main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends An Unlocked Soul -- OC's, Kyp/OC (AU) -- Completed 01/02/09

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Ceillean, Apr 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. angry_bendu1

angry_bendu1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2007
    That was great. Disturbing, painful, but great!:_|

Thanks for the pm!:D

2. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001

Thank you and you're welcome for the Pm.

Thank you.

Thanks so much for that long comment. And this last update was one of my least favorites. :p I'm totally glad you liked it.

The next steps are just too cute. Seriously. It's yummy cute. [face_laugh]

I hadn't even thought about Simple Tricks when I began the story. With this last post I remembered Simple Tricks and swapped through it. I didn't like Simple Tricks too much, I have to say but it gives great insight into Kyp's mind at the time.

Thanks for stopping by to read. Means a whole lot to me.

3. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    This is kind of a bridge to the next part of the story. I wanted to show how normal the two of them can still be, I suppose.

Hope you enjoy. And, of course, enjoy the mush. ;)

Liz had laid her head in his lap, facing him. Gently he stroked her hair out of her face, listening to her even breathing. After a while, when she had hardly moved, he noticed she had fallen asleep and a small smile played over his lips. She seemed completely at peace, her small hands curled up beneath her rosy cheeks. Liz was beautiful to him. Not only did she look stunning to his eyes, but she had shown him a piece of her that he knew she?d kept hidden from everyone else. She had opened up to him, just as he had opened up to her.

Kyp took a deep, shuddering breath as a mixture of emotions rained down upon him. He felt hurt and felt guilty, his insides were being eaten up by remorse and the yearning for forgiveness. His hands began to tremble as he tucked a strand of Liz?s hair behind her ear. All these feelings coalesced into a painful ball of confusion that made his head ache.

He trailed his thumb across Liz?s chin, along her jaw and then across her bottom lip. A slight, husky breath escaped her throat at his touch. He dipped his head, leaving feather light kisses along her eyelids, her nose. She snuggled closer.

He pulled her up so her head lay on his shoulder and cradled her lithe form in his arms. Ever so slightly he rocked back and forth, his dark green eyes not once leaving her angelic face. He would forever keep this picture in his mind, of this perfect creature sleeping so soundlessly within his arms.

Images of his mother holding him as a child crossed his mind. He remembered her soft caresses when he had hurt himself while playing, he remembered her soft words of comfort when he sobbed and left tear stains in her beautiful dresses. He remembered her chiding tone when he had done something he wasn?t supposed to.

He remembered his father telling him about ancient stories, about warriors with blazing swords and shining armor. He remembered laughing with delight and pretending to be one of these warriors, his father always being the enemy in their own private little games. He remembered his fathers? strong arms when he carried him on his shoulders, walking through the city and telling him about the buildings and the people. He remembered his fathers? deep and gentle voice when he said that he loved him.

He remembered Zeth?s cocky smile when he teased Kyp. He remembered sibling rivalry he hated as a child but now would give up almost anything for it to return. He remembered walking in on Zeth when a girl was with him and he remembered Zeth's threat of breaking all his toys if their parents ever found out.

Kyp loved his family so much, it broke his heart to know he?d never see them again, never be able to touch them again. As long as he breathed, as long as his heart kept beating, his very being would love them.

Liz moaned softly in her sleep as she snuggled closer, one hand splayed across his chest. He dipped his head once more, tenderly leaving small kisses on her cheek. He breathed in her sweet scent, an appealing smell of delicate flowers.

He couldn?t help but ask himself if she?d stay with him, now that she knew his story. His thoughts trailed on and he wondered if they would be able to have a life together. Now that he had accomplished his goal of becoming a Jedi Knight, the loneliness he had felt for so many years had returned and he sought and longed for a companion. Someone to talk to, someone who?d listen to him, someone who didn?t care what he was and loved him for who he was.

Maybe if Liz stayed at his side, she would become that someone.

Tears stung his eyes as he caressed her face. She was truly beautiful and she had owned his heart the moment they had met.

He knew it would tear him apart if she?d choose to turn away from him and he refused to believe she would. She was different from others he had met; she didn?t care about their whispers, about words meant

4. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    This is getting good.

5. jadesabre75

jadesabre75 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 14, 2007

6. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    OMG! Loved this chapter. there was so much tension I couldn't take it. So much innuendo too!!!!! I loved all the ordinary stuff too, especially the trip to the hotel and the constant touching kissing flirty! Wow. And Liz's comment about Kyp not living by the code. I was thinking: "No passion!" Hello! Kyp is passion! (at least in fanfiction, but he does live his life passionately I think).

Great! =D= I want more!

7. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001

Thanks everyone for reading. It might take a little while longer for the next update. I started a new job today and I'm sooooo sooo tired. Hopefully I'll be able to post in a day or two. Hopefully. [:D]

8. angry_bendu1

Apr 15, 2007
    Great post!:)

The mush in this update was great. Kyp should get this kind of action in canon, but I'd settle for any page time at all!:mad: :p

Thanks alot for the pm.[:D]

9. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001

10. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    So now, I'm bringing in the Jedi. I have the feeling this'll get more complicated then first expected, but I'll do my best.

[image=http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r296/Ceillean/lizandkyp.jpg]

Now, if I knew how to make a cover, I'd love this pic to be on it. I'm no good with photoshops. At all. I find them to be extraordinarily complicated, but I love this pic.

Anyway, on with the update. Hope it's alright.
    And thanks for reading everyone! [:D]

Kyp encircled Liz?s waist from behind as she stood at the counter, cleaning the glossy orange top after finishing up their dinner. Over and over again the Jedi had asked if he could help Liz but she kept on saying no, her reasoning being that the kitchen was her domain and no one else?s.

And he had to admit, she was an able cook.

He kissed her neck, his attention halfway diverted to the news on the holo net. There had been murders in the capitol, which wasn?t unusual on Coruscant. But what caught his eye was what happened to the bodies. So far three young women had been found, hideously disfigured.

Liz squirmed beneath his hold, moving aside to put away the last of the appliances. When she was finished she turned towards him with a loving smile on her face, ?Will you stay tonight?? she asked and his smile spread when he nodded, ?If you want me to.?

She made a face as he came back to lay his arms around her hips, ?Now, what kind of an answer is that??

He chuckled, leaning in to give her a light kiss on her forehead. He pulled her close, wrapping her into a warm and tight embrace but still his brow furrowed as his eyes darted back to the news.

Liz noticed his distraction and turned her head. She squeezed her eyes shut, suddenly, when the picture shifted to a young Twi?lek woman, who was missing both lekku and whose face was no longer recognizable, ?Why in the world do they show these pictures?? she asked turning back to lean against Kyp?s body.

At his questioning gaze she cleared her throat, ?I?m no good with blood. I get sick and I usually end up having nightmares.?

Softly he caressed her cheek, ?Don?t worry. I?ll make sure there are no nightmares.?
    She giggled and threw her arms around him, ?Yay.? She whispered, before touching her lips with his.

He sucked in his breath as her very cold hands slowly slid underneath his shirt, gently snaking up his torso. She smiled mischievously as she backed up, ?Can I ask you something?? she said, her hands leaving his bare skin. She moved away from the Jedi Knight, beckoning him to follow her onto the sofa. Dialing down the volume of the holonet, she pulled her legs up into a cross legged position.

She waited for Kyp to take a seat beside her, ?Do all Jedi have the same abilities??

He shook his head, a wavy curl of dark brown hair falling into his face. He swiped at it and leaned back against the sofa, ?Jedi abilities vary.? He cleared his throat, ?Master Skywalker, for example, seems to be able to do whatever he puts his mind to. There are some who are Masters with the lightsaber, but don?t do half as well with the Force. Some Jedi aren?t able to use telekinesis whereas they have a knack for messing with your head.?

?Like you do??

He smiled, a note of pride in his voice, ?I suppose so. But among other things, I have the gift of empathy.?

?You can feel emotions? Can you project emotions as well??

He shook his head, ?I can only feel. And I can also block out if I want to.?

?I can imagine it getting annoying feeling everyone?s emotions all around you.? She frowned, her brow furrowed in concentration, ?If you do reach out to someone?s emotions, can you differ from your own? Don?t they all kind of mix together??

The corners of Kyp?s mouth drew up in a slight smile, ?Where are all these questions coming from??

She shrugged, ?I don?t know. I?m a curious person.?

He turned towards her, drawing his legs up to his chest, ?Do you trust me?? he asked and Liz was surprised at the question. She raised a brow and slowly nodded, ?Yes.?

?Give me your hands.? H

11. Spyman290

Spyman290 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 22, 2006
    =D=I like it you do a good job at portraying them.

Hmm i wonder what Kyp has to do and I wonder how Liz is going to get involved(I'm guessing she does:D)

Awesome job keep it up [face_peace]

Spyman

12. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    Every time I read this I want more! I'm such a glutton for young Kyp mush! :*

So far three young women had been found, hideously disfigured.

Why does this make me think of the son of sam murderer and how Liz might be a young woman in danger? :eek:

I think it was normal for Liz to be curious about Jedi abilities, they are rare beings and their gifts are special and exciting. What a wonderful treat Kyp gave her by sharing with her. It is a happy thing for him that she was unafraid and trusted him. I mean, she does know what he can do. So now that everything is so good you have me all worried you?ll kill her off![face_worried]

?We?re linked.?

?What does that mean??
    It means the best sex you?ll ever have!;)

The normal Solo world and baby Anakin was precious. Heck, even an innocent Jacen at age 4 would have been sweet. Ahh, times gone by. So sad.[face_frustrated]

I think Kyp is worried about the very public assembly he will have to attend. Carida is so fresh in the minds of the public. This will not be easy. I imagine hiding out on Yavin seems like a great idea to him for awhile.

Keep it coming and thanks! =D=

13. angry_bendu1

Apr 15, 2007
    [:D]:_|:)...That moment with Anakin was so sweet!

Great update! (:_| )

Sorry.[face_blush] :p

14. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    Wow. Mr. Durron is quite smitten I believe. LOL I loved watching them interact. Kyp deserves a little normalicy in his life.

Guess this new twist is going to show just how strong their relationship will be.

The scene with Anakin, was so freaking adorable.

AWESOME job my dear! Loved it!

15. ccp

Apr 29, 2005
    This was great.
    I'm guessing Kyps comm call might have somethng to do with the news.

16. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Keep it going! Great work.:)

17. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001

18. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Long update. I think even the longest I've ever written. ^^ I was bored today.
    Hope you like. Oh, and I created my own Jedi OC. :p I totally like the guy.

The meeting had gone one for almost one hour, in which the case was portrayed with the lack of evidence security personnel could come up with. Gathered around a large oval table deep down within the NRI building, the hand full of Jedi Knights and New Republic Security personnel gazed intently to the holograms projected above them. A young, dark skinned Intelligence officer clicked through the pictures in silence, her dark brow furrowed.

Lieutenant Belindi Kalenda held her back rigid, trying to portray the needed calmness for her very first case, although she felt otherwise. She was nervous to say the least, and asking the Jedi for help ? asking anyone for help for that matter ? didn?t bode well with her pride.
    ?The media has released that three bodies have been found.? Kalenda said, her voice low, ?But the fact is that there have been nine murders to date.?

She flicked through the next few holos of young women, who were no where near recognizable anymore.

?Whoever is doing this,? Kalenda continued, ?is definitely out for young, helpless near human females.?

The next holo was the most gruesomely handled victim they had so far found. If the media got a hold of current information, Kalenda was sure frenzy would break out.

A human woman?s arms and legs had been broken, bashed in with a blunt object. Her hair had been cut short, the strands hefted between the woman?s bound hands, as if being a sacrifice for something or someone. Scratches along the woman?s temple reminded of symbols of a sort Kalenda had so far not seen before and the bruising along the woman?s entire body made her stomach heave. But what completely rattled Kalenda, was the fact that the victim?s mouths were perfectly colored. Post mortem, she assumed, the killer had taken on painting the victims mouth a bright red.

The poor woman had gone through a living hell before she had finally died.

After showing all nine bodies from different angles, she shut the holo projector off and sat at the head of the table, folding her hands in her lap, ?The reason we are asking for your assistance, is that we have absolutely no clues to go on.?

Jedi Master Luke Skywalker, sitting at the other end of the table, looked up from the pad he was holding, ?Please explain.?

?We have no evidence as to who or what did this. It?s as if the bodies are entirely cleaned after the murders. All that?s ever left is the victim?s own blood.?

?Quite unusual.? A younger Jedi Knight commented. Kalenda had forgotten the man?s name but she?d never forget his face. Ruggedly handsome, with crimson hair and the darkest eyes she had ever seen, he had an aura of authority around him.

?Unusual isn?t the term I?m looking for. It?s impossible.? She shook her head, a few curly dark brown strands of hair falling into her face, ?Missing fingerprints? Not unusual. Missing footprints around the body? Not unusual. But entirely missing everything? From fibers to epithelials to dust particles swirling around in the wind. There?s absolutely no physical evidence, besides the bodies. As if the bodies had been handled in a bubble of nothingness.?
    ?Which could be your first clue.?

Kalenda turned her head to Jedi Knight Durron and fought the need to cringe. Of all the people sitting in the room, she least trusted Kyp Durron. He was a quiet man, hardly ever spoke and when he did, he didn?t beat around the bush; he got right to whatever it was he wanted to say. And as far as she?d heard, he was a fair Jedi Knight but the man just rubbed her the wrong way.
    ?How so??

He leaned back in the chair, his face solemn as he spoke, ?You said yourself it?s impossible to be at a crime scene without so much as twirling up dust. Ask yourself, if there were beings in the galaxy able to dispel this evidence to protect themselves, who would it be??

?Are you suggesting it was a Jedi?? the crimson haired man asked,

19. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    Yay! Two updates in one week! Sweet!

Awesome chapter. I can't believe she invited him to stay at her place while he's there. I hear nookie in their future! LOL

Great job!!!!

20. ccp

Apr 29, 2005
    Great update!
    Not sure what to make of this Nikk guy.

21. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    OK, here are all my coments! My goodness you write fast! (which is a good thing).

But there are bound to be more beings out there able to use the Force.

Exactly, which is why Lucas was a dope for stating the Jedi were eradicated, sure the structured order was, but you can?t irradicate Force sensitivity!

?I will assign Jedi Horn to help with the investigation.?

A very sensible thing to do. Corran?s training had to be valuable to the Order. No matter how uber-Force sensitive Luke and Kyp are they lack the practical skills that make Jedi more well rounded. (They acquired them later, but not so much at first, whereas Corran learned in the opposite direction).

His wife had given birth to a little boy just a few days prior.

Nice little side note about Valin!

leaving the other Jedi Knights to sulk and hiss behind his back. Kyp rolled his eyes at the thought;

As usually, no one likes the teacher?s pet, but some students are just gifted that way! It's not like Kyp can help it. What's he suppose to do, play dumb. He's like the valvictorian of the Jedi order (Praxeum class ABY 12)

?Would you help Corran with the investigation??

Kyp arched a brow at Master Skywalker?s question and cleared his throat, ?Why me??

Knew that was coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

he suddenly had her up against the wall, his strong hands trailing their way up and down her thigh.

ugh! Wonderful! Why not me? [oh yeh, it?s fiction! Stang!]=P~

He was too good, too perfect. At least that?s what Corran thought about Corran

Yep, that?s about right!

I like how you?ve set up Nikki as the antagonist. We?ll see where that goes!

Wonderful update! =D=

22. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001

23. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    The spaceport was buzzing with life. Kyp clamped down on the Force to block out the cacophony of noise that seemed to collect itself inside his skull. Ever since he had started his training, it seemed his powers within the Force grew from day to day. It was unsettling and yet pleasing at the same time.

He heard snippets of thoughts from various beings in various languages and in one instant wrinkled his nose in disgust as a too vivid picture of a scene crossed his mind that he didn?t really want to know about.

He wrapped his dark brown Jedi robe around himself, patiently waiting for Corran to finally arrive. Kyp was surprised Corran was travelling incognito with public transport from Corellia. Normally the Corellian Jedi never left without his X-Wing.

Another few minutes of waiting and fumbling with his robe, Corran came walking towards him with a duffel bag slung over his shoulder. He walked with a purposeful stride, on the brink of seeming arrogant as he approached Kyp.

The crowd around them hardly took any notice; only a few heads turned as they watched the two Jedi Knights meet. Corran had chosen to wear traditional green robes for this oh-so-joyous occasion.

?Well, well, well.? Corran said, dropping the duffel bag to the ground as he smiled politely, ?Fancy meeting you here.?

Bite me, was on the tip of Kyp?s tongue but instead he nodded and forced a welcoming look onto his face, ?I hope your flight here was acceptable.? He said as he gestured for the older man to follow him.

Corran shrugged, ?It was alright. Definitely not an X-Wing but I lived through it.? He cleared his throat, ?So, where are we headed??

?You can either check into your quarters or meet Master Skywalker directly. It?s up to you.?
    ?I guess I?m more interested in what this is all about. So Master Skywalker it is.?

They walked side by side in silence, dodging pedestrians as they almost ran the Jedi over or moving aside to let a small family move by. The silence was an awkward one and Kyp heaved a sigh. He?d just have to do his best in being nice and polite to the older man.

?Congratulations on the new baby, by the way.?

Corran gave him a surprised sideways glance, his brows rising, ?Thank you.? The father in Corran spoke next, pride and unconditional love evident in his voice, ?It?s a boy. We named him Valin.?

Kyp struggled to think about what to say next. He was completely at a loss of words. He?d not thought about children much. Mostly he?d been busy trying to stay alive and when he did have time, the prospect of perhaps someday having his own family was a nice one.

?How?s Mirax doing?? he asked and was surprised at himself. And it wasn?t just a question to fill the silence that would no doubt reoccur. He was actually interested. Countless women over the course of history had gone through childbirth, so it couldn?t really be that bad, could it?
    ?Uh?she?s okay.? Corran?s voice did not hide his own surprise and Kyp smiled with satisfaction at his suspicious look.

They arrived at NRI headquarters a few minutes later. Master Skywalker took temporary residence in a small office which had an adjoining meeting room to the left of the entrance. The colors were bland, everything held in an ugly grey that still reminded too much of the Empire.

Master Skywalker and Corran clasped hands in a friendly gesture and the Corellian then took a seat in front of Skywalker?s desk. Kyp sat down next to Corran, hugging his robes about himself. Somehow he felt cold today, unsettled and the feeling was disturbing.

Corran received congratulation from Master Skywalker and Kyp assumed it wouldn?t be the last of the day. After friendly chit chat and questions about Corran?s well being, Master Skywalker handed over a small pad, which Corran skimmed through with a deep frown on his face.
    ?This doesn?t look good. At all.? He commented as he put the pad aside and cleared his throat, ?You need my help with the investigation, don?t you??

Skywalker nodded as he sat down, propping his elbows onto the desk as his blue eyes

24. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    First! :D And as always, really excited to have a new post! [face_dancing]

25. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    Loved Corran and Kyp here. They actually make a good team, when they can be nice to each other.

Kyp's gonna get some nookie! LOL Sorry. Great job!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.