main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC22 Anaheim 22 - Panels and programming

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obi Anne , Mar 25, 2022.

1. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Here is the new thread to discuss the program and panels in Anaheim. Hopefully we will hear more news about that soon.

ChrisLyne and StarWarsFan1997 like this.
  2. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    First panel announcement and it's going to be jam packed!

3. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Only disappointment is if they are cramming everything into one panel, I would have expected separate panels for each project.

4. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Yeah, this one will be epic, but now there's no chance of "well, I didn't get into Kenobi but I did get Mando", it's all or nothing for all the major projects.

Plus time. They easily did an hour for Mando, the main 3 could easily have filled a panel each, like you say it risks feeling crammed.

BrentC007 likes this.
  5. BrentC007

BrentC007 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 6, 2002
    Yeah, I am surprised they are doing it this way, but then again, I really didn't know what to expect. The date move with Kenobi had me thinking they'd either give it its own panel on Thursday with a possible sneak preview screening of the first two episodes for the Celebration audience, or they'd do a panel for it on Friday after the episodes dropped on Disney Plus.

I've joked about this before, but I seriously wonder if they've put any thought into how they're going to handle that. So many fans in a concentrated area trying to stream the episodes when they drop on Disney Plus.

6. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Hotel wifi at midnight will definitely be tested.

BrentC007 likes this.
  7. zcure1

zcure1 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 10, 2013
    If anyone is interested in some of the collector type panels this is where you can find out about them https://twitter.com/swcollecttrack . I decided long ago to not be a collector but rather go for souvenirs as it were, but I did sit in on a few of these panels at past Celebrations and they were cool and informative.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  8. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
  9. zcure1

Sep 10, 2013
    I was waiting for a panel announcement like that to confirm that although the opening panel will be packed there will still be specific panels for the different shows. Do you think there might be a Kenobi panel with a screening later Thursday ?

Last edited: Apr 7, 2022
  10. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I think if they did a Kenobi screening it would be a night event like they used to do with the films. Screening two episodes during the day takes too much time.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  11. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    No word yet on lotteries or anything like that. They do have a very large arena attached to the CC which was not a problem to get everyone in last time.

12. zcure1

Sep 10, 2013
    @star_wars_is_good I would think although two episodes will be available at the beginning they could just screen the first episode or perhaps an extended scene. I look at the Star Wars Celebration reddit also btw and about your reply to something there, the Mando panel in Chicago also had a trailer in addition to the reel and extended scene. The trailer even showed stuff through the whole season.

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  13. Ginkasa

Ginkasa Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    I dunno if you can look at Mando in Chicago and use that to predict Kenobi in Anaheim. Kenobi will be coming out Day 2 of Celebration. Mando came out months after Chicago.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  14. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    They said there's going to be lotteries. The arena holds 7500. So I'm thinking maybe a 25% chance or so.

15. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    That would certainly take the sting out of missing a lottery for it if they just did that. I'm fine with just watching at midnight if I have to.

16. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
  17. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I want in just to hear Ang's accent.

18. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    So the Friday lottery panel will probably be AOTC.

19. Ginkasa

Ginkasa Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    Oddly, AotC is, I think, The Worst Star Wars Movie, but the panel I think is something I'd like to go to. Even though I don't think the movie is all that great, I still enjoy it a lot and something about AotC really captures a point in time for me in a way that that TPM or even RotS don't do. I mean, look at my join date!

20. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I really enjoyed the AOTC part of the new Lego Star Wars game and all of the sand references haha

Darkslayer likes this.
  21. zcure1

Sep 10, 2013
    I think the AOTC panel would be good one for the big panel on Sunday. It is possible The Bad Batch one might be a later one that day like The Clone Wars panel was in Chicago.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  22. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I thought that too, but if Ewan is coming, doing it on Friday would keep it where he didn't have to stay all weekend. It would also be a little odd to announce a secondary panel this early.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  23. zcure1

Sep 10, 2013
    @star_wars_is_good "have to stay" is an expression you would use for Harrison not Ewan ! lol who knows... I hope Natalie Portman shows up too.

24. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    You dream big...I like it haha

Darkslayer, ChrisLyne and zcure1 like this.
  25. BrentC007

BrentC007 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 6, 2002
    They might get Natalie to record something to play during the AOTC panel like Liam Neeson and George did for TPM.

They could do a 3D screening of AOTC one night like they did ROTS in 2015.

It'd be really awesome if George showed up for this panel. There was those rumors that he was suppose to be a surprise guest at the TPM one and the video he shot looks like it was filmed with a phone while he was waiting at the airport lol

But anyway, I'm impressed that we're getting so much panel news all of a sudden. I wonder if they're going to announce anything else tomorrow, like maybe about the art show.

Darkslayer likes this.