main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amidala is the Key : An Amidala in Training History

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Glad is June, Jun 9, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angel_of_Naboo

Angel_of_Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2000
    POST, POST, POST!!!

2. Dark_Soldier

Dark_Soldier Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    ...I need to know what will happen next...
    I NEED IT!!!!
    MORE!!!

3. Glad is June

Glad is June Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2000
    sorry this is taking so long. We now have the computers hooked up and it's the weekend for me. more by tommarrow night.

4. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    Finally I have a post to post and am conected to the internet We were having some line problems earlier tonight.

________________________________________________________________________________________________
    "Let?s have a closer look at you."

Amidala felt herself being turned in every direction. A hot breath passing over her body. The end of the thinner tentacle began to probe her. The other moved along her body. Her naked body! What had happened to her swimming gear? Had the creature taken it off her? In her shock she let her shields drop. The Rebellious one laughed again. She wished he would stop. Every time he laughed a cold chill ran up her spine making it hard to control her fear.

"This is my throne room little one you will wear as little or as much as I want you to. And yes your suit is gone in the other world too. Quite a surprise for who ever finds you when I?m done. Yes I will return you alive. I?m not stupid. I will not destroy my only way out of here. Careful my servant we don?t want the key damaged. It is the only one. "

Amidala felt a shock of electricity. She screamed out. It came out of the tentacles that wrapped around her. It hurt and her skin burned where the tentacles touched her. She assumed it was something the Dark One had done to cause her pain. She was surprised when she heard him curse.

"Damn those Gungans and Manatee! I would have kept you longer. Filled your mind with more fear. That would have made things easier later on. I don?t have time now. You are not ready yet. You are too young for my purposes. I have waited along time I can wait a little longer. My servants will come for you when you have ripened. Let her go."

Amidala automatically took a deep breath. She knew she shouldn?t. She was still very deep under the surface of the lake. Air! Her lungs filled with air. Amidala opened her eyes. What she assumed were a young Gungan boy and older female Manatee swam on either side of her. She saw the other Gungans and Manatee take off perusing the creature. A strange globe surrounded her head. Every so often the Gungan or Manatee would press their mouths inside the globe and blow air into it.

Amidala had the feeling this was deep even for the beings who lived here. Between her lack of air and the electrical shock Amidala?s muscles screamed in pain and would not work. She wasn?t one of their own. They could have left her to drowned. Many of the Naboo believed the Gungans kidnapped children. Amidala had heard many frightening stories about the Gungans. As they slowly took her to the surface she wondered if the Gungans told the same stories about the Naboo to their children. 2 realizations today to talk to Great Grandmother about. The Rebellious One did really exist and the Gungans were not a part of his darkness. They were of the same light as the Naboo. Finally the water began to get lighter.

Richarde, Marco and some Gungans dove into the water. Amidala was handed over to her brother and cousin. She took a deep breath before the globe was pulled off her head. She saw the boy swim over to a younger girl Gungan and take her hand. They seemed to communicate. Before they swam off with the others both turned to wave at the Naboo.

When got to the surface it took all 3 boys to get a slippery limp Amidala on to the raft. They had her almost on once but Troy gasp and let go when he saw the burns on her skin. That caused the older boys to lose their grip and she sank back under the water. Finally everyone was on the raft. All they were wearing was their swim gear. Their other clothes they had left back at the fountain. But fortunately they had brought their towels with them. Richard wrapped a now shivering Amidala in the towels.

"I never thought anyone so little could be that hard to lift." Troy complained.

"Troy!" Both Marco and Richarde admonished together.

Marco laid a hand on Amidala?s forehead. "She?s got a fever. The sooner we get her home the better."

"Padme? Little sister, can you he

5. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

Eeek! How did I manage to miss this?

Another wonderful post! I can't wait to hear the discussion detween Ami and her Grandmother.

And I love the conversation between Richarde and his father.

Please post more whenever you can, Glad is June.

6. Dark_Soldier

Aug 17, 2000
    Great post, Glad is June!

7. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    Short post I think. It's all I had time to write. Remember me tonight please. It's real summer in the Illinois ex-swamp. Which means 100 degree plus with the heat index and humidity so high someone not from here would think it was fog. No air in one of my buildings. I really would much rather stay home and read stories on the Jedi Council.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

"Richarde I?m not an invalid or a 5 year old. I can walk to Great Grandmothers. I don?t even need you to show me the way. I?ve been going by myself since I was 6."

They were having an argument about Amidala riding the half grown kaadu that she had rode on her fifth birthday.

"Papa said you were to ride. Don?t make me throw you across the saddle and tie you on. You are going to ride like it or not. This time I am going to obey Papa no matter what anyone else says to me."

"But -"

"No buts about it Padme, baby sister. You are going to ride."

"And I said I am not! big brother."

The two stood glaring at each other.

"Haven?t you two left yet. I told your great grandmother you would be there for lunch. Leaving now you will be very late. Which will fluster RG19 and that will upset your great grandmother. You both know what happens then."

"Marmee she wont do as she?s told."

"He wants to treat me like a baby."

Their mother rolled her eyes. If she hadn?t come up on them when she did she knew what she would have found. Richarde trying to physically put his sister on the Kaadu and Amidala fighting him tooth and nail. Surprisingly to most people Amidala was small but she could hold her own. Even against her 15 year old brother.

"Padme ride for your father?s sake. Richarde you ride too. Saddle another kaadu."

"But Marmee it will make me look like a sissy. Everyone will harass me about it."

"Well, that is the price you are going to have to pay. It is much less painful than the price of being late."

Richarde had to agree. He rushed off to saddle another kaadu. They would have to ride the animals at full speed to get to the village on time. Actually he had been hoping since Amidala was being so stubborn his parents would change their minds about them going to the hills for the next month. This was the time of year the Hill People gathered most of their food for the winter. Including Ecallaw nuts. They celebrated their Retlaw in a months time with a festival they call ?The Telling?. The next month in the hills would be non-stop work and very little sleep. Usually they would go a few days before the festival. But because of yesterday in the swamp Luke and Leia Naberrie had decided to send the children for the entire month. Richarde had to admit the only person he had to blame was himself. It didn?t help that Amidala was being so stubborn.

Amidala stuck her tongue out at Richarde and made a nasty face. Even if she was a girl he was ready to give her a shove. No matter what Papa said. After all she was still his pesky little sister. What more punishment could his parents give him?

"Richarde!" His mother?s voice stopped him. She rarely raised her voice but when she did he knew it was best to do as he was told.

"Padme! if the wind changes your face will be frozen that way. Now get on the kaadus and get going. We will see you at the Telling." Leia Naberrie called after them. "No more fighting." She shook her head as they hurried into the hills. "Why couldn?t both of you got more of your father?s wise and cooperative spirit and less on my stubbornness and temper."

8. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

I seem to keep missing your posts, Glad is June! Thanks for this one. I can't wait to find out what's going to happen to them in the month they're there.

More!

9. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    Ok a long weekend so hopefully more post. I should be able to ge one up on each story today.

10. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    I know I promised something on both my stories. But I had to take my husband to the hospital today because he hurt his leg. This is all I got done.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________

Richarde and Amidala knelt before their great grandmother. They had made it on time. BUT Leia Marshall was not happy that they had arrived at the last second. RG19 had started fretting at least a half hour before driving her owner crazy. Finally the woman had shut the creature off. Something she disliked doing. RG19 was not just a serving droid but a friend and confidant to a woman who must keep some secrets even from her own people.

"What have you two got to say for yourselves?"

"We are sorry Great Grandmother." They knew better than to even try to argue with the older woman.

"Get washed up. We will discuss this at the table. But first see to those Kaadu. They should never be ridden so hard unless there is an emergency. I think the only emergency here was you both trying to avoid punishment for being late. Since you were in such a hurry you will have journey bread and water for lunch. Not the most deliceious food but nourisheing."

Journey Bread! Yuck! It was kept on had if an emergency arose and you had to pack and leave quickly. It kept pretty well but was dry and hard when fresh. Both children new their great grandmother would give them the oldest she could find. Even if she had to ask a neighbor. Great Grandmother rarely traveled so the bread in her house was probably the oldest in the village.

"Richarde?" Amidala asked as they walked the kaadus to cool them down. "When was the last time Great Grandmother traveled anywhere?"

"The day you were born she was the day she brought me back home from my year in the Hills."

"That wouldn?t require making journey bread. How old do you think the journey bread in her house is?"

"I don?t even want to think about it. Much less know."

"What if we just don?t eat what she gives us?"

"Don?t think about trying that. I tried it once. She kept giving me the same biscuit of journey bread for meals until I ate it all."

"How long did it take till you finished it?"

"Oh about 3 meal times. I was very stubborn. Just like you. Finally I got hungry enough to believe she meant what she said. I wouldn?t get anything else to eat until I ate it all. So you might as well just eat what she gives you."

At the table Great Grandmother had the children tell her why their parents had sent them early to the Hills. The also had to explain why they were almost late.

"So the Rebellious one knows now you have been born Little Ami. Question is why does he want you to be older?"

"I was going to ask you that Great Grandmother. It seemed it was very important that I not be damaged."

"Damaged? Interesting choice of words. Was there anything else you sensed that was very important to him? Tell me exactly what he said to you."

Amidala repeated again what had happened in the prison. She tried to be exact in repeating the Rebellious Ones words.

"He used the word ripe?"

"Yes."

Great Grandmother frowned. She closed her eyes and was quiet for so long Amidala began to wonder if she hadn?t fallen asleep. Amidala looked over at Richarde. He shrugged his shoulders. Finally Great Grandmother opened her eyes. She looked between Richarde and Amidala. The children didn?t know it but she was trying to decide if they were old enough and really ready to hear what she had to say.

"In ancient times when a female became old enough to breed offspring it would be announced to the People that she was ?ripe?. Then negotiations would begin for her matrimony."

Richarde blushed. The idea of the Rebellious One inspecting his sister to see if she was ?ripe? was both embarrassing and insulting. He knew of course what men and women did when they wanted to be alone. But connecting it to his sister was uncomfortable.

Amidala for her part sat trying to absorb the idea of what t

11. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    For the next week Richarde and Amidala were chained together. They thought having to put up with each other was hard before. But this was 24 hours a day. They were separated only for ?personal hygiene reasons.

Richarde couldn?t do anything with the other boys without his sister knowing. The other boys were reluctant to talk about or do things they normally would have. Not that they did or said anything wrong. But males like females like to spend time and talk amongst themselves sometimes.

Amidala had the same problem when she wanted to talk with other girls. Except on top of that the ones that were a little older than her spent the time flirting with Richarde.

At first they struggled against each other. But after a couple of days they both believed their great grandmother. The more they argued the longer they would stay chained together. Even if that meant through the night of the Telling. It was when they got so used to being chained and started working together Leia Marshall began to consider unchaining them. She wanted to time it right and she did. Both felt a loss when the cuffs were removed. It was strange to go anywhere without each other. While the children had been chained together they had been sleeping in the living area on cots. The first morning after they were unchained that?s where she found them. RG19 fretted about it but Great Grandmother smiled.

"Don?t worry about it RG19. It will be a lot easier to get them used to being apart than it was being together."

That was true. Neither child had realized how much they had prized their freedom.

12. Dark_Soldier

Aug 17, 2000
  13. Angel_of_Naboo

Angel_of_Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2000
    Excellent post!
    MORE!!!

14. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    The month passed and the Hill People came for the night of the Telling. Only the Hill People came to this. Anyone not of the Hills could not attend. There were only 2 ways you could be considered one of the Hill People. To be born of them or marry with the Elders approval. Anyone who wasn?t would die if they came into the Hills this night.

This was the only night their secrets were talked about. The only night the Prophecies of the Key were discussed. Nothing spoken of this night could be spoken at of any other place or time. The children were taught these things. But only deep inside certain caves with adults standing guard. Still no one knew all that Leia Marshall knew and was teaching Amidala.

The festival began with the moon rising and the Telling of the history of the creation of the planet and it?s people. When there was only one People and the Gungan and Naboo lived in peace. When there was only one Naboo People. Before there were 4 tribes of people. Before the Rebellious One deceived the People and caused the Gungan and Naboo to divide. Then only after centuries of war the Gungan and Hill People petitioned God to give them peace again. The Rebellious one was thrown into his prison without form. The female leader of the hill people was given the key to the secret to lock the gate forever. She passed the knowledge down.

Now Amidala was learning. Richarde was now included. Richarde now understood why his mother had not been happy that Amidala had been declared the Keeper of the Key. A lot of responsibility fell on the girl's shoulders. Including the lives or deaths of other people.

The Hill People had a rich history of stories and music that centered around their beliefs. For the most part they were a happy content people. Much more so than any of the other Naboo tribes. Yet there was a melancholy that ran under the surface. Perhaps because they knew their way of life was dying. Not everyone who could return returned for the Telling. More and more of the young people were marring outsiders and becoming part of the other tribes of People. No longer considering themselves a part of the Hills. After a couple of generations out side of the Hill their descendants stopped believing in the old stories and prophecies. Richarde and Amidala were unique in that they had been taught the history of all.

During and after the Telling there was feasting and music. Lots and lots of music. Lots and lots of food. All the children were allowed to stay up as late as they wanted. Though most were asleep not long after midnight. At dawn the festival ended and things were as they were before. No one spoke of the secrets for the next year outside of teaching times.

Before the next year a great many things changed for Richarde and Amidala. The major one being the death of their father. Before he died he told his wife that he had dreamed about the children?s future.

"You will see my dear. Richarde will become leader of the Hill People. He will guide them on a great journey. The People will be one again under his leadership. They will discover all the things they have lost. Our Padme will marry a man with blue eyes born of the Hills but not of the Naboo. Her children will free the Galaxy."

Leia Naberrie nodded and smiled at him in agreement. The leader of the Hill People was always a woman. Everyone born in the Hills had brown eyes. Brown eyes and varying shades of brown or black hair. No outsider would chose to have their child in the Hills. Most outsiders didn?t even venture into the Hills. She knew all the people who still claimed to be of the Hills. There was no one with blue eyes. How could you possibly be born of the Hills but not of the Naboo? Her husband was dying. It didn?t matter if it couldn?t come true. If it gave him comfort to believe it she was thankful for it.

Both children were affected deeply by the loss of their father. Richarde found comfort by working the land. Padme by reading his words. He had left his journals for both t

15. PrincessV

PrincessV Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2000
    Excellent! MORE SOON!!

16. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    Leia Naberrie stood at the window looking at the lane where she had met Luke Naberrie. Remembering that morning all those ago. Her sister-in-law Dedrea had been going on for hours it seemed. Perhaps she actually had been. It was hard for Leia to perceive time now. Her grief so new. Her loss so great. Not that she was ungrateful for the time she had had with Luke. But still she wished he could have lived longer. As much for herself as for the children. The next year would be the hardest for all of them. The children hadn?t slept in their own bedrooms since their fathers death. It was all right for now. Especially after today?s visit from Dedrea, Leia wanted her children near.

Leia was glad her back was to Dedrea as a smile came to her lips. Richarde was being the typical male. Not really wanting to show his pain. But every morning Liea woke up to see Richarde asleep on the settee. And Padme? Her little Padme always so confident and sure. Would be curled up against her for warmth.

When Luke?s mother had come to stay she started to teach Padme to sew. One of the few things the girl would sit still to do. Amidala?s first project was a quilt for her father?s birthday. They didn?t have much time and in the end they had all worked on the blanket. Even Richarde sat down to help. He was curious about what could keep his sister still for so long. It was good for Richarde. They had always believed the children should learn to do every thing. But Leia had had no idea how to get Richarde to learn how to thread a needle. The night before his fathers birthday he saw how much it meant to his sister to finish the quilt. Richard sat down with them handing his mother a needle and asked to be shown how. The stitches Richard or Padme had sewn weren?t perfect. But that was what had made the quilt so precious. From the time they gave it to him Luke did not let the quilt be far from him. At night he used it as an extra blanket. When he was ill he asked for it first before medicine or anything else. Saying "I like being surrounded by family. It?s the strongest medicine I know."

Now every morning Leia found Amidala wrapped in ?Papa?s Quilt? breathing deeply of his sent that still clung to it. Soon Leia new she would have to insist the children slept in their own rooms in their own beds. But not yet and defiantly not tonight.

Henry, Dedrea?s husband caught Leia?s smile. ~ He must wonder why I?m smiling. ~ Just then Dedrea?s words caught Leia?s ears.

"So I?ve decided at the end or the week you, mother and the children will more into Theed. You can stay at our house until we find a suitable man for you to marry. You?re still fairly young of child bearing years and with your looks it shouldn?t be hard. We should be able to have you married and in a new home by fall. The children can be enrolled in boarding schools if the man is uncomfortable about having someone else?s children in his home. The sale of this farm will take care of that cost."

Leia Naberrie turned and stared in shock at her sister-in-law. "What did you just say?"

"Poor child you weren?t listening to me were you." Dedrea said in a very patronizing tone. "Just why I need to take charge. I said ?"

"Never mind." Leia threw up a hand to stop Dedrea. "I heard what you said. I just find it hard to believe I heard you right. My husband of 18 years, the father of my children died less than a month ago. You?re talking of my marrying someone else. Dedrea I?m not leaving the farm. If your mother would like to go live with you in Theed she may. That is her choice. But she is welcome to stay here for as long as she likes."

"Now, now dear calm down. Your not really thinking about this properly. The time to sell the farm is now. Before the hard work of summer begins. Who do you expect to handle your finances? My brother left you quite well off. Something that adds to your value as a wife. You wouldn?t know where to begin to budget your money. In no time you would spend all your money then were wi

17. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    up! So I can find you easier. High everyone one more night and it's the weekend for me!

18. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Very nice, Glad is June!

19. Dark_Soldier

Aug 17, 2000
    Nice post!

20. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

I've not been to the site for a few days so I'm eagerly catching up. It's great to be able to read such good posts one after the other.

I'm already eagerly awaiting the next one!

21. PrincessV

PrincessV Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2000
  22. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    "Henry if the healers in the city can?t help you maybe you should go to see my Grandmother in the Hills. Maybe there?s a natural medicine that can help you."

"I?ve already done that. There?s nothing anyone can do for me. She gave me some herbs that have eased the pain. And I can sleep much better now. In a few months I will just not wake up one morning. Not really a bad way to die. I?ve had a good life I can?t complain. My son, daughter-in-law and grandchildren are a joy to me."

"You?ve told them and not your wife?"

"I?ve told Mark and Angelic. I couldn?t really hide it from them for very long. I think Lysse suspects something is wrong with her Grandpere but doesn?t say. She is growing into a woman so fast. I?m sorry I will miss her wedding. Though if Dedrea had anything to do with it she would at least be engaged."

"Henry she?s only 12."

"That?s what Mark and Angelic said. Then they proceeded to shock her by telling her they forbid her to arrange a marriage for any of their children. They want them to fall in love first. Like I said Dedrea?s having a hard time dealing with all this change."

Henry was quiet again. Leia could tell he was making some sort of a decision.

"Do you mind if we sit down Leia. I get so tired anymore."

"Oh, I?m sorry Henry. I wasn?t thinking. You didn?t need to stand all this time. How long did Dedrea go on? My sense of time is all out of whack. Do you want some tea or anything to eat."

"No just some rest will be fine. If I had sat down while Dedrea was 'going on' she would have wanted to know why. Leia don?t be too hard on her she?s had a hard life in some ways."

"Henry." Leia said in disbelief.

"I mean it Leia. Luke never told you because I asked him not to. This all happened so long ago. He was a good friend and a real brother to me. His and Dedrea?s father a real father to me. Their mother is as much a mother to me as my own mother.

My father was a gambler. He had inherited a large sum of money from his father and proceeded to lose it all. He still had a good name and managed to marry my mother. My father could talk anyone into just about anything. Her dowry was considerable. By the time I was born he had gone though most of that. Then he began to get money from her father for ?investments? he was making. Those investments were nights at gambling institutions. He would win some but spent most of that on alcohol and women. When my Grandfather died he had nothing left.

When I was about 5 years old I remember being awakened in the middle of the night by my mother. We had to leave the city we were in quickly. I learned later some men that my father owed money to wanted to kill him. We went to someone my father knew and he gave them what was left of my mother?s jewelry. The man bought every thing but this." Henry pulled out a pocket watch made of the cheapest metal. "He said it wasn?t worth anything even if he melted it down." Henry smiled. "But to me it?s the most precious thing I own. This was my mother right before she married my father."

He opened the watch and showed a faded portrait of a young woman to Leia. She looked amazingly like Lysse. "I haven?t quite decided who to leave it to, either Mark or Lysse. Lysse is a great deal like Dedrea. But when she came home from her vist here I saw some of my mother in her. Perhaps I will give it to Lysse. It might help her to grow kinder in her ways. Dedrea had a fit when Mark and Angelic wanted to name their daughter after my mother. It was the first time they showed that they were making their own decisions. Marco after her father wasn?t a issue."

Henry sighed. "But I digress. Where was I? Oh, yes. We arrived in Theed and found a place to live in one of the less reputable areas of the city. My father continued with his gambling. My mother did any kind of honest work she could find. My father wanted her to do other work that she could make more money at but she refused. Even when he beat her.

He would be gone for days or weeks

23. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    Henry lived to see Amidala elected as Ruler of Theed. Richarde accepted in an agricultural program on Alderaan. Marco got a healer apprenticeship. Tory spent as much time as he could on Leia?s parents farm. Luke Naberrie?s farm had been for his own enjoyment. But Leia?s parents farm was a real working farm. And Lysse even though it wasn?t very lady like or traditionally women?s work started learning about the businesses and factories her family owned.

One day when Amidala came to visit her uncle she found Lysse in tears. Lysse?s dress and face were covered with dust from a factory she had been to that day. Amidala started to say something but Lysse cut her off.

"Don?t say it. I know I?m a mess. I?d hate to think what Grandmother would say if she saw me now."

"Gee Lysse I don?t believe I?ve ever seen you look so?."

"Ugly?"

"No, ordinary."

"Oh Padme, what am I going to do?"

"Get cleaned up?" Amidala suggested.

"You think it?s the dirt I?m crying about. Don?t you?"

"Isn?t it?"

"No. I heard the healer telling Father and Mother he doesn?t think Grandfather will live to see the Holy Days this year. What will I do without him? He?s so smart. He knows everything about the businesses. He knows everything about life. I never thought even though I knew he was sick he wouldn?t be here for my graduations, my wedding, my children."

Amidala was quiet for awhile. She walked over and sat next to her cousin. "But at least your children will HAVE a grandfather." Tears came to Amidala?s eyes. "I will miss Uncle Henry too. I will miss him very much."

"I?m sorry I didn?t think about Uncle Luke when I said that. I guess you do know what I feel."

"And you know what I feel." Amidala took a long look at her cousin. "You?ve changed over the last 3 years since you stayed at the farm that summer."

"I have? I guess I?ve just grown up some that?s all. But maybe this has made a difference. I don?t know." Lysse showed Amidala the pocket watch that had her other grandmother?s picture in it. "Since Uncle Luke died Grandfather has been telling us stories about his mother's and his life. Grandmother has been telling us stories about the family too. Some are funny and some are sad. I?ve been thinking lately the talents I?ve received from my ancestors lately. I?m a strange combination of all of them."

"We all are."

"Growing up has made me realize I don?t know everything. And just because I love someone doesn?t make what they say right."

"Aunt Dedrea?"

Lysse nodded her head. "I still love her very much but I don?t understand why she?s being so cruel to Grandfather. She never comes to see him or talk to him. Any communication comes by having us deliver messages from her. She hasn?t been to his room that I know of for the last 6 months. The sad thing is every time he wakes up or the door opens you can tell he?s hoping it?s her. Great Grandmother wont tell me why Grandmother is acting this way either. She says I?ll just have to wait till I?m older to find that out. A couple of months ago we moved Grandfather here to our house. It makes it easier on all of us to take care of him. That day he saw how upset I was about Grandmother not seeing him. He said he has written me a letter to read right before I become engaged. He explains everything to me in it."

"I know this is unthinkable by most of the Naboo, but what if you don?t ever get married Lysse?"

"Then he says I can read it when I?m 21. Oh my gosh! Is that Grandmother?s car coming up street. What?s she doing out here in the middle of the week? She can?t see me like this." Both girls dashed inside the house. "She bought me this dress. She?ll have a fit if she finds out I got it dirty learning how a weaving machine works. Who?s that she?s got with her?"

Amidala pushed Lysse up the stairs toward Lysse?s room.

"I don?t know. Let?s just hope she didn?t see us run inside. Don?t worry Lysse the dress can be washed. She wont see it. Unless she?s taken to looking in laundry hampers in ot

24. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    This is my story so I'm adding an advertisement for something in my real life.

Guess what we are team leaders for the American Heart Associations Heart Walk this year. Let me tell you finding walkers and/or sponsors has not easy. I don't mind walking the 3.2 miles. In fact I'm glad I can this year after my triple by-pass surgery. I also don't mind donating money which I'm doing too. But I feel very uncomfortable asking for money even for a good cause. (Like Bacta Tanks or Research for Heart disease). So if someone ask please be kind and say yes.

25. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Glad is June, I give you my word. If someone asks, I will say yes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.