main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Altair You a New One: The Assassin's Creed Series

Discussion in 'Community' started by Valyn, May 14, 2010.

1. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Oh, I didn't mean the series, I meant the whole Pope deal...

2. whateveritis12

whateveritis12 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 29, 2008
    *Spoilers I guess*

Rodrigo Borgia (The Pope) kills himself as Ezio is listening to Minerva, imbibes some poison I think. Brotherhood is Ezio dealing with the rest of the Borgia family (pretty sure it's Rodrigo's son who attacks the Auditore Villa at the start of Brotherhood), while also cleaning Rome of its corruption by the Templars.

3. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    No. Rodrigo Borgia didn't die until a few years after the end of AC2. I think you've missed some of the trailers (particularly the one where Ezio is walking on St. Peter's square, pushing cardinals aside). Rodrigo is still alive at this point, accompanied by his son Cesare (who I guess will be the main antagonist this time around). The game will probably involve many plots that may end up with Rodrigo accidentally sipping from his own favorite poison.

4. Labria_uk

Labria_uk Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 18, 2000
    Brotherhood is far more then a addon.

It continues the story of Ezio and his liberation of Rome.

Spoilers

Within Rome are 12 towers that control the districts, for each one you have to kill the commander and destroy the tower, after each destruction that particular district will regenerate (like where you restore the villa in AC2), shops will open. There are more special weapons involved in the game, Leonardo Da Vinci is coerced to work for the Borgia's so you have to destroy his war machines and plans. Oh and finally there is more action in the near future with Desmond.

Links...
    The Siege of Villa

Exotic gameplay trailer

More gameplay

5. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I just read the latest GameInformer's article on Brotherhood...and it's gonna be huge and complex. Extremely so. The Truth puzzles are back, as well more secret platforming-puzzling lairs. Destroying the aforementioned Borgia towers will, in effect, make you "owner" of that section of Rome you liberate, along with valuable structures and shops for you to use and gain income from. Therefore the "Monteriggioni Monopoly" game from last time around will be expanded considerably. The Assasins you recruit will in a way form a minigame of their own, as you send them on to unplayable missions with historical context that, if completed succesfully by the Assasin(s) you use, will allow them and you to level up.

Desmond and his allies will set up shop in the ruins of Monteriggioni, and some of Desmond's missions will involve traversing the ancient villa in order to provide power and other amenities to the Scooby gang's new Batcave (the Assasins' crypt at the bottom of the villa). There is supposedly some sort of VR training missions as well (a la Metal Gear Solid), if you want to take a break from the story.

I was blown away, literally. The guys that produced the last game gave us an almost flawless experience, and if they up the ante like this without comprimising quality, I may not even wait for a review to pick up this puppy.

6. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    So it's been determined that Brotherhood is a full out worthwhile $60 game then?

7. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Well, it cetainly sounds like it's no mere expansion, I can tell you that much.

8. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    The more I read, the better this sounds.
    Awe----some.

9. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    Glad I abandoned my TFUII pre-order for this. Will be worthwhile.

10. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004

11. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    I'm all in, now....

12. XJapanRoX

XJapanRoX Official Star Wars Artist star 2 VIP

Dec 5, 2004
    Can't wait for this one!!

13. DarthVengeant

DarthVengeant Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    Go over to Gamespot and watch/read the updates there. It is by far not an "expansion". It has plenty of it's own Single Player campaign. The Multi-player is just an expansion of the main story really, which revolves around the creation of a group of people for assassination and cleaning up Rome.

14. JasperMereel_

JasperMereel_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2006
    I am looking foward to this game myself. I still haven't played the second one though.

15. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Strongly advise that you remedy this before acquiring Brotherhood.

16. A-Null

A-Null Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 23, 2009
    I came in to ask this exact question. Will Brotherhood not make sense if I don't play AC2?

17. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Well, we can't really tell until we see how much background it covers when it's released, but while you probably could make sense of it, it's much better to have played AC2 first. Of course, AC2 is also an excellent game on its own.

18. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    As suggested by Jedi Ben, I strongly advise that you play AC2 before acquiring Brotherhood. Otherwise, you won't know who the hell Ezio Auditore is nor why would you care about his vendetta in Rome against the Borgias. And no, you won't do yourself any favors if you just Wiki a cliff notes version of it. The game is dirt cheap now mostly everywhere, so go get it so that you can get up to speed by the times Brotherhood comes out.

19. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    Um, awesome. Here's the full [final] preview and IGN's impressions of Multiplayer. Sounds awesome.

20. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I don't think you're in danger of it not making sense, there'll be a summary of some kind, but you won't have the sense of involvement you'd have from having played AC2.

There's also the fact that AC2 allows you to go around Florence and Venice, there's only Rome in Brotherhood but it's supposed to be massive.

21. A-Null

A-Null Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 23, 2009
    Thanks for the advice people. I shall purchase AC2...

Saw a copy on Amazon UK for £13 ($20 or so) which is very cheap...will play that alongside TFU2 and when I get COD this week!

22. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    As others have stated, it will stand on it's own. But, I think playing the earlier installments will make Brotherhood an even richer gaming experience.

23. JasperMereel_

JasperMereel_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2006
    Good advice there Ben. I will follow that there and not miss the gaming goodness of the second game.

24. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Downloaded the free 'Brotherhood' Copernicus missions on the KevinButler, EPIC-gaming network....

Fighting the urge to get this at midnight.
    :p

25. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    I'd almost forgotten this was coming out tomorrow. Now, to somehow avoid any and all mentions of plot details until the PC release...perhaps by replaying the first two.