main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends An Unusual Playlist. For Sea Shanty OC. One-shot.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Nov 11, 2017.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    by WarmNyota
    Disclaimer: Borrowing for fun.
    Character: An OC -- an entertainment droid [face_thinking]

AN: For Sea Shanty Challenge 7 – (Rolling) Down to Old Maui
    A song of the tropics from the point of view of whalers of the artic going down to old Maui.
    Lyrics

~~~~~!!!

I am 4EM, an entertainment maestro droid. I am hired out for various informal and formal occasions to entertain supper guests.

My repertoire is extensive.

I recently acquired a new ballad called "Sailing to the Karleian Atolls" for those visiting a resort world and enjoying the amenities.

Lando and Tendra had this ballad selected since it was their latest investment.

The lyrics captivated the Wraiths and the Rogues, and it resulted in much laughter and teasing.

Wes Janson and Hobbie Klivian boasted about the ladies they would win over, while wedge Antilles and Corran Horn just rolled their eyes and reserved bungalows for themselves and their life-mates.

They even were able to persuade Luke and Mara skywalker to join them for a much-needed vacation.

"Now that was a big hit." Tendra said, giving my dome a pat. "This was a great marketing idea."

Lando beamed proudly.

I have a small confession to make. One of the songs in my repertoire is quite unorthodox. I believe I will have to wipe it from my banks. Every time I feel a twinge of daring and play it, the effect is quite startling on the guests.

It was retrieved from a Rebellion era astromech and relates to a caf-maker?

Then there is the song praising the merits of Han Solo... that one also will have to be removed, although I did play it once for the Solos' anniversary party.

Han Solo was mortified, while the guests were completely astounded!

Whether with pleasure or consternation, I still cannot decide.

+++++

AN#2: [face_laugh] The reference to the wacky astromech is courtesy of Raissa Baiard & more recently Ewok Poet @};- Chopper has some interesting melodies 8-}

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Fun with the astromech as the main character. No memory wipe;)

3. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Bahahaha! I love that you included the song as a song and that it inspired some Rogue hijinks and some romantic get aways.

4. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Ha, I recognised the Han Solo song from the book I actually didn't read. Do I win anything? :p

And that was a great use of Tendra's natural knack for business ideas, as well as my and Raissa Baiard's ideas.

5. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    Yeah, I laughed my butt off at the Han Solo song reference. Great work.

6. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    [face_laugh] Of course Lando has an entertainment droid with an extensive playlist! (And why do I think that the GFFA equivalent of Barry White is on there somewhere? Oh yeaaaaah...) Very clever and devious marketing by Lando and Tendra, but if the Karleian Atolls are as picturesque as old Maui, I’m sure a good time was had by all. Even serious Jedi Masters need some sun and fun now and then!

I’m sure that 4EM did cause quite a sensation playing “Han Solo, what a man, Solo...” at the anniversary party. I get the feeling that song is for Han what the SW Holiday Special is for George Lucas, and he’d like to purge the Galaxy of every remaining copy. Does 4EM do the accompanying dance with Ewok Poet’s “Lothal Gal”? ;) That would be startling indeed!

What a fun little story! :)

7. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Almost as short as a haiku, but filled with a lot of fun. An excellent answer for the Shanty challenge!

8. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] This little ficlet had me grinning ear-to-ear throughout. Now I want to borrow 4EM for my droid collection!

Also, we need Mistress_Renata to read this. She's going to want to borrow 4EM too!

9. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Yes, WarmNyota_SweetAyesha is remarkably prescient... :cool: I think I WILL want to borrow it, but only if you don't object. Lando's girls may have a use for him/her/it... I'm a little afraid of the Rogues' beach party!

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Mistress_Renata I would love it, I'm laughing already. [face_mischief]

And Chyntuck [face_laugh] your droid drabbles was part of what got me thinking of a droid protagonist. @};-

11. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    This was fun! Definitely something new and unique to hear the viewpoint of an entertainment droid, and its impressions of some characters we know very well. What a fun and meta touch to put the prompt song itself into the story—“Sailling to the Karleian Atolls” sounds perfect for a vacationing Lando and Tendra. And of course I smiled at the very characteristic and contrasting ways Corran and Wedge vs. Wes and Hobbie plan to spend their time in the GFFA equivalent of “old Maui.”

But what put it right over the top were the references to those two other... very unusual songs! And I know exactly what both of them are, of course. ;) Priceless, absolutely! :D