main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends An Unlocked Soul -- OC's, Kyp/OC (AU) -- Completed 01/02/09

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Ceillean, Apr 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacensolofangirl2007

jacensolofangirl2007 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 30, 2007
    oooo this is quite lovely =D=

The charcters at great and I love how you wrote Kyp in this. Liz is pretty awesome too :D

great story, I can't wait to see what happens next!

2. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001

I'm glad. It's as if I'm in a writing phaze of sorts. But new week, no more holidays, so the next post will be a few days.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] Yeah, definately some nookie. :D

Thank you so much for stopping by to read. It's always nice to have new readers interested in the story. [:D]

3. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Her brother has showed up, interesting.
    Kyp ever attentive host I'm impressed.

4. angry_bendu1

angry_bendu1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2007
    Uh, whoa.:eek:

Great update! The long lost older brother, eh? This should be fun for Kyp!:p

Thanks for the pm!:)

5. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001

6. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Liz cleared her throat and forced a polite smile, ?I hadn?t expected to see you here.? She said, ?As a matter of fact, I hadn?t expected seeing you anywhere on Coruscant.?

Kyrian turned halfway, raising a blond eyebrow. He cocked his head to the side just slightly and eyed his younger sister. Normally one would think there would be happiness in the air when two siblings met each other, but Kyp only felt curiosity and anticipation through the Force.

Kyp inched closer towards Liz, wrapping his arm around her waist. He couldn?t quite read Kyrian?s expression and besides surprise drifting off of his person, there was nothing else within the Force to guess what the man was thinking.

?Well, I could say the same about you.? His voice was dangerously deep, like an animal ready to prance on its prey. But it didn?t seem to bother Liz. Kyp stayed rigid nonetheless; perhaps it was just him, but something about the man just felt strange.

Liz kept her smile in place but Kyp felt she didn?t mean it, ?I?m here enjoying the night with my friends. And this is Kyp.? She pulled Kyp closer and introduced the Jedi Knight to her older brother. The two men grasped hands but their smiles were as cold as ice.

Luke and Corran gazed over frequently; even Han had an eye on the trio, as they continued on talking with people walking by.

?My wife is the Senatorial Aide to Chandrila.? Kyrian commented blandly as if it meant nothing to him. He raised his small glass, filled with a dark liquid and took a sip, ?Which is the reason I am here tonight.?

Liz?s eyes widened and she smirked, ?You?re married?? she asked incredulously.
    A flicker of a frown crossed the older man?s face, ?Why should I not be, Eliziya? I do want to get on with my life and I am happy this way.?

She was annoyed by the fact that Kyrian had called her by her full first name and at his tone of voice, making it clear to her that he did not approve of Liz. She made a slight face and forced another smile. Kyrian didn?t know her, had never known her, so she wouldn?t be aggravated by anything he?d say.

?Well, congratulations. I?d very much like to meet your wife.? Her voice was low and soft, the look in her dark eyes one of sadness, Kyp thought. Here stood her brother and the both of them seemed not to stand each other.

And again Kyp had to wonder if they really were related. They looked nothing alike, they talked nothing alike and they definitely did not think alike.

Kyrian was an imposing figure, taller than the average human in the assembly hall. His broad shoulders blocked the view of people standing behind him, his slight smile holding only coldness.
    ?She?ll be back in a moment or two.?

Liz cleared her throat and gripped Kyp?s robe tightly, ?How are Mom and Dad?? Kyp felt her unease at the question, her nervousness at Kyrian?s possible answer.

?They are well, Eliziya. Perhaps it would be wise to call upon them once and a while.?

Through Liz?s smile Kyp could tell she thought Kyrian was joking. But she let the matter drop when a tall brunette came their way, wearing a fantastic dark red gown. Her long dark tresses fell about her slender shoulders, her blue eyes shining as she walked. Liz would have killed for a figure like that.

Kyrian gripped the woman?s hand and Liz was very surprised at the loving smile surfacing on her brother?s face. It was more than obvious that he loved this woman greatly.
    ?Eliziya, this is my wife, Sera.?

Liz extended her hand, ?It?s a pleasure to meet you.? At Sera?s confused look, Liz continued, ?I?m Kyrian?s sister.?

She wondered if Kyrian had ever talked about her and if he had, what he?d said about her. She imagined nothing good had come out of such a conversation.

?Oh!? Sera said suddenly enveloping Liz in quite a hug. She gazed at Kyrian over Sera?s shoulder and raised a brow in question. Was that a smile on the older man?s face? For her?
    ?I?ve heard so much about you!? Sera said, her voice annoyingly high pitched in Liz?s ear. She let go of her and smiled brightly, ?I?m so glad to finally m

7. ccp

Apr 29, 2005
    Great update!
    Kyp seems to be good with children. Building some possibilities there?

8. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    Let's see ion this post we have :

protective Kyp (OK, you've something up your sleeve with the brother, all I can think is: is he a cyborg?[face_thinking]

sexy Kyp (yummy:p ....I savored every hot little word!=P~ )

empathic Kyp (He was so great with the boy and then he used his mind powers to help and heal! You go Kyppie! :D )

take charge Kyp(like we expect anything less)

Of course adding that Sithly emocon does little to allay my fears!

Great update ! =D=

9. jadesabre75

jadesabre75 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 14, 2007
    Nookie!!! Ok, I'm spending way too much time around Piper. LOL She's starting to rub off on me.

Anyway, excellent post! I have a bad feeling about Nikk going after Liz though. Bad vibes.

Loved Kyp with the kid! Perfect!

Great job my dear!

10. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001

11. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    New update. I'm not satisfied with the writing, though, but I'm honestly too lazy to go over it again. Hope you like it anyway!

Liz paced up and down in her living room, back and forth in front of the sofa. She took deep and steadying breaths, trying to calm her nerves, kneading her hands while doing so. For the hundredth time she stole a look at the chrono, wondering how much longer she would have to wait before Nikk came to get her. And she was only doing this for Kyp. If he weren?t the protective type, she would have been long gone already. But she didn?t want to worry him needlessly; he had enough on his mind already.

Luce?s voice over the com had completely set Liz on guard. It had been an audio transmission only, which was highly unusual for Luce. She was a person who always wanted to be seen. This was out of character for her, making Liz worry even more. But the silent plea behind her words, the silent plea for someone to help her was gnawing away at her nerves.

She jumped when the buzzer sounded and hurried to palm the lock. The tall Jedi Knight with crimson hair stood before her, a slight smile on his handsome face. And he definitely was a looker and not just because he had the perfect height. His features reminded her of a beautiful chiseled sculpture of an ancient; had Nikk not decided on becoming a Jedi, Liz was certain he?d be getting paid only due to his looks.

?I?m so sorry Kyp got you to do this.? Liz said as she stepped aside to let him in.
    Nikk waved the remark away, ?At least he owes me a favor now.?

?I?ll go get my jacket.? Her voice was low as she turned on her heel, returning moments later with a black uniform-like coat that reached only to her hips.

Nikk arched a brow at her outfit; black knee-high boots, black rather tight fitting pants and a matching uniform jacket, with two rows of buttons down the front.

?You know, you resemble an Imperial at the moment.?

Liz chuckled, ?Even though the Empire?s run by dumb asses and idiots, you have to admit, those uniforms are hot.? She buttoned the front of her jacket and dragged a hand through her long hair. One more look at the chrono and she was ready to go.

But she hesitated, suddenly feeling sick to her stomach. She was surprised Nikk noticed this and shrugged at his questioning glance, ?I just have a bad feeling about this whole thing, that?s all.?

?About your friend being in trouble you mean??
    Liz sighed and nodded, ?Something doesn?t feel right.?

?Then let?s not go.?

She made a face as if the man were crazy, ?She?s in trouble and she?s my friend. I can?t not go.?

Nikk stepped aside for Liz to exit her apartment; she led the way to the turbo lift and Nikk couldn?t help but wonder what such a beautiful girl was doing with an ass like Kyp Durron. Being who Nikk was, he ignored tactfulness, ?How?d you meet Durron??

His tone suggested he was honestly curious and as they waited for the lift to arrive, she smiled at the memory. Had it only just been a few days? Liz felt like she?d known Kyp for years already.

?I ran into him. Literally.? She chuckled as she remembered the surprised look on his face, ?And then we got some caf and eventually ended up here.?

Nikk was quiet for a moment, Liz surveying his face. There was a tiny scar right beneath his left eye, the skin lighter than the rest of his face. His eyebrows were dark, most likely his natural hair color, his eyes reminding her of Corellian Brandy.

How many women drooled over this man?

?You don?t like him very much, do you?? Liz asked as they stepped onto the lift, ascending to the roof where Nikk had parked the speeder.

The Jedi made a face, ?I?m not sure about him, that?s all. He?s? complicated.?

Liz had to laugh at that very true statement and she nodded, ?Don?t forget stubborn.? She sighed then and as the door opened to the side, revealing the parking area and a wonderful cool breeze, she smiled, ?But it?s who he is. And it?s what I adore about him. Among other things.?

Nikk said nothing more on the matter and led the way to

12. ccp

Apr 29, 2005
    Great update!

I get the feeling that Liz's brother is involved.

13. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    Yeah, he's gonna be kicking some ass. Yeah baby!

Loved, loved, loved this chapter! I agree with ccp, my first thought was her brother. Can't wait to see that next chapter.

14. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    I thought this section was very intriguing. You?ve set up a mystery here and I am sucked right in. I have to say, I?m not sure at all who is behind the killings and the kidnapping, nor do I know why her Force abilities were purposefully blocked. Can?t wait to read more and find out.

When I think about the nature of plot development I can?t help but feel we are only at the beginning of the complications for this story. I?m totally hooked on their relationship and am also fully enjoying your OC?s.

You understand, Liz might just end up in my personal canon?=D=

Quote worthy:

Nikk couldn?t help but wonder what such a beautiful girl was doing with an ass like Kyp Durron.
    Do I sense jealousy?

How many women drooled over this man?
    I love the image, but for some reason he reminds me of Ganner Rhysode.

Nikk drew on the Force and prodded at her mind again but this time he was flung against the wall.
    Um yep! Just like in JAT ! Something is really weird here, but it explains why Kyp and Liz could bond.

He said nothing more as he directed the speeder into a traffic queue beneath the one they?d been using just a moment ago.
    As Nikk parked the speeder, the feeling of unease grew, becoming more intense with every step she took.

This was literally the only flaw I could find. Why? I felt they suddenly arrived, like taking a speeder turbolift. I didn?t catch that they traveled. Otherwise I think this was very well written. And you write so fast. I just don?t know how you do it. You are so lucky to be able to do that.:cool:

Sometimes he had imagined what it might be like to lay with a woman but being with Liz had taken his breath away.
    He was a virgin wasn?t he? [face_blush] That?s sweet.:*

I?m very glad Nikk lived and Kyp understood it was not his fault Liz was taken. Hope Nikk can go into Bacta soon. Poor guy. He?s not so bad once you get to know him (hmmmm, sounds like a green eyed Jedi master we know).

Kyp is going to go all bad*ss on the bad guys. I can?t wait to see where you take this.=D=

15. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001

Thanks! And the brother? Well...[face_whistling]

Kyp needs more action scenes in canon, I think. That's why it's so very fun to write fanfic. :p
    Glad you liked this chapter.

There are actually certain elements I hadn't even planned on using, which complicates the notes I'd already made beforehand. I think it's better this way but there's unplanning to do now. :p

Oh, thanks for noting this. Seriously. Sometimes I get hasty and I miss things like this. Reading over it again, after posting it obiviously, I tend to realize more mistakes which annoys me. But hey, this is how we learn.
    I'll remember explaining a little more in detail the next time.

Ja, he was. I thought that would be kind of cute.

Thanks everyone for reading and for your kind comments! [:D]

16. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    I made my 100th page just now. [face_dancing] I've never stuck to one story this long before. I'm honestly quite proud of myself right about now and it's also no doubt to your wonderful comments. They keep the motivation going.

So thank you so so much. [:D] [:D] :* It means a great deal to me.

This next update is a little short, with a few flashbacks I thought would fit nicely. Hope you enjoy.

[i]Liz sat beneath the one single tree in the schoolyard, holding a small book in her hands. It was an old piece she had swapped from her father?s study and she was quite sure her father would be furious with her if he?d ever find out about it. But since he was always at work, Liz was rather confident she would get away with stealing this little antique.

It was beautiful. It fit comfortably into her hand, the black leather cold on her skin. The golden writing on the front twinkled depending on which way the sun touched it. The withered white pages were soft and the old dried up ink was a dark blue, reminding her of a cloudless night. She?d do her best to cherish this little book.

A shadow fell across her lithe form and startled she looked up, closing the book with a little too much pressure.

A tall girl stood before her, her dark curls bouncing off her shoulders, blue eyes sparkling as she smiled. Liz frowned at the girl; she?d seen her in school a few times but she hadn?t really taken notice. Usually no one talked to Liz, claiming she was strange; she was all the more surprised when the tall girl suddenly sat down cross legged in front of Liz.

?What do you want?? Liz snapped, tucking the antique book into her backpack. She didn?t want anyone to find out about her little treasure.

The girl smiled, showing a row of crooked teeth and small dimples in her chubby cheeks, ?I just came to say hello.?

Liz frowned at her and her eyebrows rose, ?Why?? She wasn?t used to having people talk to her just to be nice. Out of necessity, yes, but otherwise people usually avoided her. At the beginning of school it had saddened Liz that she wouldn?t make any friends but after a while, she kept telling herself she didn?t care.

?You always sit alone under this tree. It?s strange.?
    Liz narrowed her eyes at the tall girl, ?So what? What do you care??

The tall girl shrugged her broad shoulders, ?I just wanted to be nice, that?s all.? She heaved a sigh and frowned, ?With an attitude like that you?ll never find any friends.?

With a graceful movement she got back to her feet and turned around. Liz stared at the girl for a moment or two, her mind whirling back and forth whether she should follow her or not. The tall girl had been the first in years to just say hello without wanting anything.
    Liz grabbed her backpack and ran after her, ?Wait!?

The tall girl turned around, her kind smile back in place. Liz cleared her throat and made a face. She wasn?t good at apologizing and socializing wasn?t one of her good traits either. She forced the nicest looking smile she could muster and held out her hand for the tall girl to grasp, ?I?m Liz.?

The girl chuckled, her face positively beaming, ?My name?s Lucey. It?s a pleasure to meet you.?[/i]

There was a humming in her head, growing louder and in its wake came along a pounding pain. Liz groaned as the haze of unconsciousness was slowly lifted from her, welcoming her back into the waking world.

She opened her eyes and frowned as she saw only darkness. There were no outlines to which she could have oriented herself, not even a small light or the tiniest of opening anywhere. She was suddenly very afraid.

For a moment she was still, realizing she was lying on a cold, hard floor. She tried sitting up and was not very surprised when she couldn?t move her hands; they were cuffed behind her back.

She moved her head back and forth, making sure her eyes were really open by blinking rapidly. The blackness around her was gnawing at her nerves; it was more than disturbing to feel so vulnerable and completely helpless all of a sudden.

17. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    Wow! I so did not see that coming! Kyp is gonna be PO'd with Tye. Can't wait to see him kick his butt. LOL

Great job Ceillean!!!!

18. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    Wow! I agree with Jadesabre! Did NOT see that coming at all! :eek: I expect her brother to be scum, but am shocked she was betrayed by her best friend! Come on Kyp, stop being all emo and get there already!

19. ccp

Apr 29, 2005
    Totally didn't see that comming.
    Great Chapter. Can't wait to figure out who is giving the orders.

20. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001

*rubs hands together* Good. It's nice catching people off guard. :p

Yay, I finally managed something no one saw coming. [face_dancing]:)
    Kyp's on his way. ^^

Ha, and kick butt Kyp Durron will. [face_devil]

Thanks for reading!

21. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    You?re disobeying a direct order and you know this, Kyp thought to himself as he stood in front of the apartment scraper he and Reima had visited earlier that day. It was now sometime past midnight and the area was quiet even for Coruscanti standards.

After going over the abduction with Master Skywalker and Corran, the older men had asked him to stay calm, to keep a cool head and not do anything reckless. Kyp had acknowledged their wishes and had held his peace, albeit reluctantly. He was at calm and he was keeping a cool head. And being reckless? Well ? kriff that.
    He wouldn?t sit on his butt the entire night and wait for the crappy police to maybe catch a lead when Liz was in danger. And every cell in his body screamed out to him that she was.

He closed his eyes and took a few breaths, simultaneously drawing the Force around him. The life energy enveloped him in its warm tendrils sending shivers through his skin. He cleared his mind of unwanted thoughts, of worries and dark images his mind kept conjuring up. He was one with the Force as he stretched out his senses, again searching for Liz?s rainbow colored light and after only a few seconds he had found her.

And her signature was right below him.

He blew out a breath and dragged a hand through his disheveled hair. Reima and Kyp had already determined that there was no obvious way down; he turned to the apartment scraper and headed to the front entrance with long strides.

His hand slid across the controls and the door opened silently. The entrance was locked of course, but the Force had many a way to be very helpful in various situations.

Kyp entered a long, dimly lit corridor. To his right were three separate lifts to reach the adjoining floors above him but he was looking for a way down. And as he took a closer look at the controls, he was positive he?d have to find different means to get to his destination.

He shifted the Force outward, pouring the energy through tiny slits in the duracrete around him, gathering up a jumble of emotions from seemingly everywhere at once. He felt annoyance and anger, irritation and aggravation. He felt overwhelming happiness from a child, a deep anchored love from a newly wed couple.

Kyp took a deep breath and shoved the feelings aside. But still something lingered; an oppressive darkness along the corridor. The same darkness he?d felt when he and Corran had been investigating the crime scenes.

He narrowed his eyes as he slowly began to walk towards this dark feeling of dread, keeping one hand on the hilt of his lightsaber. The lights around the area began to flicker as he got closer and he felt presences hiding somewhere far beneath his feet.

Kyp knew he was definitely on to something and common sense told him to call for back-up but they would no doubt tell him to hold position and wait. He wasn?t even sure if the authorities would take him seriously. He wasn?t their favorite Jedi to start with.

He walked on until he came to an old metal door with a sign ?High Voltage ? Enter at own risk? attached to it. Kyp arched a brow; this was highly unusual for an apartment building and the feeling that something important was laying in wait behind this door was almost overwhelming.

He palmed the lock, but as he had suspected, the door wouldn?t budge. Again he used the Force to get his way and with a loud grating sound ? he was certain half the planet had heard it ? the door moved aside slowly, revealing a small, dark and musky smelling room.

To Kyp?s ears the door seemed to close with an even louder grating and he was encased in darkness for only a few seconds. A bluish light above him switched on, showing him a flight of old, descending metal stairs. He frowned at the sight; it seemed to be a typical scene out of so called scary holo novels, where impending doom lurked at the bottom.

Pushing the thoughts away, he made his way down, using the Force to mute his steps. Still it creaked around him but when he strained to hear, all he made out was dripping

22. angry_bendu1

angry_bendu1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2007
    Jeez! I missed so many updates!:oops: Sorry.[face_blush]

They were really great though! Some of this[face_love], a little bit of that[face_worried], and ending with a[face_thinking]! Fantastic!

Thanks for the pm(s) as well!:D

23. Spyman290

Spyman290 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 22, 2006
    Holy Krif i sure hope Kyp gets there in time and kicks their butts.

But then part of me can see them get part way into them hurting her before Kyp shows up and Kyp has to help her through the emotions/pain of what happened to her plus it would be a good way to teach her about the force!

But then again i don't know what you have planned.

24. ccp

Apr 29, 2005
    I kinda guessed it would be the brother. Here's to hoping Kyp gets there in time.

25. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    Um Kyp, honey. HURRY THE KRIFF UP!!!!

Man...that was intense and so well written! I loved it!

More soon? Yes?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.