main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends An Uncommon Foe

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by study888, May 11, 2022.

Tags:
  1. study888

study888 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    Title: An Uncommon Foe
    Genre: Fantasy/Sci-Fi
    Length: To Be Determined
    Characters: So far, an unnamed Jedi Knight, Jedi Master Formayon, a Twi'lek Female, and T7-MO, an Astromech Droid
    Plot: A Jedi Knight travels to Hosnian Prime to settle a trade dispute and faces danger.
    Author: study3600
    Notes: This is an experiment and a challenge for myself, to write a good, readable, entertaining story in the noncanonical SW:TOR Era that is original and not necessarily part of the game. I am the sole author of this story.

I am a Jedi Knight. My Master is Master Formayon. She is a Twi'lek, and she is skilled at Force Heal and Mind study.

I was sent on a routine mission to the planet Hosnian Prime to help settle a trade dispute between the Hosnian Trade Guild and the citizens of Hosnia. Things went very wrong from the outset. This was my third mission I had been given on my own, without my former Master, who was now my sister since my knighthood. This is my story.

I arrived on Hosnian Prime under fair weather conditions. I exited my starfighter, and no sooner had my faithful Astrodroid, T7-MO, popped out of the ship's wing to land behind me, that my ship suddenly exploded, the blast wave singing my robes and sending me flying several meters forward. Fortunately my powers of precognition had sensed imminent danger and I had put up a Force Shield, absorbing most of the blast and protecting me from bodily harm as I tucked and rolled upon landing.

My droid was sent flying also, and his circuits were much more singed than were my blue-green Jedi robes. I immediately activated my blue lightsaber and stood at a ready battle stance, stretching out with my feelings to sense any more trouble, but I sensed no hostility, but as I headed to my destination I stayed on-guard.

Last edited: May 11, 2022
  2. study888

Jul 16, 1999
    When I arrived at the Capitol Building by Taxi, I saw that the Delegates from the Hosnian Trade Guild were shocked to see me alive. The negotiations lasted about a half hour with the Trade Guild forced to settle or face stiff penalties. As we left the Conference room, Minister Franco pulled me aside.

"I saw the President of the Trade Guild talking to some hired thugs earlier as I was walking in the park. I saw it across the park, from a distance. I don't think he noticed me. Be careful. I don't think President Clawdo was pleased with how this turned out."

I assured him I would keep my eyes open and watch my back.

I took a Taxi to go to a starfighter dealer to purchase a new vessel, when I noticed I had a tail. Another Taxi was following mine, and the people on it didn't look nice.
    When I got off the taxi, I tried to lose the three men who were following me in the crowd and in the streets, but they kept up their pursuit. I didn't wish to fight them.
    Eventually, they confronted me in a dark alley, and I spun around, deflected their blaster bolts with my laser sword, then severely injured them, not killing them. I questioned the leader of the trio, studying his mind and found that a Sith Lord was behind this whole business of the Trade dispute, and she wanted me dead. What the Sith's agenda was, I found that the man did not know. So I left the three injured but not mortally injured thugs there, and hurried on to the starfighter dealer, where I purchased a sleek blue vessel and took off for the Jedi Temple on Tython, where I would report to the Jedi Council.

Last edited: May 13, 2022
  3. study888

Jul 16, 1999
    Along the way to Tython, my droid and I had a conversation. In the Conference Room, his audio sensors had picked up one of the Delegates of the Trade Guild muttering a name under his breath: Darth Brinn. I knew of this stunningly beautiful red-haired female Sith Lord from holos, and wondered what interest she could possibly have in trade embargoes on a prominent Republic world, and after our conversation, I meditated as I listened to soothing music, then studied computer files on Darth Brinn and everything the Jedi Order knows concerning her and her known interests. I found she was a powerful Sith Lord who had three Apprentices, two red-skinned Twi'leks, sisters, and a male Togrutta named Lord Manimus, all powerful in their own right. I realized I would need the help of Master Formayon and some other Jedi to deal with these matters, for my research showed a lot of connections with the Exchange, the Hutts and the Bounty Hunter's Guild. And a deeper mystery was revealed and it looked like the stakes were high. As I spent time connecting the dots and putting the puzzle together in my head, I realized that there were still a LOT of pieces missing.

When I got to Tython, I parked my ship in the Temple's hangar bay and reported to Master Formayon, who wanted to talk to me in private in her meditation chamber before the Council became in session. I told her everything I knew and could ascertain by deduction, and told her my theories and speculations. She looked at me and said:

"I have information that your information has now confirmed, and the stakes are higher than you know. The Sith Empire wants the planet of Hosnian Prime for itself, which would tip the balance of power in the Galaxy and now I know the chief villain behind this plot. Not all the Sith are behind this and the Empress is not either. It is those under her, and now their leaders are found out. Good work. I suspect Darth Brinn and her apprentices are plotting to take Hosnian Prime, then use that extra military might to overthrow the Sith Empress and take her throne. We cannot let that happen."

"With all her connections to powerful crime lords and bounty hunters, it's going to be one tough fight, Master, and also we do not know exactly what the next step is to take."

"I will inform the Council before our session of our plight. If Darth Brinn takes the Imperial Throne, our adversaries will multiply exponentially and the Jedi Order will be overwhelmed."

"We do have the advantage, Master, of Lord Brinn being ignorant of our knowledge of her plot."

"True, my former apprentice. Let's keep it that way."

EDIT: tagging other users in story threads without their requesting that you do so is considered fic promotion and not allowed as per our FAQ.

Anyone is welcome to provide feedback on this thread.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2022
  4. study888

Jul 16, 1999
    dp

Last edited: May 22, 2022
  5. study888

Jul 16, 1999
    A week passed without incident. My daily routine was to spend an hour in Jedi Meditation and studying of Jedi Holocrons and texts, then eat lunch and practice saber techniques, then have some free time, then rest and then surf the Networks, doing research and learning, then spending time with my friends at the Temple, socializing, then more Meditation, study and dinner and bed.
    But at the end of the week a special day came. I was told I was getting an Apprentice! I was so excited. 12 year old Ingersoll Stark visited my chambers at 11'o clock Galactic Standard Time and told me he would be my apprentice, assigned to me by Master Formayon herself. I took a shining to this astute and erudite and intelligent youth immediately. My first lesson to him was a simple one. I told him to pick up a marble from the tray on my end table and tell me all he could about it. After an hour, he described everything he knew how, its shape, size, feel, colour, even what it felt like in the Force, but I told him to keep observing it and left for lunch. When I came back, he had finally understood. We then went out into the training yard and sparred for a while. For all his intelligence, he made many errors in his fighting style that would have gotten him killed were it a real fight. We continued sparring until dinner, then talked about the current situation with Darth Brinn and Hosnian Prime over the meal. Ingersoll had been briefed by Formayon just before becoming my apprentice. He had the insight that maybe I need to look at it from a different angle, as I had had him observe that marble. His Faith was very strong in the Deity many Jedi believed in, as was mine and my former Master's and he suggested we pray about the matter, so we did. Then we continued our meal in silence.

Four weeks later my new Apprentice and I had gotten to know each other very well. He had greatly improved in his saber techniques. I had taught him many lessons and there had been many teachable moments, but we were no closer to solving our puzzle. So I advanced the view to the Council that I go and pay a visit to the Sith Empress to try to find a lead. They told me to take Ingersoll along.

When Darth Acina saw us coming, she was very agitated and ignited her red blade immediately.

"We are not here to fight. We are here to talk. You are in danger." Ingersoll said.

"You are a child." Acina retorted.

"What do you know of Darth Brinn?" I said.

She deignited her saber, sensing no hostility from us.

"What do you want to know?" she said.

"Where is she now? Do you know?"

"On the planet Correllia. My contacts say she is negotiating to have them build her a fleet."

Suddenly Ingersoll's eyes lit up. "That explains a lot," he said.

"What else do you know about where she's visited, who her contacts are, etc."

"She's been to Hosnian Prime to negotiate some trade deal and to see the Hutts and the Exchange. That is all I know."

"Do not trust her, whatever betide. We must take our leave now. We leave in peace." Both of us bowed and we left her wondering about this our business.

We then traveled to Correllia after updating the Council on Tython.

"What do you think we'll find here?" Ingersoll asked me.

"The Force will guide us, young Padawan." I said.

6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    This is like a diary and a nice way to know the narrator and his adventures.

UltramassiveUbersue likes this.
  7. UltramassiveUbersue

UltramassiveUbersue Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2022
    It's always nice to see stories picked up again after being dormant awhile. Also, I'm really enjoying your "serious" prose style-- quite the change of pace from your usual humorous scripts. I'm looking forward to seeing where this story goes! :)

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    What a fascinating series of events and very likeable characters. It is very essential they neutralize Darth Brinn and they do have the advantage that she doesn't know they know about her motives and actions.

study888 and earlybird-obi-wan like this.