main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story An Open Door to Narnia [Narnia Oneshot Featuring Lucy and Edmund]

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by devilinthedetails , Mar 6, 2021.

1. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Title: An Open Door to Narnia

Fandom: Narnia.

Timeline: Set after The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe when the Pevensie siblings are back in England.

Genre: General; Family; Drama; Mush.

Characters: Lucy Pevensie; Edmund Pevensie.

Summary: Lucy wonders if she will ever return to Narnia.

Author's Note: Written for @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha's "Open Door" prompt for the Springtime Meadow Event that I'm loving so far[face_love]

An Open Door to Narnia

Lucy stood in front of the wardrobe’s open door, the door through which she had traveled to Narnia with her siblings. She stretched out a hand, stroking the thick fur of the coats before hitting the disappointing, firmly wooden back of the wardrobe.

She longed to return to Narnia and wondered if she ever would. If she ever would visit Mr. and Mrs. Beaver at their dam, where she could watch Mrs. Beaver sewing or Mr. Beaver fish on the river. If she would ever sip tea with Mr. Tumnus again. If she would ever dance with the Naiads and Dryads, who were the living spirits of the water and the trees in Narnia. If she would ever walk and talk with the radiant Aslan again…

“I thought I might find you here.” Edmund’s voice made Lucy spin around to see him in the threshold. The threshold that was open because Lucy had forgotten to close that doorway or maybe hadn’t wanted to, since perhaps she wanted to talk. To be comforted by whichever sibling sought her out.

She supposed she shouldn’t be surprised that sibling was Edmund. They were nearest in age, and Edmund had always understood her the best of anyone in her family. It was just that before Narnia, he had often used that knowledge for cruelty-to bully, tease, and torment her. Now, after Narnia, he drew on that knowledge to support and comfort her.

“I miss Narnia.” Lucy could feel her lip trembling as if she might cry and bit down on it so she wouldn’t. “Do you think we’ll ever see Narnia again, Edmund?”

“I think we might.” Edmund crossed the creaking old floorboards to stand beside her. “I believe the door is open for us to return to Narnia. Just maybe not in the way or at the time that we’d expect.”

“You truly believe that?” Lucy felt hope surged inside her like a flooding mountain stream in spring.

“I do.” Edmund nodded gravely as he might have when he was King in Narnia and called the Just. “Remember how you first went through the door to Narnia to have tea with Mr. Tumnus, but then when you told us about it, and Peter and Susan came to investigate, they couldn’t find any magical land at the back of the wardrobe, so we all thought you were lying or pretending. Only you weren’t. The magical land and the door to it was there, we just couldn’t see or find it. The magical land and door must still be there, and one day we might see and find our way back in. If not through the wardrobe, then through some other portal.”

For a long moment, Lucy considered this. Then she gave her brother a lopsided grin. “I’d say you were very clever, but since you learned all this watching my trips to Narnia, I must actually be the clever one?”

“You are clever.” Edmund pulled her to him in a rare hug Lucy valued more than gold. “And the one who first led me to Narnia. I’ll never forget that or how Narnia transformed me. I’ll always be grateful to you, little sister.”

Then he had to spoil the moment by tugging on her hair. Of course he did. He was her big brother, after all.

“Fine way to show your gratitude.” She stuck out her tongue and wrinkled her nose at him. “Yanking on my hair.”

Emperor Ferus and Kahara like this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Aww. Of course Lucy feels nostalgic for such a wondrous place. Edmund's assurances and teasing, just what she needed, and he's right. They'll find their way back there again, sometime.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
  3. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha As always, thank you so much for commenting!:) Writing this story did warm my heart because of the sibling relationship between Lucy and Edmund. I can absolutely understand why Lucy would be nostalgic for the wondrous place that is Narnia. It was lovely to write about Edmund's assurances and teasing being what she needed and him having the wisdom to be right when before Narnia he often mocked her and made her feel less confident and generally acted in the wrong way. So it was nice to be able to show how much he grew and how much their relationship was strengthened because of their time in Narnia. And he is definitely right about them finding their way back to Narnia again!

4. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
  5. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    @Emperor Ferus Thank you so much for commenting!:) I'm so glad that you found this cute, because that's exactly what I was hoping to achieve!