main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends An Order and One (Obi-Wan AU) Note April 22nd

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Aunecah_Skywalker, Mar 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    All right, I lied. We don't have Obi/Qui meeting just yet. But we have something else that's equally interesting (I hope). Here it is, the next post, which, after pruning down all the unnecessarily cluttering prose, turned out to be 8 pages long.

EDIT: btw, Anakin IS the older one in this 'fic.

Aunecah

-------------------
    Chapter Two ? "Of Light and Dark"

"Ssh. You'll wake her up." Two musical voices spoke in little whispers to each other, but their voices echoed in the still air of the room.

Even though she was awake, Padmé kept her eyes closed, listening with a smile as one voice ushered the other voice into being quiet. The voices moved steadily toward where she was lying on her bed, pretending to be asleep.

"But she's awake," whispered the second voice.

Padmé felt the bed shift slightly and though she couldn't see she knew that two lithe forms were making their way up onto the bed to sit beside her. A shadow fell across her face as if somebody came between her and the early morning twilight that was showering into the room and through her closed eyelids. Padmé remained absolutely still until the shadow passed and she felt the bed shift behind her again, as somebody, probably her son, sat down.

"No, she's not," Luke whispered. "Her eyes are closed."

Padmé could just imagine the look on Luke's face as he said that, his little forefinger pointed at her. Just as easily, she could conjure up the expression on her daughter, Leia's face as she stared at her twin brother with her big brown eyes narrowed and her mouth pressed into a thin line.

"But she's usually awake at this time," Leia pointed out earnestly.

"She isn't awake today!" Luke said stubbornly.

A chuckle trailed out of Padmé's lips before she could stop it; not wanting to disappoint her children, she quickly half-coughed and half-yawned, rolling over onto her other side. Her arm fell across Luke's legs. Even though she couldn't use the Force, Padmé could almost sense Luke's and Leia's anxiety.

"I told you so," Leia whispered fiercely.

Her two children waited in absolute silence for the next couple of minutes, Luke as still as a stone. Padmé could barely keep the smile off her face, but she willed herself to not chuckle as she waited for something to happen, for Luke to retort.

"She's still asleep," Luke said as if reading her thoughts. "Look."

Padmé's forefinger and middle finger walked up Luke's leg and jumped the last distance to his neck. Luke giggled as two fingers tickled him around his neck. Padmé took her little son in her arms as she rose into a sitting position, and grabbing him firmly around his waist as he tried to get away, she let her finger jerk back and forth vigorously under his chin. An instant later, giggling louder than Luke, Leia joined her mother in on her favorite sport of tickling the very ticklish Luke anywhere and everywhere she could, mostly under his feet.

"All right, what're my little devil and angel doing here?" Padmé asked, stopping tickling Luke finally, seeing that he looked ready to stop breathing, and hugging him closely.

"Happy birthday Mama!" Luke screamed into her face in delight as he threw his little arms around her neck. Padmé sprung back as Leia's tiny weight slammed into her as well. Tears of joy streaming down her eyes, Padmé hugged both her children tightly. Times like these were the only things that enabled Padmé to continue on the tiring job of ruling a planet, especially when the planet was so close to the areas conquered by the Sith Lords. She sat there rocking back and forth, hugging her children tightly as if under a spell.

Somebody cleared their throat from near the door and the spell was broken; Padmé looked up and saw Cordé, Dormé, and Sabé standing there, looking guilty for interrupting the joyous moment. With a sigh Padmé let go off her two children.

"All right, my little devils, Mama has to go get dressed now. "

Luke's and Leia's faces fell at once. Tears welled up in Padmé's throat as she looked at her three-year-old children; it wa

2. forever_jedi

forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 2002
    Let me see if I understand this. Qui-Gon, Anakin, Obi-Wan have all died and now Obi-Wan has been reincarnated by the Force in a complete AU? And Obi-Wan is a full-blown Sith complete with blue lightning? Obi's early life and the prophecy surrounding his birth somehow reminded me of the canon Anakin. A woman resembling Rain will be in Obi's future? Do any of these guys have any memories from their past lives?

This is so deliciously different - an evil, unapologetic Sithly Obi, at the beck and call of Sidious! Simply wonderful! The Force does have a strange sense of humor, doesn't it?

3. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    it seems that fj has summed it up pretty good, especially that the force has an interesting sense of humor.

4. Jedi_Nifet

Jedi_Nifet Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2002
    Agree with fj and PK ;)

Aunecah, I have a question, though: why did you put it into a 'Before the Saga' directory?

5. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    this is so riveting!!!

love the sith-obi!

6. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Ohmigosh, Aunecah. [face_shocked] This is amazing! The section at the beginning, with Obi and Rain/Force, was beautiful and descriptively stunning! [face_love] The entire storyline is incredibly original and wonderful.

And I know this sounds Sith-ly of me, but I really like this bad Obi. [face_devil] You've made the perfect blend of charm and darkness in him...though the former will always outweigh the latter. [face_blush]

Fantastic job. Can't wait for more! :D

7. Undomiel_Kenobi

Undomiel_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2002
    This is like...um...twisted! This new version of Obi-Wan...scares me...

So, anyways, I was just wondering. Obi-Wan was first Jango's 'follower' and now he's a sith, am I right?

This is just superb beyond words! Keep writing! I'm checking every second to see if you wrote anything! ;)

And I voice the same question as JN. Why did you put this story in the 'Before the Saga' Forum?

8. Undomiel_Kenobi

Jul 7, 2002
    Okay, it's only been aproximately...four hours and 32 minutes since last I posted in here and...three minutes since I last checked, I am waiting for another post already...

PLEASE! I'M READY TO CRY WITH FRUSTERATION!!! :( :_|

*Blows nose*

Yeah, post soon.
    *sniff*

9. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Great post! Man Obi is so evil!!

Gotta love little Leia and Luke though!

10. forever_jedi

Jun 5, 2002
    Hello, anyone there? We need a post - we NEED to see Obi-Wan doing more SITHLY things. And I, for one, am waiting anxiously for a QG/OW meeting again. Please post soon.

11. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    I echo forever_jedi!!! We need more! :D

12. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    fj: Yes, yes, yes, no, yes. Aren't you happy? For once, I answered ALL of your questions. I feel proud of myself. 8-}

Kitara: Thanks!

Nifet: Thanks!

Froggy: Thanks!

LuvEwan: Thanks! Oh, I'm completely addicted to Sithly Obi-Wan. How can you NOT like him? [face_mischief]

Undomiel_Kenobi: Thanks! :DWell, you'll know about Obi being Jango's "follower," but he definitely IS a Sith.

Arwen: Thanks!

fj and LuvEwan and everybody else: I just had a brainstorm, and I've got a wonderful scene next! :D That's, of course, assuming that I can put my imaginations exactly onto paper, which I know I can never do (mainly because of the nature of my imaginations), but I hope it'll be pretty close.

Hey, it's been only five days since I updated - my readers are greedy. [face_plain] 8-}

Aunecah

13. forever_jedi

Jun 5, 2002
    Oooh, all my questions answered: I am scared now!

assuming that I can put my imaginations exactly onto paper, which I know I can never do

Do it, you can. Concentrate, concentrate. Hmmm? Waiting with bated breath for your brainstorm, we are.

14. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Wonderfully written. I loved how you went from the setup to the cute homelife back to Sithy Obi-Wan. Love that imagery! And the AU is great. Sort of like a Sith War happening all over again with our favorite Qui and Anakin and the ever popular bad-boy Obi-Wan.

Waiting for the next update.

15. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Thanks guys! [face_blush] I have most of the next post written already; it's already eight pages long in length, but I still have to write the filler scene which should take some time - because filler scenes are hardest to write.

At any rate, look at a new post tomorrow. :)

It will give you a whole new definition of recklessness.

"Reckless he is." - Yoda about Obi-Wan (somewhere in the movies?).

No kidding. [face_devil]

Aunecah

16. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    This was a little hard to write. I'm not sure how well I did, and since I've been working on it for over a week, I'm not sure if I've switched a certain number from seventeen to ten and then back to seventeen and have ... anyway. I think I changed it.

I hope you find the next post, uh, enjoyable. :)

Aunecah

--------------------

Night fell atop Naboo's magnificent waterfalls as a blanket of velvety blue and over the rest of the planet as a carpet of inky black. The air was never truly still or silent in Naboo, especially in Theed, because of the numerous waterfalls that were scattered everywhere that looked even remotely like it could handle a population.

The Vedrulda waterfalls, a particularly tall and furious series of waterfalls near the Theed palace, were the pride and joy of the Naboo. A chain of stone pathways curved around the waterfalls, glittering like wet jewels at all times. Access to these particular pathways was restricted to the highest-ranking officials on Naboo.

Padmé and Anakin came here often, usually in the dead of the night, after they tucked their children into bed. Despite the news of a Sith Lord's existence in the neighboring planet of Nntuga, which Padmé had first learned from the newspad rather than Anakin, today had been pleasurable.

After Anakin had come, he, Padmé, Luke, and Leia had gone to the park as planned and spent most of the evening there. In a relatively comfortable silence, Padmé and Anakin had watched as Luke and Leia climbed up and down rides that didn't look especially threatening to their eyes. And there in lay the problem, Padmé mused with a sigh.

Anakin had come with them to the park, but he hadn't really been there. After spending so many years with her husband, Padmé knew when Anakin became lost in his own mulling, and today was one of those times. She had no doubt it had something to do with the Sith, though Anakin appeared extremely reluctant to talk about it.

"What's bothering you, Anakin?" Padmé asked without a preamble. There was only so much silence even she could take. "What's wrong?"

Anakin shook his head wearily. "Everything, Padmé. As long as the Sith aren't destroyed, everything's always going to be wrong."

"Yes, but the Sith have been present all your life, Anakin. You aren't like this every day. What happened on Nntuga? Tell me what's wrong."

"It isn't entirely what happened on Nntuga, Padmé," Anakin answered finally, a strange light shining in his eyes. "That Sith that I encountered there is young, but he's powerful, and quite frankly, he scares me. If he can create Force-storms when he's this young, and still training, imagine what he's going to be like ten years from now."

Not being a Force-sensitive, herself, Padmé knew little about the Force and the ways of the Jedi. But she did know that it was possible to alter weather and create storms through the Force; either that, or Anakin was talking about a tornado of miscellaneous objects, usually hundreds or thousands of them.

Both skills were hard to master by Sith because they lacked stability, or so Anakin had told her a while ago.

"But you said you talked to Masters Qui-Gon and Yoda already," said Padmé with a frown. "Surely, they see the danger in him if you can see it."

"They do," conceded Anakin with a sigh. "But Yoda's being his usual cryptic self and not really very helpful. He wants us to capture the Sith."

"Why?" asked Padmé in surprise.

"That's what I would like to know as well," Anakin answered. "He claims that the fate of the galaxy depends on it, and he's usually pretty good in these kind of things."

"He isn't expecting you to do it alone, is he?" Padmé asked slowly. She had a lot of confidence in her husband's Force-skills, but she wasn't willing to risk Anakin's life. He was her husband and the father to her children. She couldn't loose him.

"No. He's sending Qui-Gon and Mace along."

"Then what's the problem?"

Anakin sighed, rubbing his forehead compulsively. "It's the Sith's presence that's bothering me. Why in

17. Undomiel_Kenobi

Jul 7, 2002
    That is silly of him! He's putting his life in danger for a stupid crystal for his stupid lightsaber???!!!???

He could've killed himself!!! :_|

*sob* Well, atleast he's safe!

I must've checked a hundred times for this post and it's finally here! But... :_|

Yousa bad(!), Aunecah!
    Just for his stupid lightsaber?!?!?

Suddenly, Anakin seems more 'mature' than Obi-Wan unlike in the movies. Well, Obi-Wan is completely unlike himself in the movies of course!

Aaaah! I'm going crazy! This is...--AAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

I LOVE THIS STORY, AUNECAH!!! There's magic in your hands!

18. forever_jedi

Jun 5, 2002
    That was some game! And yes, Obi-wan brings new meaning to "reckless". I loved the descriptions; kind of reminded me of Quidditch, only harder, because of the three second rule.

Wow. This is a strange galaxy indeed! The Jedi and the Sith seem to coexist together. I suppose there is a Sith academy/temple? Complete with many Sith "lords" and their apprentices? It's very weird to know that Siri, Bant and the others are all Sith too.

So, what's so special about this ancient crystal? Why did Obi-Wan want it? Since Anakin and he seemed to have switched places in this galaxy, is Obi by any chance the Chosen One? Is that why Yoda wants him?

19. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    action packed post there! Loved the description, Obi is beginning to scare me though. But that's always good
    lol

MORE!

20. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    wow, great action!

21. ObiKajanee

ObiKajanee Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2003
    You know, I don't usually like the evil guys, but this Obi-Wan is enticing me to the dark side. Good job!

22. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    Geez, Aunecah. You're just evil. Making this bad Obi so darn...sexy. [face_blush]

But I guess it's be pretty hard to make him unappealing..I'd say impossible. ;)

I still can't like Ani, so I loved it when Obi contacted him, then grinned 'roguishly' at him after he won the crystal.

You have a great way with words. I love this story so much...

MORE!! AND FAST!

23. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Wow!!! Aunecah_Skywalker What a ride. I could almost feel the wind through my hair as the contestants dropped down through the sky. Very vivid descriptions - breathtaking is only one word I would use to describe it - more like imaginative, heartstopping, fierce, glorious....

Loved how you interspersed other characters that I had always thought of as Jedi (Siri, Garen, Bant) and made them into Sith. This whole universe is upside-down!

And then Obi-Wan walked away a Sith winner. Great job...

24. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Undomiel_Kenobi: Well, it's not a stupid crystal, though UK! There's much, so much more to that crystal! And thanks.

fj: Thanks! Well, believe it or not, I got this idea from watching some skydiving feats on the TV. The game itself wasn't there of course, but some of those movements (falling down on the head) were definitely in there. And what's so special about this crystal??? WHat????? [face_devil]More's coming about the Sith Temple - you just set off a chain reaction in my brain. [face_shocked]

Arwen: Thanks!

Froggy: Thanks!

ObiKajanee: Hey, I usually don't like 'em Darksiders either - well except Vader. :confused: 8-} Thanks! And welcome to insanity club. ;)

LuvEwan: :D Hey, no matter what Anakin is - well, I guess, except in Timmy Boy's 'fic and Arwyn's 'fics - I dislike him immensely! Just look at him in TPM and AotC and tell me how you can like him ...

dianethx: Thanks! :D btw, just call me Aunecah. :)

The next post should be coming soon - I guess LuvEwan said it enough times for me to start feeling guilty, and fj just made me figure out what I wanted to write next. ;)

Anyway, it's going to have to do with the Sith Temple, if anybody's wondering, and exactly what Sith training entails ...

On a tangent - is there still any doubt about why I have this story in the Before the Saga forum? ;)

Aunecah

25. forever_jedi

Jun 5, 2002
    Why IS this story in the "Before the Saga" forum? I am still not sure, but:

(a) Obi-Wan is not yet twenty-five, when the canon saga begins;

more likely (b) this happened more than a thousand years ago, before the Sith had made the "rule of two"; when there were many Sith who were all at each other's throats. If so, poor Obi - to be placed by the Force in the middle of a long-ago Sith-strewn galaxy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.