main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Altair You a New One: The Assassin's Creed Series

Discussion in 'Community' started by Valyn, May 14, 2010.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Problem I have is, after they bring him to the future, everything you do in the Animus as Eivor is helping the total ******** that is Basim.
    As such, my continued interest in playing and tidying up the map, as I did in Odyssey, nosedived.

Hopefully one of the DLCs throws in another twist that sucks me back in. Since it sounds like they're expanding Valhalla more than they expected to, it might be they resolve the overall cliffhanger within Valhalla. Which would be good as it's to be a trilogy conclusion.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
    Dannik Jerriko likes this.
  2. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    For me, Basim pre-betrayal is a very different character to Basim post-betrayal. Out of nowhere, Basim turns into a slimy, amoral con-man.

I think we’re going to see a lot being fleshed-out in the DLC’s. After The Seige of Paris, it looks like we’re going to re-visit some mythical settings with an expansion based in Muspelheim rumoured.

I definitely want more information on the suggested reincarnation of Norse gods as the game’s central characters. I want to know what Odin is and his relationship to Eivor. There’s also a hint that Basim had already been alive for centuries prior to the events of Valhalla. I’m hoping to explore these elements whilst getting the chance to feed Basim an axe.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  4. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000

The rumor is there was going to be a smaller game about Knights in France and that it's being wrapped instead into Valhalla as DLC.

5. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    So, Assassin's Creed Infinity.....

Suggests they may use the expanded Valhalla to really conclude this story phase to clear the deck for it.

6. Dannik Jerriko

Sep 12, 2017
    This wouldn’t be a bad thing. Assassin’s Creed has been around for 14 years and a soft reboot is needed periodically to keep the story fresh and clear the deck for new players. I’ll be interested to see what Ubisoft come up with for the new generation of consoles.

7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018

I do hope more tv news in the year.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
  8. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    So, coming soon.... XAssassin's Creed.

9. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    There’s been some leaks indicating Siege of Paris might come out August 5th.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
    Moll and Dannik Jerriko like this.
  10. Dannik Jerriko

Sep 12, 2017
    Yeah, I think that’s almost certain now. The achievement/trophy list has been leaked as well.

11. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Siege of Paris hits 12 Aug.

Viking, you have killed Celts, Irish, Saxons, Picts - time for you to kill Gauls.

Adam of Nuchtern likes this.
  12. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Franks. If you want to kill Gauls, you’d need an Origins DLC.

13. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Knew I'd get one of those wrong. Would go for that Origins DLC too.

14. solojones

Sep 27, 2000

Yeah Caesar pretty much took care of that.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  15. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    The new patch for Odyssey is rather damn nice.

16. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Whew! Finished Origins. And by 'finish', I mean the main storyline. I still have Side MIssions, unexplored areas, and two DLCs to complete.
    Wow, that was long - 60 hours, and I felt like I was speeding through it. I got bored with the chariot racing pretty quick.
    As far as the 'origin story' of the Assassins, it worked. The motivations and how it came to pass fit together well in a logical progression. The Order of the Ancients was a great precursor to the Templars. And the depiction of Egypt was gorgeous, possibly the most picturesque of all the AC games up to this point. I can't wait until I get to Odyssey (which will probably be a while).

17. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    There's nothing quite like the tomb raiding in Origins. Odyssey and Valhalla both do some similar things but I got a visceral thrill exploring the Egyptian tombs and caves, it's probably a combination of the new RPG exploration of the series at the time plus just really loving Egyptian lore and mythology.

18. solojones

Sep 27, 2000

Yeah the setting is by far the best for tombs.

19. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Finished The Hidden Ones DLC. I don't have any real complaints, only that there wasn't much going on here - I think that this is where the game's lack of the AC traditional databank was felt the most. I wanted to know more about the Nabateans, the Sinai region during the rise of the Roman Empire era, etc.
    .... the next one, however, looks to be very, very interesting. Very much looking forward to playing second DLC.
    After that, I'll probably detour to other franchises before tackling Odyssey.

20. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    The second one is very different - oh and prepare to get thine arse kicked if you're not careful.

solojones, blackmyron and Moll like this.
  21. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    After the 1st DLC, this was unexpected... in more ways than one. Certainly it's larger, and longer.

22. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  23. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    "So it begins"

darthcaedus1138 and solojones like this.
  24. solojones

Sep 27, 2000

I love that second Origins DLC!

25. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Whew! Well, that was epic. Finally finished Origins, clocking in at 90 hours total time. Got a little sloppy at the end, as I didn't clear out every single possible location like I did with the main map and first DLC. Those were some fricking hard boss fights, but thanks to regenerating arrows and the power of arrow hits counting towards adrenaline, I was able to get through each one with a handful of tries each.