main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Altair You a New One: The Assassin's Creed Series

Discussion in 'Community' started by Valyn, May 14, 2010.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Reduce the difficulty, stubborn one.

2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I did. It’s on easy. I still can’t win. :p

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  3. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    They using poison? Fire? Both of those are pretty overpowered and mercenaries cheat - if your gear is weaker and they have level superiority.....

4. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah, they’re using both. We’re at the same level (37) and I have Theseus’ armor on which I thought would be pretty protective. I guess I’m just gonna have to level up some more and see what happens.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  5. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Don't ever fight fair - higher level, upgraded gear to the max, everything to tip the odds.

6. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    ok so identify the merc, each one has strengths and weaknesses. go to the mercenaries tab and check for theirs. also make sure you 100% lower the region (Boetia right?) power before the battle. Also upgrade your gear or get specific warrior damage gear and engrave it with a modifier on damaging athenian soliders. i usually have some gear for both factions in case I hit a snag like that

Darth Chiznuk and Jedi Ben like this.
  7. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Also Vn's post - exploiting the weaknesses is the way to go.

vncredleader likes this.
  8. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Played when I got home from work and beat it. I had almost no health when I struck the killing blow on the merc. Then it was only a matter of killing a couple other soldiers to get my health back up and staying alive until the battle was over. Boy was it close though. I’ve never been more happy to see the word “victory”. :p

9. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    So I guess I finished the main storyline (at least that’s what my Xbox told me :p)...

I was able to redeem Alexios and he’s now a part of my ship’s crew along with the other family members. Yay! I still have the Gates of Atlantis to beat and I want to clear out the rest of the Cult of Kosmos. I’ve defeated the Sphinx, Cyclops and Minotaur so I just Medusa left. I’ve heard she’s pretty hard so I’ll probably level up some more before I try taking her on.

darkspine10 likes this.
  10. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    As you found in Origins, so too for Odyssey is there benefit in doing the DLC in order.

11. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    Ive played Like another 15+ hours if Odyssey without doing another story mission yet, and ive only cleared like 3-4 smaller areas.

What is supposed to be endgame level for the campaign? I think im 33 now.

12. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    50 I think, as a minimum unless you like fighting enemies stronger than you.

solojones likes this.
  13. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I knew it was Aspasia! :p Seriously right after Perikles was killed I thought she was the Ghost. Well, I have defeated all members of the Cult and Medusa. She actually wasn’t as hard as I assumed. I thought she was the easiest of the mythic creatures you have to fight.

darthcaedus1138 and darkspine10 like this.
  14. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    That would be nice. It would be a shame not to see Rome in its heyday, after seeing the ruins from Brotherhood. Well, Aya's time wouldn't be the height of Imperial Rome but that's fine, it'll still be the somewhat disorganized mess it was at the end of the republic. Like getting to play in the Cinecitta set of HBO Rome.

solojones likes this.
  15. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I was finally able to defeat the first episode of the Fate of Atlantis DLC. Gorgeous level design as always and for the most part I enjoyed it. But after over a hundred hours with this game the fact that I had to hunt down dozens of statues of Persephone all over the map just so I can complete the episode annoyed the crap out of me. :p

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  16. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    This is why Rae and I said you weren't doing the DLC in a weekend.

Oh, by the by, prepare for a Curse-level difficulty increase on the next episode right from the start.

17. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Oh yeah, I quickly realized that was a pipe dream. :p

darkspine10 and Jedi Ben like this.
  18. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    I finally decided to move forward with some story so i went to Attika, currently level 45, have 11 ability pts available, ship is all Legendary except rowers.

So far I absolutely love everything with Sokrates. Love his conversations. I knew i took Philosophy in college for a reason.

Like 12 levels ago i decided to stop hoarding as many pts and got a few more skills. I can basically assassinate every at level or below enemy/misthios. Misthios no longer hunt me, i hunt misthios. Most of the world still unexplored.

Edit: This is the first AC game where i don't actually hate the ship combat. Its still not really enjoyable, i just don't hate it.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
  19. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Ramming an enemy ship clean in two never got old for me.

solojones and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  20. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Okay, Assassin’s Creed, not cool!

I didn’t expect such an emotionally exhausting Episode. Helping Brasidas and Phoibe in the underworld was both heartbreaking and incredibly satisfying. I liked this episode better for the simple fact that it dealt with characters you come to care about in the main game. But damn those boss battles were hard!

Two-thirds of the way through this DLC now. Total playtime so far is 109 hours. [face_hypnotized]

21. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Warned yeh.

Chiz, my solution, as I couldn't get past Crereberus was to respec Kass. Whacked her physical resistance to high 80s, after that? Kass was almost immortal.

By the time I finished with Odyssey I was at the 250 hour mark.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
    solojones and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  22. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I found Hades the harder of the two personally. That damn shield he puts up every time you get a little of his health down was frustrating. Eventually though I learned to avoid him until my Ares ability was up and then I could take off a lot of his shield and health with that.

And I thought my time was impressive. Wow. ^:)^

23. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I did get the 100% map completion

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  24. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    126 hours in and across several months I have finally finished the final episode of the fate of Atlantis dlc. I got to say this was a monster of a game and I kinda feel like the way FOA ended leaves a bit of room for more for the Eagle bearer, is it possible She/He will turn up in other games? I mean they do live for a really long time!

Jedi Ben and darthcaedus1138 like this.
  25. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I am reminded that I'm not done with one thing in Odyssey: the educational tour! I love it but haven't finished it. I did literally all of it in Origins and want to do the same here.

Darth Chiznuk and PimpBacca like this.