main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Altair You a New One: The Assassin's Creed Series

Discussion in 'Community' started by Valyn, May 14, 2010.

1. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    More supposed leaks.

2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    It starts with "4Chan"

3. PimpBacca

Oct 4, 2015
    I know but it’s been know to be right from time to time

4. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    It's still a stinking sewer.

blackmyron and PimpBacca like this.
  5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    That battle on the Bifrost against the Jotuns was a blast. Overall the combat in the game is superior to Odyssey. Still challenging without being so hard you get frustrated and throw your controller at the tv. :p Especially with the boss battles. Thankfully no bugs popped up in this area.

6. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    How you finding the stamina 'system'?

7. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    It gets kind of frustrating at times when you run out during a boss fight and they hack away at you. It’s also more challenging since your health doesn’t automatically regenerate like in previous games. Have to make sure I have at least a couple health bars before entering any major engagement.

8. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah I had to switch to Easy partway through Odyssey. I've had no trouble with this one on normal though.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  9. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Finished AC3, finally. Didn't do all the little side stuff - hunting a unique cougar was especially annoying. But I did all the naval and homestead stuff.
    I did already know how the story ended in modern day. I guess it was a decent wrapup to the storyline?
    I won't miss boring old Desmond. The other three Assassins are fun, though.
    Also, pleasantly surprised by the plot of the DLC. Once done, onwards to Liberation.... and then The One With Pirates!

darkspine10 and darthcaedus1138 like this.
  10. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I’m a hundred hours into Valhalla now and getting closer to the end game.

I just saved Eivor’s ungrateful brother. :p

Overall this is a better experience than Odyssey which burned me out. I feel like I could play this for another 50 hours or so. It’s a lot of fun. The only nitpicks I have are that stealth is completely pointless. Guards notice you almost immediately even with your hood up. The raven is also useless. I don’t get why they got rid of tagging enemies and objectives. Oh well. Just like Origins and Odyssey I love spending hours just exploring the world. There aren’t as many well known landmarks as ancient Egypt and Greece had but its fun being around the crumbling ruins of Roman Britain.

11. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Stealth is definitely not viable in this game. Fine with me because I'd rather bash everyone.

12. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    It's amazing how, in the 9th century, they had completely mastered the now long lost art of totally indestructible doors. Along with locked doors to rooms with no easily used alternative exit.
    I can do stealth - in the style of taking up position in a sniper's perch and shooting everyone in the head.

It's strange though. Denying info previously easily obtainable via the bird works against the idea of stealth, especially with every enemy having super eyesight.

At the same time the R3 button gets overloaded - I switched off the explosive corpse ability because it interfered with Odin's Sight ability, despite that being nerfed.

13. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Finally finished Liberation. Enjoyed the conceit of the meta 'playing a game' within the universe of AC itself.
    I liked the twist that Abstergo released Liberation as a game/Templar propaganda - apparently with the help of Ubisoft in-universe, according to IV! - and that hackers show the 'edited' content, like the true end to the game. The fake game credits were a nice touch too. Good lead-in to the 'modern day' plot of IV - which, BTW, I just discovered today that my cousin in Montreal is one of the QA Test Leads at Ubisoft Montreal.

I ***ing hated the Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag game, though.

Not the video game itself, mind you. I'm talking about 'Getting a PC to run a 6 year old game that was so poorly optimized that it can't handle things like triple buffering, PhysX, or storing the game on a secondary drive". It took forever to get the damn thing to run correctly.

... but I did in the end. Game runs smooth as silk. So far, still mucking about in Havana, as I feel keener about doing all the side mission stuff here than in some of the other games. (BTW, I did get all the diary pages in Liberation, and got... a bloody hat as a reward. Ugh.) This is what I feel I've been waiting for - an epic pirate game with lots of stuff to do. While I'm 'meh' about Unity and Rogue, Syndicate I find intriguing. And then it's off to the Ancient History Trilogy!

14. Austin Chaos

Austin Chaos Jedi Knight star 1

May 28, 2020
    Syndicate is among my favorites in the whole franchise. Does it have its issues? Of course. But I enjoyed the Frey Twins, I enjoyed the setting, and I was just coming off an arkham game when I played it, so I didn’t mind the zip line tool.

I’ve always said that I feel Black Flag is a mediocre assassin’s creed game, but a stellar pirate game. It embodied the feel of fantasy pirates quite well, and even nailed some of the historical stuff alright too. It just left more to be desired as far as AC goes, IMO. But nothing beats sailing and listening to shanties. Loved that.

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  15. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012

Looks like the River Raids content is finally about to drop.

16. PimpBacca

Oct 4, 2015
    Thought I’d share this as it’s not based on one of the games and I’ll be getting this at some point. Could also be pointing to the next full game finally being in China.

The Ming Storm: An Assassin's Creed Novel (Assassin’s Creed)

17. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    The synopsis sounds like it'll be an adaptation of the Embers short film and Chronicles: China, the latter of which featured Shao Jun fighting the Eight Tigers and Zhang Yong. Wonder if they'll cover the India and Russia portions of Chronicles with novels too.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
  18. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Embers was great. I just might make this my first AC book to read.

So I thought I was at the end of Valhalla, because I thought it would end with Sussex. Whoops, not at all. That's more like the end of Act Two and beginning of a whole new arc. So I did Yorvik part 2, and am now out in Glowcester. Then it's back to Yorvik to.... I dunno? Maybe begin the actual end arc of the game? I'm not sure anymore :p

All I know is I already finished the Asgard part so I already know the "big reveal" probably earlier than you're supposed to.

darthcaedus1138 and darkspine10 like this.
  19. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Oh, that big reveal's nothing, you just wait til you reach the actual end of the game ;) My mind was in tatters by the end, but boy if it wasn't the most fun AC ending for years.

20. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Okay, interesting. Without giving away any spoilers, how far from the ending am I?

21. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Where are you in the game Rae? Sounded like you were near to the end.

Hmm, generally once you do the 250-280 areas, those are the endgame ones.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
  22. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    You know, I actually can't remember. There were so many zones by the end they all kind of blurred into one. I think Glowecestre is near the end though. You have to basically beat every zone bar Hamtumscire and the Asgard ones (but you've already done those).

23. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I am in Glowcester helping Gunnar. Then I'm going back up to Yorvik to talk to Halfdan again after helping him there earlier.

24. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Thought you were far further, good job I didn't say anything.

25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    there have been a few rumors that next game might take us back to France but in middle ages, maybe we could see how it came from hidden ones to assassin's. WIth one of the DLC being in France i have doubts. But i think next game we go to ground basics of AC like in AC 1.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021