main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amazing things

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Xenobi, Mar 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xenobi

Xenobi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    What things will seem cool (that were not so cool) in the original trilogy when somenes watches them for the first time in the order of episodes 1-6....

example:
    When they show Boba Fett in episode 4 ...people are going to say, "Look it is Jango Fett!"

when Luke gets his hand cut off people will say, "Wow...just like his father!"

when people hear the "I Am YOUR FATHER" scene... people will be all holding their breath to see Luke's expression

2. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    When Luke gets his butt kicked by the sand people, new viewers will say, I guess whipping sand people skips a generation.

When Owen arrives, people will say, "He's still on that farm?"

When Leia kisses Luke, people will say "Yuck!"

Of course, the surprise of Yoda actually being Yoda will be gone but as with "I am your father," the pay-off will now be seeing Luke's reaction.

Ben's true power will no longer be so much of a mystery (as it was for the first half of ANH) but I think new audiences will have fun seeing him get up to his old tricks: evading guards "These aren't the droids you're looking for", using the lightsaber, telling half-truths.

3. Xenobi

Mar 13, 2002
    those are good ides

4. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    I think Vader killing Obi-Wan will be even more of a shock, after seeing the man throughout the PT.

5. Zaphod Beeblebrox

Zaphod Beeblebrox Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 1999
    I don't think people will say "Oh look, it's Jango", because Jango died very much in AOTC.

6. Naberrie_SkyWalker

Naberrie_SkyWalker Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 30, 2002
    -watching Vader and Leia interaction
    -when Obi tells Luke Vader" murdered and betrayed your father" ...
    -seeing the Death Star actually built(after seeing plans in AOTC and prolly EpiIII)
    -I am your father/Luke losing hand
    -seeing Anakins lightsaber
    -hearing twins talk about Padme
    -Anakins redemption

7. D_Lowe

D_Lowe Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 15, 2002
    How much Palpatine aged during the whole saga.
    [image=http://www.sgtfretsurfer.com/Grilled-Sarlacc/c/palpatine/pocketful_of_palpies.jpg]

8. The_Anakin_Wannabe

The_Anakin_Wannabe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2003
    When Leia kisses Luke, people will say "Yuck!"

I hope we don't find out that Leia is Lukes sister in E3, I think it should be a surprise in ROTJ.

-Old Bens death at the hands of Vader
    -Yoda's speech to Luke about not letting personal feelings get in the way of the big picture
    -Owens lines to Beru about Luke being like his father.

9. Latorski

Dec 14, 2002
    This is small but the "Ooooh, a green lightsaber!" thrill will no longer be in ROTJ. It'll be more like, "I knew the new lightsaber would be green."

10. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    "I took it upon myself to train [Anakin] as a Jedi"
    "...there you will learn from Yoda, the Jedi Master who instructed me"

Those lines will definately come as a shock to people who watch the PT first...being as THEY DIDN'T HAPPEN! ;) ;)

11. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    "I took it upon myself to train [Anakin] as a Jedi"
    ...which Obi-Wan did for several years, after Qui-Gon died...

"...there you will learn from Yoda, the Jedi Master who instructed me"
    ...which Yoda did, when Obi-Wan was a youngling, for about 10 years.

(hope this didn't double-post)

12. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    ...which Yoda did, when Obi-Wan was a youngling, for about 10 years.

A common misconception is that Yoda trained every youngling, mostly based upon his teaching of the Bear Clan younglings in AOTC. Yoda didn't train every youngling group- in fact, when he left for Geonosis, Depa Billaba proceeded to train the Bear Clan. ;)

One can speculate that Obi-Wan was trained by Yoda in lightsaber combat (taken from the first Jedi Apprentice book) and also could have resumed training him at the death of Qui-Gon, finishing Kenobi's training and preparing him for the Trials. :)

Ken Kenobi- And you have a nice day ;)

13. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    I knew that Yoda once trained Obi-Wan, but Qui-Gon was his real Master. Obi-Wan could have just said "There you will learn from Yoda, a Jedi Master of the old order" or something...having Yoda teach Younglings seems like a way to avoid the mistake.

And Obi-Wan didn't take it upon himself to train Anakin; Qui-Gon's dying wish was for him to train Anakin; he was following what Qui-Gon told him to do.

14. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    The parallelism of Luke and Anakin's journey through the Lars Homestead.

[image=http://members.arstechnica.com/subscriptors/x/preacherboy/LarsTable.jpg]

[image=http://www.theforce.net/multimedia/archive/Images/Classic_Trilogy/Characters/Owen_Beru/dinner.jpg]

15. TheFury

TheFury Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 27, 2003
    Obi-Wan does take it apon himself to train Anakin. At the end of TPM he tells Yoda that he'll train Anakin 'without the approval of the Council if I must'. He's going to train Anakin no matter what.

And Yoda did train him. The very first dialogue scene in TPM has Obi-Wan saying "But Master Yoda said I should be mindful of the future". It's obvious that Yoda has had a huge influence on him.

Back on topic - I think it will be great when Han is dismissive about Obi-Wan and says "Where did you dig up that old fossil".

Because this is the guy that's fought Sith Lords, huge Creatures and Armies of Battledroids.

16. lil_jedi_blondie

lil_jedi_blondie Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2003
    He said, "The JEDI MASTER who instructed me." The Order seems to be set up like, until the kids are taken on as padawans they are each assigned to a JEDI MASTER in a class. Then, a JEDI KNIGHT takes them on for a one-on-one kind of thing. Yoda is a jedi master and Qui-Gon is a Jedi Knight.

17. Jedi_Master201

Jedi_Master201 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    The word is "instructed" no "trained". ;) Yoda most certainly instructed Obi-Wan, as he did with most Jedi.

18. Valkor

Valkor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    Well the most amazing thing people will think is "wow, the first 3 movies were really crappy compared to the last 3." ;)

19. Lightsabel2

Lightsabel2 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    When C3PO says "thank the maker" it will have a whole new meaning.

20. Latorski

Dec 14, 2002
    One thing I already look at differently is trying to read Vader's mind in 2 ROTJ scenes. What Vader was thinking when he looked out at the forest after the conversation with Luke? I'd always figured he was struggling with inner demons with regards to his feelings for Luke. The PT raises additional possibilities- being a slave as a child and now being one to the dark side, perhaps his own pre-Sith past as a youth, Qui-Gon's belief in him, the now repressed love for Padme and Luke, even his friendship and falling out with young Obi-Wan.

The other is Vader's look when the Emperor is frying Luke. Aside from Vader's obvious pain at seeing his son tortured and desire to save his soul, I think Vader is now also thinking about PT things- his old love for Padme and the fact that Luke is her son, Ep 3 events that turn him to the dark side/almost kill him, his inability to save his mother.

21. JediHunterCommand

JediHunterCommand Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2003
    One thing that won't loose interest is Han's first appearance. We know where Luke's come from, we know where Obi's come from, we know the background of the droids, the Empire, and (probably) Vader -- but Han will still be this unknown quantity.

22. ObidioJuan

ObidioJuan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2002
    Where to start...

Ditto to posters above.

OB1 "that's no moon that's a battle station" (can't remember exact quote)

Vader flying close formation in the trench , "Now this is pod racing!"

The Homestead scenes.

The first time OB1 appears in ANH. After watching EP1 and 2 many times I watched ANH after a lapse of a couple of years and when OB1 first takes off the hood I was like expecting to see Ewan!, so cool. :D

Luke's clothes in ROTJ being the same as Maul's will make you wonder how much he's thinking about Vader's offer.

Vader's dialog in ANH, almost defending the Jedi Order in the DS.

More and more....

23. Xenobi

Mar 13, 2002
    Oh yeah ..when vader says "the power of the force is insignificant compared to the power of the force"

he is getting so defensive of the force

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.