignia seems to come out of nowhere, hanging back from the lone TIE fighter. The Kaleesh being piloting the starfighter is a bit disappointed he hadn't spotted the Rebel Y-wing first, but he can deal with covering the other Imperial fighter, knowing he will eventually get the chance to put the fear of the Empire into the unfortunate Rebel pilot. He flips a switch and calmly sends a communication to Reen as she begins to engage the enemy.

"Proceed as planned, TIE Fighter," Stormakstiden states solidly, "The eye of the Storm is upon you." And with that, he tilts his starfighter to shadow Reen's every move.

Tag: The Vanguard
    OOC- I'll be your wingman. :)

The Vanguard, dragonsith13 and Sarge like this.
  6. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    Bespin Orbit

The Tie Fighter was approaching fast as the threat board lit up with a fast closing distance on the sensors. He didn't have the craft to out run a TIE even a stock one. Take a Y-Wing, it will be a routine mission... they said. Sal grunted as he toggled the rear deflector shields and began to push the throttle forward, rolling to his right and pointing the nose down to begin a dive to pick up some speed.

As he began his dive, Sal viewed a second sensor ping, another fighter drawing into formation almost shadowing the TIE fighter beginning its run on him. There was no time to determine if it was friendly or foe, he had to get some speed and distance. The rear shield were near full charge as he was into his dive now pushing the nose down further.

Kaleesh-Cyborg The Vanguard

7. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    IC: The Knighthawk
    Over Bespin

With no more warning than a slight ripple in the starfield, a modified X-wing dropped to sublight speed and closed in fast toward the trailing fighter.

[​IMG]

It moved in alongside and broadcast on an open channel. "Dagger-class fighter, this is... The Knighthawk. From where I sit, you look like you're nicely positioned to interfere in someone else's 1 v 1 engagement. Know you not of the ancient and honorable fighter pilot traditions of the dogfight? To interfere in the outcome of a contest of one pilot's skill against another is unacceptable. Meddle in their duel at your peril. Do not make me enforce your noninterference with their engagement, unless you're willing to engage... The Knighthawk!"

In the X-wing's cockpit, an internal speaker crackled to life as the occupant of the droid socket spoke to the pilot. "What the utini was that supposed to be? You sound ridiculous!"

"Just shut up, TJ, I'm intimidating this guy," said the Lafrarian pilot.

"Seriously?! You'd better hope he's no better as a pilot than you are as an intimidator, or he'll turn around and blast us both from here to the Core."

The X-wing eased into close visual range with the Dagger, and the pilot turned and looked into the cockpit of the Imperial-marked fighter. He transmitted, "Don't make me lock S-foils, Dagger pilot. I have no interest in killing you, but I have no way to give you a ride home, and it's a long walk from here."

[​IMG]

The R3D astromech groaned, "Oh, for the love of all that's sandy, let me out. I'll walk from here. You're a loon, pilot."

TAG: dragonsith13, The Vanguard, Kaleesh-Cyborg
    OOC: Hey, mind if I join the fun? I had a couple of interesting conharacter ideas, and this seemed like a good place to try them out.

8. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Stormakstiden
    Bespin Orbit

Storm glances down at his control panel as his radar picks up another ship. Simultaneously, communication from said ship crackles over his transmitter. The Kaleesh can't hold back a smirk as he listens to "the Knighthawk" talk pretty big on dogfight integrity. Now this is amusing. He could listen to this guy talk all day just for entertainment purposes. Does he really think he's intimidating anyone?

"Unlike the likes of you Rebel scum, I try not to let comrades get cornered without backup," he replies calmly, "Enforce at your own risk, Knighthawk. You will not discourage or remove me from my post."

As the opposing fighter making the threats comes within sight of the viewport, Storm chuckles darkly. Gutsy little beast, this Knighthawk. But true to the Kaleesh's word, he does not waver from his position as the TIE fighter's wingman, shadowing perfectly while keeping an eye on the fourth ship to move into this cluster.

"Let me live and you will spend a lifetime wishing you had killed me," he mutters, "Your move, pilot. I will let you choose whether or not to make this more complicated than it really is."

Tag: Sarge dragonsith13 The Vanguard

dragonsith13, The Vanguard and Sarge like this.
  9. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    The Knighthawk
    Swooping Victoriously Down Toward Bespin

"Complicate this."

The X-wing eased a bit to the right, moving away slightly from the Dagger, and locked S-foils in attack position.

[​IMG]

Suddenly rolling 90 degrees into a vertical left bank, it swerved toward the Dagger and unleashed a short burst of cannon fire, a warning shot across the Dagger's nose.

"Do I make myself clear? I only have one way to communicate with you more clearly, and that's a transmission you can only receive once. So clear out, or claws out. Last chance."

The R3 unit sighed. "Shields are up, pilot. If you get us killed today, I will haunt you from Tatooine to Coruscant. And back. At sublight speed. I hope I'm making myself clear. You got that... The Knighthawk?" Judging by its tone of voice, lack of fingers was all that was preventing the droid from making the air quotes gesture.

TAGS: Kaleesh-Cyborg, The Vanguard, dragonsith13

10. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    IC: Reen G'Spaugh
    Bespin Orbit

Reen's will was hardening, her wing-mate, the ever-smooth Stormakstiden had her flank and she was going to see her mission through come hell or high canon fire. "I've got this porker in my sights Storm, 10 more seconds and he's within lock."

[​IMG]

She let out slowly in an exhale, not realizing that she was holding her breath in concentration. A bead of sweat began to build up on her nose as she peered intensely though her helmet at the sensor screens. "5 more seconds!"

Kaleesh-Cyborg Sarge dragonsith13

11. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Stormaktstiden
    Bespin Orbit

Storm braces himself for the hit, knowing this fool pilot is likely going to be brazen enough to test him. Unfortunately, the Kaleesh does not play well with others. He can barely play nicely with his own allies. He's not too concerned though, even as the shots rock his spacecraft sideways and pull the nose of the fighter downward, forcing him to jerk the yoke down to his knees to realign himself again. Actually, the boldness of this pilot might make for some fun sport. Still, he is obligated to cover Reen as she pursues the Y-wing. Time to multitask.

"Crystal...Knighthawk," he replies coldly, banking the dagger sideways to swing directly for the X-wing, where he returns fire on the spot, "You may have just signed your death warrant. I hope you have been practicing your evasive maneuvers."

He fires another burst and ascends rapidly, straight up directly above Reen and keeping tabs on her whereabouts while dealing with the Knighthawk. "Back off, bird of prey, or this fight will quickly become as unorthodox as it could possibly get and we will see just how broad your skill set is."

Tag: Sarge The Vanguard dragonsith13

dragonsith13 and Sarge like this.
  12. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    In the Opening Rounds of a Soon-to-Be Legendary Dogfight at Bespin

The X-wing twisted into a barrel roll that kept it slightly clear of the Dagger's shots.

"That's a pretty radical maneuver, Storm, especially for a pilot who just promised a moment ago that he would not ever be removed from his post. Apparently you're maintaining a rigid state of flexibility."

The Knighthawk pulled up into a vertical climb, showing his tail to Storm. It was an obvious ploy to lure the Dagger away from the TIE v Y engagement below.

Inside the cockpit, The Knighthawk spoke to the R3D unit. "JT, put shields at full power, double rear."

"They're already at full power, and I'd put them triple rear if I could. Where did you learn this move, in the last chapter of Fighter Pilot Tactics for Morons?"

"You know most droids just whistle and chirp. That would sound pretty good right now."

"I'll whistle and chirp like a songbird if it gets us out of here in one piece."

"Just shut up a minute, I need to taunt this guy again." The Knighthawk transmitted, "Do you want to come up here and see who's got the broadest skill set? Or are you afraid of heights? If you get vertigo, just yield to The Knighthawk and I'll allow you to leave the arena with only a few carbon scores on your hull."

TAG: Kaleesh-Cyborg, dragonsith13, The Vanguard

dragonsith13 and Kaleesh-Cyborg like this.
  13. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    Bespin Orbit

The second unidentified fighter was pulling in behind the TIE, as Sal tried to coax every ounce of speed out of the bomber craft. This thing was not meant for trying to outrun others, let alone a TIE and a modified unidentified craft.

Out of the corner of his eye Sal spottent he familiar silhouette of an X-Winf entering the fray, It s-foils popping into attack position as it accelerated. Descending in an attack direction of the TIE and other unknown craft. Sal breathed a slight sigh, whomever it was it was welcomed! A short bust of cannon fire was sent across the bow of one of the fighters, as almost a warning.

Despite the welcomed addition to the fight, there was still the matter of the fighter on his tail. Even moving into a dive and driving the nose forward was not enough to escape the TIE fighter, whose speed and maneuverability outmatched his own fighter.

Sal’s threat display roared as a laser lock was tracking. 20 seconds- 10 seconds- 5 seconds.

‘X-Wing – Nighthawk - this is Green Two, come in?’ Sal referred to the open comms transmission which he had picked up on the potential pilot’s name.

The X-Wing moved through an aggressive barrel role and pulled up into a vertical climb, it would reduce his air speed.. but potential draw the unidentified craft out of covering for the TIE. An attempt to isolate fighter with fighter.

The taunts and chimes of the ‘Nighthawk’ over the comms were refreshing and amusing. An added bonus to the dance of fire and steel.

Sal was pushing the Y-Wing to its limits with the dive. Still not able to outrun the TIE Fighter. The toher fighters had presented an opportunity.

Sal yanked the throttle back and pulled up on the stick. Nearly sheering the twin Koensayr R200 Ion Jet Engines from the bracing hull points attached to the main hull and cockpit. The Bomber lurch back as the nose came back up and nearly flipped backwards. Almost immediately reversing its decent. If the craft was good for one thing, it was coming to a stop. Sal's head and body was pinned against the seat and headrest, as an excessive amount of G-forces were exuded, to the point of his eyes rolling back into his eyes a bit. The Y-Wing lurched up as he executed the maneuver. The rapid decrease in airspeed and decent would surely come as a surprise, as the TIE had been closing at a rapid and fast pace. The TIE pilot was good. Steady. All that could be asked for in a pilot.

Sal braced for a quick flutter of cannon fire which would be coming, though at such fast speed and with the break-neck maneuver the TIE would have little time to react after barely firing and overshoot him.

The primary problem would be gaining speed again, as Sal pointed the nose up and tried to gain altitude towards the X-wing and other unidentified craft, hoping to use them as a screen and tangle the fight up a bit, while regaining some speed. His lungs opened up again and a stutter breath, as he panted and his eyes began to focus again. Above the X-Wing and unidentified hostile craft were in his view. He knew the TIE would be coming about rapidly up from below now.

'X-Wing, Night.. break right bring him across my bow!'

Sal had hoped to get a volley of blaster fire across the other craft, whihc he now identified visually as a 'Dagger Class fighter', sleek and tri-winged.

Squeezing the trigger Sal aimed for where he hoped the X-wing pilot would lead him. Meanwhile Sal throttled up as best he could and kept the shield at full rear for what he knew was a coming attack from the TIE.

Sarge, The Vanguard, Kaleesh-Cyborg

Sarge and Kaleesh-Cyborg like this.
  14. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Stormaktstiden
    Bespin Orbit

Storm curses in Kaleesh as the Knighthawk effectively dodges his return of fire. Quite the stroke of luck for the loudmouth piloting the X-wing. He should have gone down in a blaze from that. Topping out at the altitude he is satisfied with, he tips the dagger backwards, facing the tail of the Knighthawk from an upside-down position, where he abandons firing cheap shots and instead launches a missile at his challenger's backside. He then shuts down his engines and lets gravity have him, plummeting toward Bespin like this is a suicide flight with Reen as a target to take down with him as she glides directly below.

The thrill of the fall is all in cheating death. If there is anything Stormaktstiden trusts, it is his vessel and his own skills in handling it. At the last minute, he switches his engines on again and the dagger lurches forward out of the plunge, rolling right-side up again and slicing the vast space air like a razor blade to glide barely three feet above the highest point of Reen's TIE fighter, shadowing her as though he had never put any distance between them to begin with. Yes, he's showing off and, yes, he's darn proud of himself.

"What are you running from, Knighthawk?" he chuckles, "Your droid in urgent need of an oil change? If you were paying attention, you might have noticed that I am not afraid of heights; nor am I afraid of falling from them. And you did not remove me from my post. I merely ascended to cool down after your little warning shot that really ticked me off. I just had the Backstabber repainted, you know."

He laughs openly as this brazen pilot tries the bribe to "let him off easy" if he agrees to disengage from Reen's pursuit of the Y-wing. Yeah, he will disengage all right. When Mustafar freezes over.

"Ha! Not on your life," he replies, "I want to see this wanderer regret drifting into Imperial territory. Now begone, Knighthawk, before I launch another missile at you."

Tag: Sarge dragonsith13 The Vanguard

Sarge likes this.
  15. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Bespin, in a furious four-fighter furball

"A missile, Storm? Really? Don't you know those things are the last refuge of the marginally competent combat aviator? Maybe someday you'll learn, there's no kill like a gun kill."

He switched to internal comm to talk to his astromech. "JT, I need you to cut power to both upper engines now, and go to maximum emergency thrust on both lower engines. Ready? Go!" An instant later he snatched the controls full aft. The X-wing's nose snapped upward in a violent positive-G pitch-up through the vertical and back down. As the nose dropped past the inverted horizon, he told JT, "All engines at full power now!" He centered his controls and the X-wing steadied in a vertical full power dive, coming back on a reverse course head-on to the incoming homing missile. A light touch on the firing stud launched a torpedo of his own. It detonated a moment later, the explosion destroying and setting off Storm's missile. The X-wing rolled victoriously as it punched through the center of the massive fireball, superheated plasma shunted away by the front shields.

'X-Wing, Night.. break right bring him across my bow!'

The Knighthawk broke right, transmitting, "Wilco, Green Two. Looks like we're going to make this a 2 v 2 contest. That's fair. I can play that game."

The R3D complained, "You're playing games? You're lucky I don't have a stomach or I'd have puked right down the back of your flight suit after that reversal. Have a little respect for the equipment, pilot!"

TAG: @Kaleesh-Cyborg, @dragonsith13, @The Vanguard

Kaleesh-Cyborg likes this.
  16. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    ooc: The Vanguard

Your turn :)

and if this is going to be a 2 v. 2 we should have a posting order.

Alternating opposing sides :)

17. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    Kaleesh-Cyborg likes this.
  18. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    OOC- Sure. We can have a little fun and keep the thread active. I think I'll throw Vexx into a little open space while Storm is occupied elsewhere.

IC- Grievance Vexx
    Belbullab-22 Starfighter
    Orbiting Hoth

Hoth. A planetary representation of hell frozen over. Vexx isn't quite sure why he has decided to venture out here. His species is not made for frigid climates. Something about the deadly beauty below pulls at him though. Maybe it's the solitude. Who can rightly say? What he does know is this planet is a perfect place to practice dangerous maneuvers once he enters the atmosphere and, so far that he knows, there is no one around to try and stop him. Even if there were someone here to stop him, well...good luck stopping him.

Tag: @dragonsith13

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.