main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends An Improbable Mission (Qui/Mace action/adventure) Ch19 Updated 10/16/05

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Knight_Dilettante, Oct 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Yay! Well glad to see Qui is safe [face_laugh] I'm sure he wasn't expect her to turn around and eye him. This will definitely be interesting :)

Yay! Dooku let them go, figured he would ;)

Uh oh...guess Dooku could not hold off Yoda all that well... [face_laugh] unplugging the comm cable? Yep can def see that happening! :D Well guess we'll see if the kids return or not, I hope no.

Glad to see ya back! :D

2. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    [face_laugh] A can-can performer [face_laugh]

per your PM- continue by all means- I'm dying to see where this goes

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Ha!! I knew Dooku would be there to help them rescue his former padawan. Quick thinking on Dinefa's part with the comm system, and I agree with her, it's not lying. Poor Qui-Gon, all wet and sticky, plus I feel bad at his having to leave his 'job'. Can Can Kitara?!? Whoo-Hoo!!! Dang, busted, both Qui-Gon and the padawans.

4. Knight_Dilettante

Knight_Dilettante Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2002
    PA, thanks for the jig, are you saying you want to share the spotlight? [face_whistling] As for your conjectures: Maybe, maybe not. You'll just have to keep reading to find out. You are the suspicious one aren't you?

Kyn, true. Well, he's safe for now, anyway. Odd that.

PK, you have no one to blame but yourself. :p And I quote: If you want entertaining begging for cameos, does that mean a song and dance routine?

Leona, I think Dooku is going to be a bit miffed at how badly tarnished his rep is getting. He might have to do something drastic to get that stern vibe back.

Thanks for reading everyone.

KD

5. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Love watching the Kitara Can-Can! [face_batting]

Great job, once again KD.

6. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    oops- I forgot about that [face_blush]

7. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Hehe, liked how Dooku helped the Padawans get out, but their own obedience is getting them a talk with an unhappy Yoda.

Ooh, will she recognize Qui? Wonder how she'll react this time.
    I liked the Can Can Kitara. :D

Thanks for the pm!

8. raisedbywolves

raisedbywolves Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 1, 2005
    YAY! [face_dancing] An update! Haha. Those courses have done wonders for my keys, K_D.

*shakes head* Mace, Mace, Mace. Didn't he learn anything from Qui? Rules are there to be bent...

Wet shirt Qui-Gon :D But as an experienced washer of laundry in public bathrooms, I have to ask: Don't they have those nifty hand dryers in the GFFA?

9. Knight_Dilettante

Jul 24, 2002
    TS: I'm glad. There will be more. [face_devil]

PK: Muahahahah [face_devil] Let this be a lesson to you all <evil laugh>, KD sees all and KD remembers all. Well, actually, KD is easily inspired, particularly in the areas of evil author tricks. :D

Jedi_Tigris Well, I know how she reacted, I've just not quite finished it yet. As for the PM: You're welcome. Thank you for reading.

RBW As you saw it worked for the story update too. I'm having a bit of trouble getting the next one done though because my ear infection is lasting much longer than it should have considering all the meds. So, I have been having a bit of trouble concentrating and a lot of trouble typing. (It's extarordinarily difficult, laying down to keep your bad ear up and still typing on the computer - even if it is a laptop.) Hand dryers? Pffft, in my experience those things can't even dry hands quickly, let alone clothes. Though the ones in England were much better than the ones we have here in the US. Malastare must use a US manufacturer.

Thanks for reading all.

KD

10. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Thought I'd read this over again in hopes of more since you're back. :D :D

Course now it really makes me want more.

11. Knight_Dilettante

Jul 24, 2002
    Well, talk about a vicious case of writer's block. I apologize for the disgracefully long wait. And for not having a longer post to give you now but this is what the muse gave me. Shrug. So with gratitude to Dianethx for helping me with Yoda-speak, and with the understanding that any failure in that regard (or any other) is solely my own, I give you at last... the next chapter of our tale.

When last we left our heroes, Qui-Gon had just been caught stalking a woman, and Mace and Dinefa were getting a scolding from Yoda.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Master Dooku moved into view on Master Yoda's left side. "I'm sorry, Mace. I have been reminded that I am only one member of the Council and it was not my place to allow you to leave. Master Yoda believes you and Padawan Oirj must return to the Temple."

Mace shot a look of apology toward Dinefa but she was staring only at Master Yoda's holographic projection, her feelings clear to behold.

"Master Yoda, I must go find my Master. I can feel it," she said, her voice rough with strain.

"Much sorrow may lie along that path, Padawan." Yoda's voice was much gentler now. Mace found a flicker of hope kindled by the change and by the sight of Master Dooku relaxing back into his seat and out of view of the holo-cam. But his hopes were dashed when Yoda continued speaking.

"Much danger as well. Allow you to risk your lives, we cannot. This, my padawan should have known." Yoda darted a glance off to his left side and for a moment, Mace was distracted from his own situation by the oddity of feeling sorry for Master Dooku.

~~~~~

Lintal Feron's eyes widened in recognition and alarm when they saw Qui-Gon. He was about to nod in acknowledgement and hope that she would talk to him, when she pulled a blaster from the bag she carried and fired it wildly at him. The doors of the transport had closed fortunately, so only the exterior of the car that Qui-Gon had just exited was damaged in any way. The driver, undoubtedly following standard procedure, drove off down the tracks at speed. Leaving Qui-Gon behind as the only target. He ducked behind a pillar supporting the transit stop's roof just in time as two more blaster bolts came rushing at him. Her aim is improving. Unfortunate. He pulled his lightsaber from his boot, and spun back around from behind the pillar igniting his saber as he did so. But Lintal Feron had used the fraction of a second when she was out of his view to disappear entirely.

"Blast!" He powered his saber back down and tucked it away once more before he could attract too much notice from the few spice-addled denizens of the street, and walked over to the place he had seen Lintal Feron standing when he had exited the transport car.

There was a fence that joined the building, forming the corner in which she had stood. Within a step or two of the corner there was a gate in the fence, and a door into the building. The building sported a sign that declared it as being under renovation as part of an architectural preservation project overseen by the urban renewal program. It also listed an impressive array of fines and other consequences to be expected by anyone attempting to gain unauthorized access to the building.

The door into the building was locked. As was the gate. Lintal Feron was involved in real estate however so the odds were that she went through the door, most likely she had had the key. And it did require a key, It was an old building, so old that it required a mechanical key. Qui-Gon spent a moment examining the ground around him. He found a broken section of wire and spent another moment shaping the end of it. Another short search of the ground, further afield, produced a strong piece of plastic such as might have been found in a pair of wrist binders used by law enforcement.

Qui-Gon raised an eyebrow at the thought, and then returning to the door, bent to open the lock. Using the plastic to hold the tumblers in place once they were tripped, he used the wire, and what impressions he c

12. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Yay! An update! [face_dancing]

Hehehe loved how Dooku seemed to still try to help them ;) LOL on Yoda's admonishment about his old Padawan [face_laugh]

Poor girl...she's juz worried about her Master. And has the right to do so... [face_worried]

Can't wait for more! Poor Qui..it appears that something has indeed happen to Feron :(

13. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Arrrgh, Darn it Yoda noticed Dooku. Darn!!!

He was about to nod in acknowledgement and hope that she would talk to him, when she pulled a blaster from the bag she carried and fired it wildly at him.

I don't know why but that strcuk my funny bone and had me gigling wildly. [face_laugh]

Yikes!!! The Force could have given a bit more warning there!!!

14. Knight_Dilettante

Jul 24, 2002
    Well, Leona, probably because it's a really poorly worded sentance. So poorly worded I am embarrassed. Oops. This is what comes of not being organized enough to have a beta go over it first.

Thanks for reading Kyn and Leona I'm glad I was able to amuse/please.

I have sent off update PMs to those that had asked for them earlier but if there is anyone getting them who doesn't want to anymore or not getting them who does just let me know and I will change my list to reflect that.

Thanks for reading!

KD

15. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    No, no, no!!!

It's the fact Qui-Gon hoped she would talk with him and she immediately opens up with blaster fire. It's the irony... the getting more than he hoped for. I in no way meant it was bad. :( I'm sorry. I seemed to be doing that lately.

16. Knight_Dilettante

Jul 24, 2002
    Ok, Leona, stop panicking, girl. I would never, ever, think you would give concrit in a thread - probably not even if you were begged to. Take a deep breath and calm down. I was just joking with you.

It is a badly worded sentence, you know. I just didn't see it until you quoted it so that it was sitting there all by itself. Something about the wildly not modifying the thing it is really supposed to be modifying I think. Only since I stopped taking English courses about mid-way through high school I can't recall exactly why it is wrong.

You got the idea, and laughed the way you were supposed to, so I'm not too worried. And I'll fix it eventually. Just as soon as I figure out what is really wrong with it.

And now that I think about it, it is a funny-odd way to react, particularly since she says something about Qui-Gon helping the man she is talking to later. Lintal whispers in KD's mind. Hmmmm, I know why she reacted that way. But she says she'll explain it herself later.

KD

17. raisedbywolves

raisedbywolves Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 1, 2005
    Yay, I was hoping there'd be more of this now that you're back!

Ah, so Lintal's not evil... or not very. Just trying to help her brother, it sounds like.

I like the way this is developing. Very cool.

18. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Hurray- you're back with this one :)

19. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Yay! So happy to see an update!

Thanks so much for the pm, KD!

20. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    LOL on the padawans trying to get away and Yoda being his obtuse self and trying to get them back. Loved that Dooku was interfering...LOL.
    Poor Qui-Gon needs more tutalage about picking locks, obviously being a Living Force jedi doesn't help with mechanical things. I could just picture him there muttering under his breath.

I see that the bad guy is wearing something on his wrist. This is not good if it's what I think it is...

Great job. Keep going.

21. Knight_Dilettante

Jul 24, 2002
    RBW Well, now, what is the definition of evil anyway?

Kitara Yep, see good news below...

Layren Thanks for reading!

Dianethx Indeed, could be trouble. 'Course, it could also be he went to an amusement park and got an all-ride wristband. We'll see.

Good News Bad News time.

Good News: I know where this is all going and Kitara is going to get to can-can some more. Diane will also finally show up. And anyone else who wants a cameo should probably speak up or I'll finish before I can get them all in.

Bad News: As some of you know, my brother has been suffering from lung cancer (if you smoke, STOP RIGHT NOW!!!!) for quite a while now, but it looks like this is really the end since he is expected to slip into a coma soon. So I will be heading out to see him and will not be online at all for a while. It will be most likely more than a week before I can even look at writing the next post, let alone posting it. But I do promise, I will not abandon this story. I will finish it eventually.

Take care, everyone.

KD

22. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    My thoughts and prayers go with you and your loved ones! Take care! [:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.