main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON *** An Online Meeting ***

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Woofer, Oct 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    -------------------- Item 1 --------------------
    Post Parade

Videotape: Thanks James for taping the Parade. We need at least 6 copies to send out of town. Can you make the copies?

Pictures: I?ve started to collect all the pictures from all of our events again. I have access to our YJN server and once I get all of them together I will be uploading them for Mitch to make a photo album.
    We can pick and choose what pictures we want to sent to STARWARS.COM after we get them all then I?ll email them in.

IF ANYONE HAS PICTURES OF ANY OF OUR EVENT PLEASE CONTACT ME. I WILL NEED TO SCAN THEm IF THEY ARE NOT DIGITAL.

Did anyone find out how much the other picks would be?

-------------------- Item 2 --------------------
    Clothing Drive for Women's Place

Debby and I will get out stuff to Dana sometime this week.

-------------------- Item 3 --------------------
    More Parades!

I think we should do only one of these parades (the one in November). Once we start getting closer to Christmas you will find that people have less time to donate towards ?major? events like a parade.
    Plus having 2 ?major? events so close together will drain a lot out of the ones that are organizing the events for YJN. We all know how wiped out we were after the G&W Parade and that was only a week ago.

If we plan any event for December it should be our annual Christmas Party.

-------------------- Item 4 --------------------
    Halloween Party

Looks like this is a go on Tessa?s end. I will need to figure out if I will be able to attend.

-------------------- Item 5 --------------------
    Dueling Club

AGE: Should be open to younger members. BUT!!! A parent must be present at all times.
    PLACE: This CANNOT be a person?s house, things will get broken. The gym we had for the parade was nice, but I do not think there was enough care taken that others we not in striking range of the duelers. If this is done it will have to be in an open park or in a gym with a supervised area that cannot be breached. The last thing we want is to have someone hurt.

-------------------- Item 6 --------------------
    The YJN Book Club

Waiting for Steph to set up the next meeting.

-------------------- Item 7 --------------------
    Gaming Club

I?d like to see another board game night.

----------

2. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    The gym we had for the parade was nice, but I do not think there was enough care taken that others we not in striking range of the duelers.

Well Chris, if we use say a gym of that size for a duelling club there will not be innocent bystanders on teh main floor. It WILL be more controlled...what we did that Saturday was pretty well free for all, no care take to cheorograph.

When I was teaching Sammy we didn't really move from where we were, for instance.

I honestly think we need a wide INDOOR area, its safer, warmer and has lights...plus if we get a gym perhaps we can use the mats as well.

3. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

Item 4:

Yet the party is a go. I need a head count of who's coming though.

4. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Maybe a duelling club thread should be posted soon, so we can start dicussing it :)

;) John
    :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.